main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talon Squad- Chapter 5 Is there any hope for us now?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Dec 20, 1998.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew

Drew Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 1998
    good call zaz, COTJ was good, but I am about halfway through POT and it is considerably more boring than others such as Zahn, I found myself reading half of TLC in one sitting when I was reading that, POT just doesn't seem to flow and keep the excitement up, at the beginning of the book I was wondering what was going on, flooded with new characters, new regions, etc... There are interesting bits though that I have come across though, maybe the rest of the book with prove more interesting

2. Admiral Maciejewski

Admiral Maciejewski Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 1998
    I read Children of the Jedi and Planet of Twilight like I read all Star Wars books, at a normal pace.

Children was a good book. Just take out the Plawal story, and it is a good book. I loved the Eye of Palpatine story. I loved the Luke and Callista story also. The fact that Cray and Callista traded bodies lost the emotional impact that I it had when Callista supposedly died.

Planet of Twilight was not really much better. Nice to see Dalaa again. The story was ok, but I could have done without the Drochs and the giant one, what ever its name was. The Jedi Hutt was kind of cool, but the rest of the book was lame. Only plus, get to see what happens to Callista.

3. Admiral Maciejewski

Admiral Maciejewski Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 1998
    I read Children of the Jedi and Planet of Twilight like I read all Star Wars books, at a normal pace.

Children was a good book. Just take out the Plawal story, and it is a good book. I loved the Eye of Palpatine story. I loved the Luke and Callista story also. The fact that Cray and Callista traded bodies lost the emotional impact that I it had when Callista supposedly died.

Planet of Twilight was not really much better. Nice to see Dalaa again. The story was ok, but I could have done without the Drochs and the giant one, what ever its name was. The Jedi Hutt was kind of cool, but the rest of the book was lame. Only plus, get to see what happens to Callista.

4. MON CAL WARRIOR

MON CAL WARRIOR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 1998
    I don't hate Hamby as a person just as an author, of SW. My personal opinion is that both of her books have good parts, but the bad parts outweigh the good. I think that if she was going to have Jedi students she should have given them more pesonality. Well I didn't mean to attack Hamby as a person just as an author.

[This message has been edited by MON CAL WARRIOR (edited 01-01-99).]

5. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    I don't hate Hamby as a person just as an author, of SW. My personal opinion is that both of her books have good parts, but the bad parts outweigh the good. I think that if she was going to have Jedi students she should have given them more pesonality. Well I didn't mean to attack Hamby as a person just as an author.

[This message has been edited by MON CAL WARRIOR (edited 01-01-99).]

6. Hathor

Hathor Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 28, 1998
    DL, you say we have no arguments to back up our opinion and that you found parts of Barbara's story boring, but still enjoyed her books as a whole. Now correct me if I'm wrong but isen't enjoyment an emotion? Emotions are hard to back up with support sometimes. If I likes COTJ plot but found the book to be overwhealmingly (that A word?) boring I'd have to say I didn't like that book. And since I found it boring, which determins whether or not I Enjoyed (my emotion) the book, I would dislike the book. Follow me? I know what I'm saying is a little confusing, but my point is that sometimes liking something or not is based purely on your own feelings and cannot be based on facts and reason.

7. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    DL, you say we have no arguments to back up our opinion and that you found parts of Barbara's story boring, but still enjoyed her books as a whole. Now correct me if I'm wrong but isen't enjoyment an emotion? Emotions are hard to back up with support sometimes. If I likes COTJ plot but found the book to be overwhealmingly (that A word?) boring I'd have to say I didn't like that book. And since I found it boring, which determins whether or not I Enjoyed (my emotion) the book, I would dislike the book. Follow me? I know what I'm saying is a little confusing, but my point is that sometimes liking something or not is based purely on your own feelings and cannot be based on facts and reason.

8. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I asked for thought and reason, you bring up emotive opinion. Reminds me of a highscool sophomore that says Shakespeare sucks because he's too lazy to read into Billy's stories.

9. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    I asked for thought and reason, you bring up emotive opinion. Reminds me of a highscool sophomore that says Shakespeare sucks because he's too lazy to read into Billy's stories.

10. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    We go from the author that has no talent for SW to Much Ado About Nothimg's author. By the way I like William, probaly more than the next guy but please don't ever compare Hamby to Shakespear

11. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    We go from the author that has no talent for SW to Much Ado About Nothimg's author. By the way I like William, probaly more than the next guy but please don't ever compare Hamby to Shakespear

12. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    Yeah, but Darth, he's a Sophomore student, you're an adult with a BA in English, I'd say there's a little bit of difference there. Maybe he doesn't like to read, but If you had him as a student or something than you'd know about him, but I don't.

13. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    Yeah, but Darth, he's a Sophomore student, you're an adult with a BA in English, I'd say there's a little bit of difference there. Maybe he doesn't like to read, but If you had him as a student or something than you'd know about him, but I don't.

14. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    I wasn't comparing the authors, but the attitudes of the readers.

15. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    I wasn't comparing the authors, but the attitudes of the readers.

16. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    Who's got the BA in English? <note> didn't mean to bite your a$$es on the William Shakespeare, but his stuff is great.

17. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    Who's got the BA in English? <note> didn't mean to bite your a$$es on the William Shakespeare, but his stuff is great.

18. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    Darth- he said so before in another thread.

19. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    Darth- he said so before in another thread.

20. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    DL, you stated earlier in this thread that you don't hate KJA-just dislike him. Then why did you state in the favorite villian thread that "KJA? I love to hate that guy" If you don't belive me it check yourself. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but things start to be confusing when you contradict yourself. I agree with you that hate is too strong a word, but then why did you use it?

21. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    DL, you stated earlier in this thread that you don't hate KJA-just dislike him. Then why did you state in the favorite villian thread that "KJA? I love to hate that guy" If you don't belive me it check yourself. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but things start to be confusing when you contradict yourself. I agree with you that hate is too strong a word, but then why did you use it?

22. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    You caught me! Well, consider it tongue in cheek.

23. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    You caught me! Well, consider it tongue in cheek.

24. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    Loath, hate the same thing. I don't hate Hamby. I just thought that people would respond to it if I said HATE. Oh well.

25. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    Loath, hate the same thing. I don't hate Hamby. I just thought that people would respond to it if I said HATE. Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.