main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talon Squad- Chapter 5 Is there any hope for us now?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Dec 20, 1998.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    You are lost, too? I thought I was the only one...

2. Darth Agent Mulder

Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2000
    <<Talons, I worry about your General. He seems to be talking to himself as of lately.
    Trika, I know you have that same problem. Using the same computer and all...>>
    Darth Agent Mulder had been more than a little upset with the destruction of the front of his ship, but all was repairable.
    Mulder had decided to instead stay with his ship. Let the other Siths run around and pretend with their fantasies. There was no time to fight off Sith look-alikes when Talon Squadron was so close to being destroyed. Then he would have real power.
    Reyanna and Ty-gon were left alone with the potion. It would be interesting.
    And hence bring forth another to carry on when he and the rest of this generation of Sith had passed.
    Mulder turned to Smith. "What of the rebels position?"
    "They haven't moved, my Lord."
    Mulder mused on the thought. "Interesting," he pondered the possibilities of what they could be doing. "Ignorant rebels."

3. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Be quiet, Mulder. We are not crazy, just special.

4. TSL

TSL Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2000
    You tell him, Talon Squad Leader

5. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Everybody, please go here. http://pub9.ezboard.com/ftalonsquadbasethenestthebriefingroom.showMessage?topicID=28.topicAttention ALL Members

6. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Ok, whoa, whoa, whoa. What in the world are you talking about, Mulder? Same computer?

7. DarthGarret

DarthGarret Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2000
    I am in the preproduction of a fan film that in essence will be my version of Episode 2. I think the story i have going so far will be pretty much what can be expected from the movie. I should have a very early teaser trailer coming out soon. I was wondering if anyone hear had any ideas? The thing that is really perplexing me right now is a name like TPM or ANH. This is a really awesome forum and all of you filmmakers are doing great work so keep it up!

8. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    I wouldn't go ahead with this film. TFN Theater already has an Episode 2 trailer, and its good, but thats all it is: A trailer. For you to make an actual 'Episode 2' movie, that sucks! Leave Ep 2 for George Lucas, and make up your own SW film and storyline.

Darth Milarc
    Writer/Director/Visual Effects Supervisor
    "Dark Jedi"

9. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Aside from which, if you go trouncing around in George's territory (clone wars, fall of the Jedi) in any vital way (i.e. dealing with the cause and the pivotal events rather than spinoff stories from the fallout of these events) you could get into serious legal trouble. Don't do something that could ruin the chance to make fan films without lawsuits for the rest of us!
    -Lokmer

10. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I don't agree. Episode II fan films could be lots of fun. Also, you can avoid trouble if you don't use original material (the actual John William's music, etc.) and if you pitch it as a parody. Parody rights are protected in copyright law (though I don't know how). Personally, I say you should make whatever you want. Go for it! And for titles, just check rumors pages -- I've heard they have tons of titles. Just remember, no original footage/music.

11. Jedi Chimi

Jedi Chimi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2000
    I wouldn't go ahead with it. You will most likely find yourself at the Wrath of the LFL lawyers. It doesn't matter if you use original stuff or not, the point is your calling it Episode 2 and they will feel people will mix it up with the original Episode 2. No, you say? Ask the people that made Dark Redemption and they'll tell you.

12. Mr. Star Wars

Mr. Star Wars Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2000
    First of all ignore the people who speak of lawsuit's. They are simply showing how little they know about sucha process. I think you should feel free to make your movie. If it has spoiler material don't be surprised if some people don't downlaod it.

Perhaps if millions of people were to download it would Lucas feel the need to shut it down.

MTFBWY

13. DarthGarret

DarthGarret Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2000
    Thanks for your help mr star wars. I doubt millions will download it though lol

14. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    What this issue basically comes down to is how daring you want to be. (Note: I am most emphatically not a lawyer, and will under no circumstances be liable for any action taken against you in this issue.) It is my understanding that, as long as you stay 100% away from copyrights and trademarks, just because you're building on the Star Wars concept, LucasFilm can't sue you. Simply because you use lightsabers and a character named Anakin doesn't mean you are in violation of copyright/trademark law. You MUST, however, stay away from "Star Wars." Call it "Rats Wars," perhaps, and make it about rats -- just find some way to stay away from the Star Wars title. Also, for information on whether you are violating trademarks by using character names, check http://www.uspto.gov/. http://www.uspto.gov/.

[This message has been edited by darth_paul (edited 05-12-2000).]

15. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Bumping it up for the change over.

16. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    A thread that deserves to continue it's long life.

17. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    A thread that deserves to continue it's long life.

18. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Let me start reinvigorate this thread with a bang.

I am selling several of my SW books at a garage sale my family will be holding soon.

Which ones am I selling? Anything written by Hambly and McIntyre.

CotJ

Usually, the title of a book has quite a bit to do with the events unfolding in a book; COTJ didn't. We son't see any of these "children of the Jedi."

Just want to take a look at a few other titles:

Heir To The Empire: Grand Admiral Thrawn. Seems simple at first, but then C'Baoth is thrown into the picture and both of them essentially jockey for position.

Dark Force Rising: The discovery and use of the Dark Force.

The Last Command: Would Mara carry-out her master's last command? YOU WILL KILL LUKE SKYWALKER. And that was the whole point of having Luuke Skywalker, so Mara could get out of Palpatine's last command on a technicality.

The Truce At Bakura: Truce between Commander Tanas' forces and rebel forces at Bakura to battle the Ruuk.

Jedi Search: Luke is forming a Jedi academy and needs to search for pupils.

Dark Apprentice: Kyp Durron

Champions of the Force: The defeat of Exar Kun, Kyp's beginning to redeem himself, the defeat of Daala and the Death Star prototype

Darksaber: Name of the Hutt superweapon that didn't work.

The Crystal Star: A star that somehow manages to disrupt the Force.

Specter of the Past: The possible return of Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Vision of the Future: Disra's plan was exposed and Pellaeon made peace with the NR (as much as the notion of doing such a thing makes my stomach churn, peace was the only viable strategic alternative the Empire had at the time); this opens up new doors to a more peaceful future.

Vector Prime: Prime means one. Vector one. The entry point of the YV into the SW galaxy.

Dark Tide: Onslaught: The Vong onslaught is unleashed upon the NR.

Dark Tide Ruin: (name of planet removed for those who have yet to read it) was destroyed, ruined.

Now to look at CotJs plot.

The Eye of Palpatine: Ridiculous. This ship was described as a dreadnaught that was the size of a Super-class Star Destroyer and it was the only functional Imperial superweapon that was designed before Vader chucked Palpy down into the DS II's reactor.

Why would the Emperor make this monstrous ship and then just forget all about it? It just doesn't make any sense for this ship to be lying around at some unknown location with a full-blown rebellion taking place. Palpatine should have been very concerned about finding the Eye to keep it out of rebel hands and to be able to use it against the rebels.

And then this ship just happens to have been programmed to attack Belsavis. And where are Han and Leia? Why, Belsavis of course.

And the idea of someone's spirit being able to get trapped inside a mainframe is ridiculous. It isn't like Kyp turned on a coffee-maker and out popped Exar Kun.

And don't even get me started on the Ismarens. Roganda was nothing but some court left-over who thought she had all this power when she was just a social fixture--she served no useful purpose other than to look pretty for Palpatine. To have this Roganda oaf be an Emperor's Hand really diminishes the power of that title. Perhaps if you gave Roganda a blaster she might have to ask: "How do you work this thing?" And then her son was pretty much a carbon copy of her. And just as insufferable.

For Roganda to have been an Emperor's Hand demeans Mara. Roganda was just a debutante, not an assasin, sabotuer or anything that the Emperor would find strategically useful.

If Roganda can be a Hand, do all Royal Guardsmen have to undertake ballet lessons? Do they have recitals?

PoT

I don't remember much of the plot excpet for a the Death Seed Plague, stuff with 3PO and R2 that really has no bearing on the story-line, Luke goes on and on about finding Callista; he doesn't finds her but they don't meet face-to-face. And Daala turns into a cuddely puppy ready to melt in the arms of a guy she hasn't seen since she was at the academy. For that to happen to an Imperial admiral is sickening and character as

19. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Let me start reinvigorate this thread with a bang.

I am selling several of my SW books at a garage sale my family will be holding soon.

Which ones am I selling? Anything written by Hambly and McIntyre.

CotJ

Usually, the title of a book has quite a bit to do with the events unfolding in a book; COTJ didn't. We son't see any of these "children of the Jedi."

Just want to take a look at a few other titles:

Heir To The Empire: Grand Admiral Thrawn. Seems simple at first, but then C'Baoth is thrown into the picture and both of them essentially jockey for position.

Dark Force Rising: The discovery and use of the Dark Force.

The Last Command: Would Mara carry-out her master's last command? YOU WILL KILL LUKE SKYWALKER. And that was the whole point of having Luuke Skywalker, so Mara could get out of Palpatine's last command on a technicality.

The Truce At Bakura: Truce between Commander Tanas' forces and rebel forces at Bakura to battle the Ruuk.

Jedi Search: Luke is forming a Jedi academy and needs to search for pupils.

Dark Apprentice: Kyp Durron

Champions of the Force: The defeat of Exar Kun, Kyp's beginning to redeem himself, the defeat of Daala and the Death Star prototype

Darksaber: Name of the Hutt superweapon that didn't work.

The Crystal Star: A star that somehow manages to disrupt the Force.

Specter of the Past: The possible return of Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Vision of the Future: Disra's plan was exposed and Pellaeon made peace with the NR (as much as the notion of doing such a thing makes my stomach churn, peace was the only viable strategic alternative the Empire had at the time); this opens up new doors to a more peaceful future.

Vector Prime: Prime means one. Vector one. The entry point of the YV into the SW galaxy.

Dark Tide: Onslaught: The Vong onslaught is unleashed upon the NR.

Dark Tide Ruin: (name of planet removed for those who have yet to read it) was destroyed, ruined.

Now to look at CotJs plot.

The Eye of Palpatine: Ridiculous. This ship was described as a dreadnaught that was the size of a Super-class Star Destroyer and it was the only functional Imperial superweapon that was designed before Vader chucked Palpy down into the DS II's reactor.

Why would the Emperor make this monstrous ship and then just forget all about it? It just doesn't make any sense for this ship to be lying around at some unknown location with a full-blown rebellion taking place. Palpatine should have been very concerned about finding the Eye to keep it out of rebel hands and to be able to use it against the rebels.

And then this ship just happens to have been programmed to attack Belsavis. And where are Han and Leia? Why, Belsavis of course.

And the idea of someone's spirit being able to get trapped inside a mainframe is ridiculous. It isn't like Kyp turned on a coffee-maker and out popped Exar Kun.

And don't even get me started on the Ismarens. Roganda was nothing but some court left-over who thought she had all this power when she was just a social fixture--she served no useful purpose other than to look pretty for Palpatine. To have this Roganda oaf be an Emperor's Hand really diminishes the power of that title. Perhaps if you gave Roganda a blaster she might have to ask: "How do you work this thing?" And then her son was pretty much a carbon copy of her. And just as insufferable.

For Roganda to have been an Emperor's Hand demeans Mara. Roganda was just a debutante, not an assasin, sabotuer or anything that the Emperor would find strategically useful.

If Roganda can be a Hand, do all Royal Guardsmen have to undertake ballet lessons? Do they have recitals?

PoT

I don't remember much of the plot excpet for a the Death Seed Plague, stuff with 3PO and R2 that really has no bearing on the story-line, Luke goes on and on about finding Callista; he doesn't finds her but they don't meet face-to-face. And Daala turns into a cuddely puppy ready to melt in the arms of a guy she hasn't seen since she was at the academy. For that to happen to an Imperial admiral is sickening and character as

20. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.