main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talon Squad- Chapter 5 Is there any hope for us now?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Dec 20, 1998.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    <<Ignore this. I didn't fit with the plot. The Scully, Mulder? How creative.>>

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 03-29-2000).]

2. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Carre eyed the ysalamiri for a second, her expression somewhere between disbelief and disgust. Then, slowly, she smiled and began to laugh softly.

Reyanna stared at her. "I fail to see the humor of this situation."

Still chuckling, Carre reached up into her thick black hair and withdrew one of her lacquered zenji needles. With a quick flick of her wrist, she skewered the ysalamiri that had been about to find a home on her skin.

Reyanna watched, her eyes gleaming. "Ah... yes, that is rather amusing."

"Isn't it?" Carre smiled evilly. "Those fools... didn't they notice what was in my hair? Ah, well, their stupidity is our means of escape. Hold still... I don't want to stab you by mistake."

The other woman kept still as Carre brought one of her lacquered needles down on the ugly little creature that had attached itself to Reyanna's skin. As it died, the Force flowed back into the room. Carre pulled the deceptively decorative weapon out of its body and wiped away its blood. Then she replaced the needle in her hair, smoothing back a few stray black strands.

She reached out to the Force. Her control over it was largely untrained, but she knew the basics. She used it now to take down the shield that imprisoned her and Reyanna on the soon to be destroyed ship.

Smiling even wider, she turned to her companion. "All right. I think it's time to get out of here..."

Reyanna smiled back. "I couldn't agree more."

The two women made their way out of their intended deathtrap to find transport off the doomed ship.

3. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    The Herrenvolk was deserted except for the members of Talon squad who hadn't been taken by Mulder. The entire crew of the SSD had abandoned ship. Jaren made a quick assessment of the situation and turned to face the squad.

"Kendrick, Quis, do you think you can deactivate the self-destruct before it blows?" Jaren asked.

"You aren't thinking of actually taking control of a Super Star Destroyer," someone asked incredulously. "These things have hundreds of thousands of crewers to run them."

Kendrick answered. "But all we really need to do is make a hyperspace jump and pilot her. We won't have control of the turbolasers, but we will have manuverability and shields. I destroyed the hyperdrive, but the backup hyperdrive should still be operational. I think we can do it."

"Ok, lets get to it," Jaren ordered and they all took off for the bridge at a run.

Ten minutes later the self-destruct was deactivated, and an hour after that, they were in hyperspace on a persuit course for Mulder and the Scully.

This should give Mulder quite a surprise, Jaren thought from his position in the Captain's chair.

4. Darth Agent Mulder

Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2000
    <<My, how the tides changes so quickly in the wrong seasons. One question-are Trika and Mara still on the Scully, or are they on the Herrnvolk?>>
    The Talons had escaped, and now three of them wanted to fight.
    Smart.
    Really smart.
    Darth Agent Mulder drew his blood red lightsaber. He engagaed the three all at once.
    He delivered harsh, quick blows to Kaiba, who couldn't help but be backed up on the defensive. Mulder never played fair. He outstretched his hand and hit her with Force-lightening. She crumpled to the ground.
    General Ski was angered by this, which pleased Mulder. His blows became a fury. They were un-controlled and wild.
    Ty-gon Jinn. He should have killed him a long time ago. "Spooky" used the Dark Side and threw him to the wall next to Kaiba.
    The blows were still coming from his left, and he engaged Kevin Ski full power. He maneuvered around him, and after a particularly angry swing, Mulder took the advantage and, knocking Ski's saber from his hand, pinned his arms behind his back. The blood red blade was held an inch from his thraot.
    "My, fearless Talon Leader. Look how the tides change," he whispered into his ear. "In war, it's a known fact that without leaders, squadrons fail for lack of organization," Mulder tightened his grip on Ski's arms as the other tried to wiggle out of it. "Getting rid of a leader kills a squadron." Mulder paused.
    "I hate Talon Squadron," Mulder hissed in his ear. He was now moving backward; the other two were starting to come to. "I've hated your group since the beginning of its existance." Ski tried again to get away, and Mulder touched his lightsaber slightly at his throat, just to show how serious he was. Ski gasped in pain.
    Mulder spun him around and let go. Ski was being cautious, and was curious as to what Mulder was doing.
    The Dark Lord of the Sith powered down his lightsaber, hooking it back on his belt. He took both of his hands and raised the hooded robe off of his head, showing the face that had never been seen. His slightly alien face.
    The hairless skull was not a palish skin color, but rather with a bluish tint. His red eyes bore into Ski's soul, making his skin crawl. The rest was very human.
    "Why are you doing this?" Ski asked, totally puzzled.
    "In my book, it's always, 'polite', shall we say-? to see the face that's going to kill you." With that, Mulder jumped the small barrier that stood between the bridge and the room the three were in, activating another shield and locking them in.
    "Goodbye, General Ski," he pulled his hood back on.

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    <<Where am I?>>

6. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    <<McClain, you are with the rest of the squad, deactivating the shield and bomb.>>

[This message has been edited by Talon Squad Leader (edited 03-30-2000).]

7. Alpha21

Alpha21 Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2000
    <<Where are Callisto and Kahn? Since I have no clue, I'll make Callisto and Kahn resque Emkay, who is held on Viton 2.>>

The Ospreylanded on Viton 2 and Lieutenant Callisto and Commander Kahn stepped out. Callisto had taken a weekend leave, and Kahn wasn't in the squad offically for another two days. Both of their lightsabers ignited, and they were ready to find Cobra Dix's droid, MK-22. They walked into the only building and found Emkay.

"Hello, Lieutenant, Commander," Emkay said. "Thank you for resquing me!"
    "Any time, Emaky," Kahn said.

They walked back to the Ospreyand jumped into hyperspace.

"Emaky, where is the Sabra, Callisto asked.
    "It was destroyed when Mulder took over The Nest," Emkay said.

Cobra was gunna be p****d!
    <<I know its sorta lame, but I gotta add somthing!>>

[This message has been edited by Alpha21 (edited 03-30-2000).]

8. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    Kaiba struggled to move. Ty-Gon lay next to her, in pain, as she was. Kevin stood, his neck bleeding from the Sith sabre that had struck him. She opened her eyes wide, and slowly arose. She walked, with much difficulty, over to her husband.

" What will we do?" she said mentaly through the Force.

" I don't know." he replied and put his head down. Ty-Gon limped over and put an hand on each of their shoulders.

" You Rebels have no hope time!" 'Spooky' cackled. Kaiba could see no hope, either. Atleast as far as a plan for escape. If the three Jedi trusted the Force, there was always hope...

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Netha doesn't feel the same, Cobra Dix thought. It feels like he's using the Dark Side or maybe its not him!

Cobra could think this out once they got the bomb defused. He feels like a HRD!, Cobra thought.

Netha secrativley smiled. The real Netha DIx had died hunting Talon Karrade, 5 years ago. That had been when he had been created. A HRD with flesh legs. He fingered his acid 'saber, and brought it up to meet Cobra. Must kill Cobra, the HRD thought.
    CObra's saber cut the HRD in half after "Netha's" firts swing.

Q asked, "Is he...?"
    "Yes," Cobra said. "Netha is dead. Well actually both of them-the real one and this one, a HRD. Time to defuse the bomb."

My brother would never swing his lightsaber at me. I also heard wires break when I cut him. The HRD is dead

<<Sorry-I sorta felt bad about controling 2 spots and Netha had very little impact on the squad. It also makes a good twist in the plot!>>

10. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Aboard the Imperial SSD Herrenvolk, Trika was sitting and helping to pilot the Destroyer. For the presnt moment, they were in hyperspace and she could rest.
    Trika traced a finger down the long scar that had started to form across her eyelids and face, a grim reminder of what Mulder had done not only to her and her squadmates, but also what he might be doing to the three that were with him now.
    All the more reason to get there as fast as she could.
    "Jaren?" she turned to the Captain's chair. "What's our position?"
    "Three-oh-five, mark seven. Let's bring this beast out of hyperspace."
    Trika nodded, starting the countdown. Jaren pulled the lever, and the starlines turned to stars. There lay the Scully.
    Trika shivered. Hadn't I just gotten out of there?
    It took both of them to move the large ship toward the Destroyer.
    Trika jumped out of her seat. "Time to go have some fun. Let's go!"

11. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    They're coming, Kaiba sensed. She could tell the others did, too, butt didn't dare say it in any way, in case Lord Mulder was probing her thoughts. She only faintly smiled.

Trust the Force- And, trust your friends.

12. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    As the Super Star Destroyer Herrenvolk entered hyperspace, Jaren gathered the squad on the bridge.

"Ok, everybody," he said, looking at each of them in turn. "We need to surprise Mulder if we are going to have a hope of getting our squadmates back. To that end, we need to get creative and throw everything we have at the enemy. So here's what we are going to do."

The Herrenvolk dropped out of hyperspace directly aft of the Skully and began persuing the other ship at maximum speed. During their time in hyperspace the Talons had been busy recruiting maintinance and repair droids and doing some 'special' modifications to the ship.

On the bridge Trika jumped out of her seat and moved over to the gunnery station. "Time to go have some fun. Let's go!" she exclaimed.

Jaren stood from the captain's chair and made way for Telia. "Ready for the performance of your life?" he asked with a smile. She simply smiled in reply and took her seat in the captain's chair.

Jaren thumbed on his comlink. "Ken, what's the status of the TIEs?"

Kendrick's voice came over the tiny speaker. "We only managed to get two squadrons worth, but the course is locked in and we're ready to rock. I've programmed the TIEs to launch from their bays and fly on a collision course for the Scully."

"Good, stand by," Jaren signed off and turned to Quis, who was standing with Stone and Trika at one of the turbolaser control stations. "What is your status, Quis?"

Quis looked up from her work and smiled thinly. "I can give you bow turbolasers for about thirty seconds; after that it's only a matter of time before the modifications short out. SSD turbolasers weren't designed to do this you know."

Jaren nodded. "We'll have to make every shot count then. Good work." He turned to Telia. "Show time."

Telia hit the switch on the side of her command chair that would activate the holocomm. "Yes Admiral Ackbar," she said facing off-camera for a moment as if she were taking orders from someone who didn't exist and then faced the camera again. "Attention Super Star Destroyer Scully," she said in her most commanding voice. "This is Captain Telia Aris onboard the Super Star Destroyer Herrenvolk under the command of the New Republic Navy. You are holding members of Talon squad hostage and we demand that they be released. If you do not comply we will be forced to fire upon you. You will stand down your shields and weapons and return your hostages or you will be destroyed. We will be expecting an immediate response. Aris out." She sat down and gave Jaren a small smile that spoke of hope.

If this plan works, Jaren thought, Mulder will think we are a fully crewed and operational SSD, instead of one crewed by fifteen tired, bleeding commandos."

[This message has been edited by Idiots Array (edited 03-30-2000).]

13. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    Darth Agent Mulder laughed.
    Really hard.
    "Syynof?"
    The Commander snapped to attention. "Yes, my Lord?"
    "What 'immediate' response should we send to our New Republic friends, Scyynof?"
    The Commander looked puzzled. "I don't know, sir. I thought you were the one to make that decision, my Lord."
    Mulder chuckled. "Get a sense of humor, Scyynof."
    "Yes, sir," he replied, thoroughly confused now.
    "Tell the New Republic ship Herrenvolk that if they don't move along like the nice little warriors they think they are, their fellow commrades will be killed with a swift swipe of my hand."
    "It's as good as done, sir," Scyynof alerted him to the status of the transmission.
    "Can we send a private message, Commander?"
    "Yes, sir, but to whom?"
    Mulder smiled. "Send a message to Trika Kenobi and Mara Jade. Tell them that I look forward to meeting with them again. Real soon."

14. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    <<Hmm... you Rebels are too much fun. Very clever... however, I feel the need to twist things a little. No serious troubles yet... I'm feeling generous.>>

Carre and Reyanna had been halfway to one of the SSD's hangar bays when the self-destruct alarms deactivated.

"What...?" Carre stared, uncomprehending. Then she realized what had happened. "The Rebels!"

Reyanna narrowed her eyes. "You're kidding... there's how many of them, fifteen?"

"Something like that," replied Carre grimly. "We'd better hurry up and get off this ship before we find ourselves taking an unplanned sidetrip..."

The words died on her lips, replaced by a smile. Reyanna eyed her suspiciously. "What is it this time?"

Carre was silent a moment. Then she said softly, "Perhaps such a sidetrip would be in our best interests..."

[This message has been edited by Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand (edited 03-30-2000).]

15. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Ty-gon, who was all but hanging off of the Skis, looked up to see Mulder laughing at Syynoff.
    He knew what Mulder was laughing at. With one move, he used the Force to do the only thing he could think of- He tripped Mulder.
    Mulder fell on the computer. He got back up, and came back at the three Jedi.

Obi-wan Jinn sat in the copilot seat, and leaned over to Kendrick.
    "Look, their computer says they turned off their shields and opened a landing bay for one of our detachments."
    "Quis, get a shuttle ready. We're boarding the Scully."

16. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    What in the name of the ancient Sith is this? I trip on a computer? Very funny, Ty-gon. I guess they all have to get away somehow, right?

17. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Sorry, Mulder. I was desperate to help the story.

18. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    <<Clumsiness seems to be Talon Squad's savior these days... first Mara, then Mulder himself! You COULD have waited for Mara to hack into the ship's computer... but hey, this way works, too...>>

Mara Jade raised one eyebrow at her comrades. "Uh... call me overcautious, but does anyone else think it would be a good idea to have some sort of plan going into this thing? I mean, there's fifteen of us, and a whole lot of them... and blind luck's a really fickle ally."

She realized suddenly that everyone had turned to look at her. Mara blushed slightly but stood as straight and tall as she could... which wasn't saying much, since she barely topped five feet.

"So... what's the plan?" she asked.

From the shadows in which she hid aboard the Herrenvolk, Sondara Carre listened in on the Rebel's conversation.

Slowly, silently, she nodded, her lips curling upward into a smile.

<<Someone else please outline the plan for Mara... and the eavesdropping Carre.>>

19. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    <<Hmmm...what to do, what to do... >>

Jaren's heart fell as the shields on the Scully came back up. Back to the drawing board. "I wonder if this ship has any TIE landing craft; they have cutting arms that allow a landing crew to cut through the outer hull of a vessle without releasing pressure. What we would do, however, is cut through the hull in the section the General is being kept in, but allow some of the atmosphere to escape. That will close the pressure doors around that section so we won't be attacked by stormtroopers.

"We'll also need some of the ysalamiri so Mulder won't be able to detect us as easily.

"At the same time, we'll launch all the TIEs as a distraction in the hope that they will delay Mulder and cover our entrance.

"Any quesions?" Jaren asked.

<<Are Mara and Carre satisfied? >>

20. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    <<Yes, both of my personalities are satisified... gosh, good thing there's no psychiatrists reading this, or they'd be seriously worried by that statement... >>

21. LeiaB

LeiaB Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 1999
    <yes, please! Reyanna would like to know the plan as well - come on Talons!>

Reyanna and Carre were hidden well in the dark shadows of the Herrenvolk. The Rebels had no sense that they were on board. It seemed that her Lord Mulder was not being fooled by their foolish games...how naive these Rebels were turning out to be.

"We must find a way to notify Lord Mulder that we are on board" Reyanna told Carre, "I wouldn't be too happy if he decides to attack this vessel."

The two ladies continued to listen to the Rebels as they discussed their plans.

<introduction of new character>

Back at Talon Base...there was an erie quiet.
    CiCi Draven was worried about her fellow squad members, even though she had never meet a single one of them.

CiCi had been in training for the last two months....her teacher, Master Win, had been very impressed with her combat skills and let her leave the class early to report to active status. Her place as Talon 18, weapons expert, had recently come open...it seemed the previous occupant had been a traitor and was really a dark agent for the Sith Lord, Mulder.

CiCi did not let this bother her. She would work hard to earn the respect of the squadron. She was young, but confident. She may not look like a rebel soldier, tall and thin, she looked a little wild. She keep her long blond hair dyed pink on the ends, and her clothes were always just a little to bright, but she couldn't help it - her outgoing personality always found a way to shine through.

CiCi wished she could be there fighting besides her new squad mates, but since her destiny had kept her at the base, she concentrated on cleaning her blaster and her other weapons.

She was anxious for the Talons and the General to return.

<ok then, now carry on with the battle.

22. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    "Uh, guys, I hate to ruin the fun of planning, but there's a transmission coming through."
    Jaren, who seemed to have control of the situation, ran over to the computer.
    "Mulder says unless we stay here, they die," Trika informed the squadron. "What do we say to that?"
    "Wait, there's something else," Jaren said.
    Trika punched in a few commands to override what the SSD was doing to the transmission. "It's for Mara...and me," she trailed off, reading the message and pushing herself away from the command console.
    Mara walked over and touched Trika's shoulder. "Why can't he just leave us alone?" Trika whispered to herself.
    "No one knows. But right now you can't let that get in the way of what we have to do."
    Trika nodded, knowing Mara was right.
    "So," Trika said, turning around to her fellow Talons. "Shall we dance?"

23. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    "Unless they stay there, we die?" Ty-gon Jinn asked Mulder. "Now who's being cliche?"
    Mulder walked over to the trio of wounded Talons.
    "You have to remember, that was not an idle threat. I'm ready to kill you at any time."
    Jinn glared at him.
    Mulder sneered, and turned back to Syynoff. "Any contact with Herrenvolk?"
    "Not yet, Lord Mulder."
    Jinn looked at the Skis, who were about to pass out from loss of blood.
    He closed his eyes, and began to divert the Force that was flowing through him.
    As his condition stayed the same, a Force healing was beginning on General Kevin and Kaiba.

Obi-wan Jinn spoke up. "I say we dance."
    Several Talons cheered.
    Kendrick took over again. "Okay, we're going to need a plan- I say we go with the one I mentioned earlier."
    "I thought it was an excellent plan," Quis piped up.
    "Okay," Bullwinkle said. "Let's get to the hangar, and may the Force be with us."

Ty-gon smiled as he watched the Skis' wounds heal before his eyes. Blood stopped squirting. Cuts in the skin grew back together. Their breathing became less and less labored. Finally, they began to get up. He watched, each second feeling more and more tired. But these two were the leaders of the squad. He would put up with staying on the Scully, and possibly remaining with Mulder until the squad could intercede again.
    The Skis' lightsabers flew back into their hands.
    Jinn felt the Force coming back to him, and he could feel a burst of energy.
    He dragged himself across the floor to a turbolift elevator.

The other squad members loaded into TIE fighters. They outfitted them with a few tools to cut through the hull. They then launched a few hundred more. They followed.
    Obi-wan looked around from the pilot's seat. This was unbelievable. He was going to save his brother and the General, or die trying. He repeated into the commlink, "May the Force be with us."
    On the Herrenvolk's bridge, Carre picked up the commlink to Mulder. "They decided to dance, sir."

The turbolift stopped at the hangar, where Ty-gon dragged himself to a ship. He finally collapsed into a pilot seat. Here, he could heal, here he could help the squad. He began to operate the controls with the Force. He closed the door, and launched.
    He exited the hangar, and found himself in one TIE Interceptor in a sea of at least 1000 regular TIE Fighters. Some were empty, some had Talons.
    Suddenly, a burst of TIE bomber came flying from the Scully- Mulder's response to the invitation to dance.
    This was getting complicated.

24. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Kevin had the bacta patch attached to his neck. It had stopped bleeding, but his wound didn't feel any better. He plopped down in Mulder's former command chair and was surprised to feel a slight discomfort in his back. He stood up carefully and pulled out one very special commlink. Mulder was gone; that was good thing. He motioned to the squad present.

"Talons, find a transport. I have an idea. Let's blow this party."

Mara spoke up. "We are trapped in here. Mulder activated some kind of magentic shielding."

"Ahh, but there is one thing he forgot."

"What is that?" The Talons all crouded around the General.

"He forgot the ventilation shafts."

All of the Talons nodded silently. Mulder evidentily wanted Kevin and his squad alive. That meant the shaft was unshielded to allow air to pass through. The Talons' intrusion and stealth skills were exceptional, even if they were all Jedi. They could do it.

They moved silently along the shafts and then the halls. Mara led the way at point with Kaiba and Kevin in the rear. Kaiba helped Kevin move. He was weak and could barely breath. Ty-gonn had gone to the hangar. He had not reported back but Kevin had hoped for the best.

The arrived at the hangar without an incident. Kevin suspected that Mulder would be stalking the halls, looking for the missing Talons. They ran up to Stormtrooper transport and boarded it. It took off with ease. Mara was at the controls, and it seemed they were in the clear.

And then it happend. The blairing siren similar to an air raid alert. Mulder knew they were gone. Kevin sat down in the forward navigator's position and took out his commlink. He turned it over and thumbed the reciever. He pressed the emergency button and almost immediately a fleet of Republic fighters and several Mon Calamari cruisers came out of hyperspace.

He thumbed the receiver again. This time, a message would be sent out to the fleet identifing the ship as a friendly.

Kevin smiled and took the deepest breath he could. Mara looked up to him and then stared out the viewport in disbelief.

"What did you do, sir?"

"Nothing really. I just called the fleet."

"What fleet?"

"Well, we were originally meant to join up with a fleet and go on a new intel mission. They just followed the homing beacon and waited for my signal to attack." Just as the General had said this, the fleet had moved to intercept the Scully. Explosions rocked the ship, and the hull ripped apart. Kevin was sure that Mulder was finally dead. He smiled.

---------
    <<Two hours later>>

On board the Corellian Brandy, a Republic Strike Cruiser, General Kevin Ski and his squad met with Fleet Admiral Secrof Kard. The tiny admiral was shining broadly. The fleet had suffered minimal losses. The only casualties were a few cocky fighter and bomber jocks. That was great considering that was the fleet's first major furball.

Talon Squad had all gathered around the briefing room table and listened to the Admiral's report. Talon Squad had been recovered from their TIE's and from the transport. Several had some kills. Kevin has awarded some for their bravery. The mission was successful. The Black Fire Mercenaries were no more. The General and Admiral dismissed the squad. The Talons moved to their temporary rooms.

Admiral Secrof Kard motioned for Kevin to walk along side of him. Kevin did so, his neck aching as we walked with military precision.

"General, we have some unexpected news."

Kevin smiled. "What now, Admiral? Did some more of your missing fighters turn up?"

"No. This is far worse, I'm afraid. The Scully was completely destroyed, but I'm sorry to say that one hyperspace capable message cannister escaped."

Kevin stared in total disbelief. Kaiba ran up to him but he motioned her back. Her happy mood immediately turned glum. He struggled to keep composure and managed to say, "How large was the cannister?"

"Barely large enough to contain a sinble life-form. Unfortunately, our scouts didn't have enought time to scan the canister."

Kevin didn't reply to this. He simply turned awa

25. LeiaB

LeiaB Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 1999
    Reyanna piloted the small transport ship away from the fallen Scully. A bright flash lit up the the cockpit momentarily and then was gone. Carre sat beside her, staring at the massive ship, as the hull cracked in two and fell downward into deep black space.

"Perhaps the Talons were not as weak as I had tought." Carre said bluntly.

"I do admire their will to survive. However, we were a little outnumbered my friend. Mulder should have cut through the General when he had the chance. I want to be rid of these Rebels once and for all."

Reyanna thought briefly about her Lord, Mulder...Was he able to somehow get off the Scully before it was destroyed? Not likely, but it would not be the first time the Sith Lord suprised her. He was extremely powerful.

"Reyanna, set a course for the edge of the Unknown Regions, right near the Outer Rim. I have a few friends there who will be quite pleased to see us." Carre stated.

"Friends?"

"Yes, my new comrade...the Dark Star Squadron. MY Squadron." Carre said proudly.

The transport lingered only a moment more before it streaked into hyperspace.

Back at Talon Base, the remaining active Talons had been sent for by Gereral Ski. CiCi now sat on a shuttle headed for the Republic Cruiser, Corellian Brandy.
    There she would meet up with the Talon Squad members she had heard so much about over the last 2 months.

She had not slept in over 24 hours, trying to get all the weapons and gear loaded for the next mission.
    She tied her long hair up and layed back in the tiny seat as best she could. She knew when she awoke, it would be in a whole new world.

[This message has been edited by LeiaB (edited 04-01-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.