main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talon Squad- Chapter 5 Is there any hope for us now?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Dec 20, 1998.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue Octopus

Rogue Octopus Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 1999
    whoops, sorry

[This message has been edited by Rogue Octopus (edited 01-01-99).]

[This message has been edited by Rogue Octopus (edited 01-02-99).]

2. Hathor

Hathor Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 28, 1998
    are you a famous Author Rogue? No, didn;t think so

3. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    are you a famous Author Rogue? No, didn;t think so

4. Admiral Maciejewski

Admiral Maciejewski Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 1998
    I agree, stop make threads called "Reasons to hate...". Come on, it is one thing to not like someones writing, but you cannot say you hate the person just because of that, at least that is what you imply in the titles.

[This message has been edited by Admiral Maciejewski (edited 01-01-99).]

5. Admiral Maciejewski

Admiral Maciejewski Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 1998
    I agree, stop make threads called "Reasons to hate...". Come on, it is one thing to not like someones writing, but you cannot say you hate the person just because of that, at least that is what you imply in the titles.

[This message has been edited by Admiral Maciejewski (edited 01-01-99).]

6. MON CAL WARRIOR

MON CAL WARRIOR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 1998
    Fine I should've just said DISLIKE ok?

7. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    Fine I should've just said DISLIKE ok?

8. Rogue Jedi

Rogue Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 1998
    Mon Cal, I did understand what your meaning was in the title...you meant dislike of her work, just like Hathor meant liking KJA's work, not the author himself in her thread. That was why I tried (and seriously failed at wording it) to defend your reasoning.

No apology is nessecary.

9. Rogue Jedi

Oct 9, 1998
    Mon Cal, I did understand what your meaning was in the title...you meant dislike of her work, just like Hathor meant liking KJA's work, not the author himself in her thread. That was why I tried (and seriously failed at wording it) to defend your reasoning.

No apology is nessecary.

10. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    Rogue Jedi, Hi, please SAY SOMETHING to aknowledge my presence. That is if you're not pissed at me 'cause this is really starting to PISS ME off

[This message has been edited by Hathor (edited 01-01-99).]

11. Hathor

Nov 28, 1998
    Rogue Jedi, Hi, please SAY SOMETHING to aknowledge my presence. That is if you're not pissed at me 'cause this is really starting to PISS ME off

[This message has been edited by Hathor (edited 01-01-99).]

12. Rogue Jedi

Oct 9, 1998
    Hathor, No I'm not an Author, I was merely trying to establish an equal frame of reference...

Second, I'll stand my ground by saying that text ineptitude (lack of wording deftness) is a trait present in ALL of us at any given time...even the most eloquent of people "step in it" occasionally. I simply thought that in his title wording that this was Mon-Cal's turn....and it's obvious that in my doing so,(in pointing that out) that it was definately my turn. If you want to pound me further on this....E-mail me. My address is on my profile. I invite you to do so.

Third, with myself being 30 years old anyone who I believe is younger than me I refer to as a kid...just as someone who is older than me might refer to me as a kid. Just because that is the way I refer to people doesn't in any way imply that I consider what they are saying as "crap" or consider their wording, "crap"...So please don't put words in my mouth. In my questions to Mon-Cal I genuinely wanted to hear his responses. If you want to pick apart the word "kid" any more then by all means, have at it.

No I'm not pissed at you, and I haven't been ignoring you either, I'm not very deft at using a keyboard either so my posts take time.

[This message has been edited by Rogue Jedi (edited 01-01-99).]

13. Rogue Jedi

Oct 9, 1998
    Hathor, No I'm not an Author, I was merely trying to establish an equal frame of reference...

Second, I'll stand my ground by saying that text ineptitude (lack of wording deftness) is a trait present in ALL of us at any given time...even the most eloquent of people "step in it" occasionally. I simply thought that in his title wording that this was Mon-Cal's turn....and it's obvious that in my doing so,(in pointing that out) that it was definately my turn. If you want to pound me further on this....E-mail me. My address is on my profile. I invite you to do so.

Third, with myself being 30 years old anyone who I believe is younger than me I refer to as a kid...just as someone who is older than me might refer to me as a kid. Just because that is the way I refer to people doesn't in any way imply that I consider what they are saying as "crap" or consider their wording, "crap"...So please don't put words in my mouth. In my questions to Mon-Cal I genuinely wanted to hear his responses. If you want to pick apart the word "kid" any more then by all means, have at it.

No I'm not pissed at you, and I haven't been ignoring you either, I'm not very deft at using a keyboard either so my posts take time.

[This message has been edited by Rogue Jedi (edited 01-01-99).]

14. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    Damn, no more squabling. It went from reasons to Dislike Barbara Hamby to disliking each other just because of some remarks from some un-informed author who couldn't even read the other post.<note Crispin's trilogy was fine>

[This message has been edited by MON CAL WARRIOR (edited 01-01-99).]

15. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    Damn, no more squabling. It went from reasons to Dislike Barbara Hamby to disliking each other just because of some remarks from some un-informed author who couldn't even read the other post.<note Crispin's trilogy was fine>

[This message has been edited by MON CAL WARRIOR (edited 01-01-99).]

16. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    I need this at the top again, thanks.

17. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    I need this at the top again, thanks.

18. Jades Fire

Jades Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1998
    Well, back to the topic.... I'll have to come down on the side of liking her work. I really enjoyed the Luke/Callista story even though I preferred to see Luke and Mara hook up. I liked it so much I re-read the book, reading only their storyline. The Eye of Palpatine was a good, in keeping with Palpy's superweapon fetish. Planet of Twilight was good too, although I could have done without Dizm -- the culinary-created terror. The Death Sead plague was a different, new threat, not just some crazed resurrected Dark Jedi or someone using a superweapon.

My only bone of contention would be the lack of continuity. If Luke and Mara were destined for each other, why introduce another love interest and string people along.

Here's something I have been wondering about though. How many thing BH toned down Daala and reunited her with her lost love to get back at KJA for turning her Callista into a weak willed woman?

19. Jades Fire

Jades Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1998
    Well, back to the topic.... I'll have to come down on the side of liking her work. I really enjoyed the Luke/Callista story even though I preferred to see Luke and Mara hook up. I liked it so much I re-read the book, reading only their storyline. The Eye of Palpatine was a good, in keeping with Palpy's superweapon fetish. Planet of Twilight was good too, although I could have done without Dizm -- the culinary-created terror. The Death Sead plague was a different, new threat, not just some crazed resurrected Dark Jedi or someone using a superweapon.

My only bone of contention would be the lack of continuity. If Luke and Mara were destined for each other, why introduce another love interest and string people along.

Here's something I have been wondering about though. How many thing BH toned down Daala and reunited her with her lost love to get back at KJA for turning her Callista into a weak willed woman?

20. Darth Mauledtodeath

Darth Mauledtodeath Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 1999
    I dislike Hambly because her plots are sub-par star wars. She doesn't write SW very well. I see that this thread has caused a little trouble for mon cal warrior. I don't hate hambly but I don't like her.

21. Darth Mauledtodeath

Darth Mauledtodeath Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 1999
    I dislike Hambly because her plots are sub-par star wars. She doesn't write SW very well. I see that this thread has caused a little trouble for mon cal warrior. I don't hate hambly but I don't like her.

22. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Jades Fire... it had to happen because Crystal Star was written before CotJ in the timeline, but set later. The authors had no choice but to string you along. No problem if Hambly never created Callista, right? You can think so, but I still think she made things interesting.

23. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Jades Fire... it had to happen because Crystal Star was written before CotJ in the timeline, but set later. The authors had no choice but to string you along. No problem if Hambly never created Callista, right? You can think so, but I still think she made things interesting.

24. ulic

ulic Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 1999
    Did anyone else feel like they had a concussion while they tried to read COTJ. Luke's head was spinning and her writing style made my spin.

25. ulic

ulic Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 1999
    Did anyone else feel like they had a concussion while they tried to read COTJ. Luke's head was spinning and her writing style made my spin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.