main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talon Squad- Chapter 5 Is there any hope for us now?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Dec 20, 1998.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laguna

Laguna Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2000
    Quis Heartilly, exhausted, sat in the corner as the other Talons made plans and discussed strategies. She closed her eyes, trying to recall what was going on.

Nothing came.

Simply a dim visual and emotional blur that quickly gave her a headache.

What's happeneing to me?

She couldn't recall a thing, and the her head became lighter and her thoughts more vague. Quis fought hard against the spinning sensation in her head, trying to stop it from engulfing her.

It's stress. Just keep yourself together.

The dizziness faded and Quis opened her eyes again. Her vision slowly cleared. Her memories, however, did not. She still didn't recall what had happened to them. She remembered concerned faces, something about a rescue, and being worried for someone's - her? - safety.

At least it appeared they were mostly intact at the moment. Quis could be thankful for that. These days it was becoming more a blessing after each mission that any of them survived.

Quis sighed. It was mental exhaustion, she decided, that was messing with her head. She just needed a little rest.

You can't keep doing this. Becoming some emotional wreck all the time. You're in the military girl, you need...

Quis was fast asleep in the corner, a mop of black hair fallen acros her face when Kendrick Quinn approached to rouse her.

She'd not even managed to finish lecturing herself.

[This message has been edited by Laguna (edited 04-01-2000).]

2. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    I hope I can do this- I'm going for a Talon Squad record and writing for three!

Carre and Reyanna came out of hyperspace to find the Dark Star, the flagship of Carre's Dark Star Squadron. It was of original design of the Dark Stars, and now, the small ship Carre and Reyanna escaped in came into the Landing Bay.
    One crewman from the Dark Star approached this new ship, aware of who was inside.
    "My Lady Carre," he greeted her as she stepped out.
    Reyanna followed.
    "Who is this?" the man asked.
    "This is Reyanna, she's a friend of mine. Take her to quarters, give her a room."
    "Yes, my Lady. Oh, and you have a visitor. A Jo'nar Medeis is waiting for you in the conference room."
    Carre walked to the conference room, and opened the door. There sat a man. He was incredibly tall, with black hair and peircing blue eyes. "Sondara, so nice to meet you in person."
    "Jo'nar?"
    "Call me Darth Greywolfe."
    Carre was taken aback by this. "Darth? I was under the impression that Mulder was the only Sith left."
    Greywolfe paused for a second. "It's a complicated story. Mulder was trained by Darth Assistant Director Walter Skinner. Skinner's master felt he was getting too powerful, and trained a second apprentice to kill Skinner once he had released Mulder. He succeeded, by the way. That apprentice later became my master."
    "Oh really?"
    "Yes, and that's why Mulder is unaware of me."
    Carre stared at him. "This is very nice. Talon Squad has something coming now."
    "No kidding," Greywolfe said. "Look here."
    He opened a holocube, and Carre watched a recording of the Talons getting ready to go after their kidnapped squadmates. "I have cameras everywhere. That isn't my strength, but," he cleared his throat, "I like to be thorough, to know my enemy's every move."
    "I would love to have you on my side," Carre said.
    "O, my lady Carre, the pleasure is all mine. Here, I would like to present you with a gift." He pulled out a box. "I know you're fond of these."
    She opened the box to find lacquered zenji needles.
    "The finest money can buy."

3. Darth Agent Mulder

Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2000
    <<Sorry to be so long, but I have to establish my new self.>>
    The flight of the canister. The graceful flight.
    Now, plunging to an untimely death on the planet Anasazi in the Paper Hearts system.
    Fox Mulder stepped out of his house. It was late in the evening, and he was about to go inside when a crumpled ball of fire crashed to the ground. Mulder decided to go check it out.
    "What is it Fox?"
    "Nothing, Samantha," he yelled back to his sister, now running to the container.
    It was a canister.
    Mulder opened it up, and immediately, a holo sprung on.
    His identical twin brother.
    Mulder backed up a step to watch as he brother spoke.
    "My brother, I have some disturbing news to report to you. The Sith order is being attacked by New Republic fleets, and I fear the worst. Certain death for myself is inevitable, but the Sith order shall not die out.
    Your time has come, my brother." There was a rumbling, crashing sound in the background of where Darth Agent Mulder was. "Contact the Lady Carre and Reyanna of Dark Star. You will fall into things very quickly with the information contained in this canister. People to kill, planets to conquer. Remember what I have taught you, Fox. May the Dark Side always prevail."
    The message ended with the Sith Lord cursing at the group of rebels called Talon Squadron. Then the message self-destructed.
    Fox Mulder stepped back. His brother, dead. He had talked about the possibilities, but never thought the day would come true.
    Mulder snatched the conister and ran back to his house, grabbing a few things and saying goodbye to Samantha. He had a job to do.
    After following more of the directions in the files, Mulder went to seek out this Lady Carre and Reyanna of Dark Star Squadron, or group, or whatever.
    Mulder checked himself out in the mirror. Hairless skull, blueish skin, red eyes. Did he look like a Sith Lord? His brother had taught him everything. And now, with all of his brother's thoughts recorded and written in ink on the files in the container, he knew everything he was supposed to know. He was a living duplicate.
    He arrived, getting a landing permit on the Dark Star. After someone had hesitated in giving it to him, Mulder flexed his first finger of authority. He simply Force-strangled the man.
    Mulder jumped out of his small transport and started his graceful walk into the conference room. He entered.
    And found Lady Carre and a friend sitting there.
    Carre immediately stood. "My Lord, Mulder. We thought you had-?"
    "Been killed?" Darth Agent Mulder finished for her. "No, of course not. Who's this?"
    He stood. "My master killed yours."
    "Not true," Mulder seemed thoughtful. A rebel and her Jedi friend did."
    "That's what you think," the other replied cooly.
    Mulder could feel the anger sprouting. "Another Sith, then?"
    The other smiled. "Yes."
    Mulder was nonrespondant for a moment, but nodded. "Two are better than one, right? Perhaps you can be a powerful ally. Should we regroup and plan our next course of attack?"

[This message has been edited by Darth Agent Mulder (edited 04-01-2000).]

4. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    "Completely agreed, Lord Mulder. Shall we meet on the bridge to discuss it?"
    "Of course. I shall see you then."
    Darth Agent "Spooky" Fox Mulder left.
    "I'm glad he could find a replacement."
    "What did you say?" Carre asked.
    "That's his brother. Watch."
    He opened another holocube, showing Mulder being torn limb from limb.
    "But he was downloaded into his identical twin. Now his persona will take over. He's becoming a clone of Mulder."

5. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    General Kevin Ski watched Admiral Secrof Kard approach. The fat man was a great tactician even if his people skills left something to be desired.

"Admiral, what kind of fighters do you have in this fleet?"

"X-wings and A-wings mainly. Though we have a few captured TIE Defenders. This is an attack fleet. We are a anti-fighter squadron task force."

"Good. Just what I needed. Admiral, I request permission to 'steal' 20 of your fighters."

"General, my fleet is your fleet. Do as you wish with it."

"Okay, then set a course for Coruscant. I need to visit my base and pick up supplies."

"And after, General, what will we do?"

Kevin Ski smiled. "We will pick up my brother, Ric Ski, and another new member for Talon Squad. Then we will set a course for the Unknown Territories. I believe that was where the intel mission was originally supposed to go?"

"Yes, I believe so."

"The fleet will go from system to system. Scouting around and checking for new worlds, etc. Make it look like a expedition."

"And you, General?"

Kevin flashed another smile as he walked from the bridge of the Corellian Brandy to meet with his wife. "I have my plans, Admiral Kard. Don't worry."

6. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    <<Basically a post to let you all know I'm alive, since nothing major is occuring at this exact moment.>>

Trika was satisfied. She had watched the destruction of the Scully, and now her mind was free from the haunting voice and fear of Darth Agent Mulder.
    Trika was fully recovered from her relatively small cuts and bruises. A few scars were left across her face, but it didn't matter anyway. It didn't matter what others thought; the squadron was her family.
    She reached inside the washer and took out the once-bloody clothes. It was her turn to do the minor cleaning jobs in the Nest, and she was feeling up to it.

7. RogueLead11

RogueLead11 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 19, 1999
    He'd found her asleep, tucked away into a corner away from everyone. There were dark shadows under her eyes; lines of stress pulled at her pretty face. Looking down at Quis' sleeping form, Kendrick scowled. Mulder was hammering them with one crisis after another. Some of the Talons were on the edge. It seemed that they could never find a moment to relax.

They hadn't gotten a chance to talk since they'd gotten back to base. They hadn't seen each other since the weddings. That seemed like years ago.

He bent down. It wasn't difficult to pick her up and carry her to back her quarters. Letting Quis down carefully onto her bed, Ken retrieved a blanket from the room's other bunk and spread it over her. She shifted slightly in her sleep, muttered something he couldn't make out, but otherwise didn't stir.

He stepped away from the bed, but on impulse turned back again. Before common sense could re-assert itself, Kendrick leaned forward and kissed Quis Heartilly lightly on the forehead.

"I'm glad you're okay," he murmured.

There was a chair and a table off to the side. He went over and took a set. Keeping an eye on Quis, Ken rested his elbows on the table's surface and put his chin in his hands.

I'll stay here for a little while, just to make sure she's all right...

But it was so quiet and peaceful... the darkness of the room was dangerous. As his eye-lids began to grow heavy, Ken thought he would rest his eyes for a minute and let them close. Sleep took the opportunity to wrap him in her comforting embrace and he was asleep in an instant, lost in a world of dreams.

8. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Mara sat on the floor of her quarters with her legs tucked neatly under her. She held her wavy light brown hair back with one hand and bit her lip gently as she studied the small crystals and electronic components arranged before her.

She was finally building her own lightsaber.

Looking at the pale violet crystals, Mara was suddenly lost in memories of the past. These translucent stones had come from a necklace that had been given to her by a kindly old man she'd befriended as a child. He'd smiled at her and told her she had a special talent, and in time she would learn to use it. Then he'd given her the necklace and told her never to lose it or show it to anyone until she understood what the crystals were for.

At the time, she'd been about nine or ten and hadn't known what he was talking about. Now, almost a decade later, she realized that these crystals had been his legacy to her, his way of insuring that she would someday be a Jedi, as he must have been.

And now, she was. Or almost was. Mara frowned. For some reason, despite her improved control over the Force, she was not entirely sure she was a full Jedi yet. Was it premature, then, to build a lightsaber?

That's silly, Mara. Just go ahead and build it...

She brushed her doubts aside and worked steadily for several straight hours. When she was finally done, she stood and held the irridescent silverish hilt in her right hand and switched it on.

It ignited with a snap-hiss, and a pale amethyst colored blade appeared. Grinning triumphantly, Mara swung it experimentally in arcs, then a figure eight. She practiced a few basic thrusts and parries against an imaginary foe. Finally, she disengaged the saber and attached it to her belt, feeling more than a little proud of herself.

She decided to go for a little walk. Despite the fact that there was no possible way she would run into danger, she took along her new lightsaber. She figured she'd earned the right to show it off a little...

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    "What?" Cobra asked. "The Sabra has been destroyed?"
    "Yes, Master, it has," Emkay said.
    "Quit callin' me master before i cut you in half, like I did to the HRD of Netha. Call me Captain or Cobra," Cobra said.
    "Yes, Captain," MK-22 said.

"Lieutenant, Commander," the assistant XO said. "Want to thank you for resquing Emkay. I think I'm getting over the loss of the Sabra. Thank you again." Cobra Dix said.
    "Well, sir" Callisto said. "You would do the same for any of us."
    "That is true," Kahn said.

10. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    Kaiba settled down on the couch in the lounge. She took a pillow and rested her head on it. Her dark brown eyes closed gently and she drifted off to sleep.

A calming river flowed through a valley. Flowers of every color decorated the bright green grass. She sat down in it and looked up into the blue sky.

Then the sky darkened. Rain clouds formed. Bolts of bright lightning struck, while thunder boomed overhead. Kaiba got up and ran; but her legs felt like they would collapse any moment. She wobbled on through a forest, then came to an opening.

Sinister voices echoed.

"Sssssss!" came the loud echo of a snake. But there was nothing around her. Haze and mist covered the room she was in. The forest was no more. She turned around, and felt sick suddenly. A figure emerged from the shadows.

Mara?

Kaiba walked over to Mara and touched her shoulder.

" Mara! Do you know where we-" she stopped. Mara vanished right there. She turned again.

Kevin!

The same thing happened. He vanished as she reached for his hand. Another figure appeared. But, this one, was dark and shadowy.

"Jedi," She heard it hiss.

"You belong here, Jedi," A whisper called to her. The black figure stood tall, then removed it's black hood.

Lord Mulder! But, he's dead!

He spoke, but not in a whisper, a loud boom came from his voice.

"Join me!" it said- then, he vanished.

She looked around the room for a minute and shivered.

Join him?

She looked over her shoulder again, to see-

Father? Yes, her father, who had died years ago, stood, Rebel Uniform on. Then he, like her friends, vanished.

She heard a cackle. The Dark Lord laughed and laughed.

" You will join me, young Jedi!"

The cackleing stopped. The room went black.

Kaiba awoke shivering in her husbands arms.

" Are you alright?" he asked, a worried tone in his voice.

She was so devistated, that all she could do was sob.

11. Darth Agent Mulder

Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2000
    Darth Agent Mulder seemed to be possessed, and in actually, he was.
    Mulder's brother served no other purpose than another body for Darth Agent Mulder to fill. Same spirit, different body.
    Ok, take that back. A more evil spirit, different body.
    Darth Agent Mulder was on the bridge of theDark Star. Anger filled every inch of his being.
    How could he have failed? It mattered not now, he thought, considering what to do.
    The one named Darth Greywolfe had joined him on the bridge.
    "Talon Squadron," Mulder rolled the word on his tongue, digesting it and finally becoming disgusted with it.
    "What do you plan to do about them?" Greywolfe asked.
    Mulder sighed. "I made a promise."
    Greywolfe looked confused. "What was that?"
    "I swore to kill all of the Jedi in Talon Squadron, Greywolfe. I intend to do so."
    "My stormtroopers are at your disposal. The brotherhood of the Sith shall rise and rule again."
    Mulder nodded, knowing this to be true. "I have something in mind, but maybe we can talk over dinner on the Anasazi."
    "I'd be honored to, Mulder."
    Mulder turned, smiling as Reyanna and Carre strode up towards the bridge.
    "Come, ladies, we have some planning to do."

12. Nomi Jade

Jan 2, 2000
    Het, whatever happened to Milan-Kenobi and Ruby Jade? confused.gif

13. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    <<I don't know. If anybody sees them, tell them to report here. I would like to know that everybody on the roster is still in sync with the story before we go on. Also, if the the people who are MIA don't report soon, I am afraid I will have to take this to next level. Whatever that means, I don't know. >>

14. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Kevin sent the message to Admiral Kard. He hoped that it would delay the fleet admiral a few days in his decision to stay around Coruscant or move on to the mission. Kevin's squad needed the practice. If his premonition was right, a new enemy would pop up at anytime.

H-9 walked into his office. Kevin looked up from his datapad. "What is it, H-9?"

"They are here, General. The new equipment you requested. In the hangar, sir."

"Assemble the squad then. We must begin at once."

----------

Kevin looked upon his squad. He liked what he saw. Moral was high and the officers messed around until he had walked in front. All stood at attention now. He had given promotions to two of them, and most seemed to pleased by this. He suspected that this gave them a hope for their own rise in the ranks.

"Talons, I have assembled you here for a special cause. Today we begin more training." Kevin paused as a groan passed through the rows and smiled. Sergeant Bullwinkle gave them a verbal threat. He would make the next person who complained do kitchen duty.

"As I said, new traing will commence right now. I have just recieved word that some new vehicles had arrived. We implement the use of these new vehicles in our next mission. We will take them along with our two transports and respective fighters. The new vehicles are some old-model T-47 'snowspeeders'. We have a total of five of these refurbished flying death traps. Nine lucky members will be chosen at random today to go train as pilots and gunners." Talon 2, "Cobra" Dix ran up to Captain Kendrick Quinn and Sergeant Bullwinkle. He whispered to both, and both nodded to Dix and then to Kevin.

"Captain Quinn and Sergeant Bullwinkle have just recieved word that the training course is up and ready. Talons, prepare to launch in ten minutes. Lieutenant Callisto will post the 'winners' of the drawing on my officer door in two minutes. Dismissed."

All of the squad members scrambled and started to hound the rookie Callisto for answers about who was chosen. All Kevin could hear over the din was Callisto saying, "I am not allowed to say at this time who had been chosen. Repeat,-" as if he was yelling into one of his specially modified comm sets.

15. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Two minutes later, the squad was gathered around General Ski's door, looking at Callisto's sheet. Only a select few could see it.
    Ty-gon Jinn happily waded out of the crowd to where his brother Obi-wan was. "No, I wasn't picked."
    "Good for you," his brother said, having been picked to pilot a flying death trap.
    "Please excuse me," Ty-gon said. He walked through the doorway that everyone was trying to see, forcing the crowd aside.
    "General Ski?"
    "Major Jinn! What's up?"
    "Sir, I've felt another disturbance in the Force."
    "So have I," his superior replied. "Like a new enemy could pop up at any moment."
    "I've actually felt the resurfacing of Mulder- and a new Sith Lord."
    Ski sat down, then looked up. "That doesn't surprise me at all," he said. "For the moment, we'll concentrate on the course. I see you weren't chosen."
    "No sir. I hate to ask, but what are the remaining ten of us going to do?"

Darth Greywolfe sat on the bridge of the Anasazi. It was time to show Mulder and Carre just what power was at his disposal. He tapped a commlink. "Bring the fleet out of hyperspace, Admiral."
    In one instant, 15 Imperial Star Destroyers, 5 Victory Star Destroyers, and 5 Super Star Destroyers came out of hyperspace, flanked by thousands TIEs of all types, hundreds of Imperial shuttles, and several dozen rebuilt Trade Federation Droid Fighters. "I insist we continue this on my flagship, the Coyote."
    Once they had deboarded the shuttle, they entered Greywolfe's quarters on the Coyote.
    "Why exactly are you out to destroy Talon Squad?" Mulder asked.
    "For the same reason as you, Lord Mulder. They've crossed me in the past, and they're the first to go to reestablish the Empire."
    "What are those?" Sondara asked, pointing to a collection Greywolfe had on a shelf.
    Greywolfe looked up, and said, "These I've collected. They're lightsabers. I've made several models, taken even more. These two here are my most precious, that's why I carry them with me.
    This one I found floating in the Endor system, protected from the explosion of the second Death Star by the robotic hand still clutching it."
    "Darth Vader's..." Reyanna mused in wonder.
    "And this, this I found in the Imperial Palace. It's circuits were frayed, like it had been cleaved in two. It was obviously used by a Sith Lord whose Master recovered it and fixed it."
    He activated it- it was Darth Maul's double-bladed saber.

16. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    "Impressive," commented Carre. Suprisingly, she was not being sarcastic; she found Darth Greywolfe's collection intriguing. So far, this man seemed to quite an arsenal, and good taste in weapons besides. The zenji needles he'd presented her with were of the finest quality.

She studied her new allies silently, evaluating, weighing her first impressions with what she knew of them now. She knew better than to really trust any of them, even Reyanna. She was not foolish enough to trust them; she hoped that none of them were foolish enough to trust her.

To trust another was to invite them to stab you in the back.

Her lips curled downward for once as she watched this new Darth Agent Mulder. She didn't know how the Sith Lord had managed to reincarnate himself, and quite frankly she didn't care. But if he thought he was just going to waltz in and take charge of her little empire, he had another think coming.

This was Carre's game now, and people who broke the rules suffered the consequences.

He'd choked one of her best young officers, Lieutenant Coulter, simply because the man had hesitated in giving him clearance to land. There had better not be any repeats of that episode, or a certain Sith Lord was going to get a zenji needle through the heart.

Still, she would not assert her authority unless it was strictly necessary. Let him think he was in control for now. But in the end, her people would take orders from one voice: hers.

And killing two dozen systems' worth of warriors and starships was a task difficult for even a Sith Lord.

No, there would be no mistake as to who was in charge this time.

17. LeiaB

LeiaB Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 1999
    Reyanna picked up Darth Vaders lightsaber and held it in her hand. She was suprised at how simple it was...but then, that was a long time ago.
    Her thoughts drifted back to Lord Mulder...she wasn't suprised at all to see him walk onboard the Coyote just an hour ago. In fact, she felt a touch of anger at his timely return.

Mulder walked up and put his hand on Reyannas wrist as she studied the lightsaber,
    "You thoughts are far away Reyanna...do I need to remind you to keep you concentration on the mission at hand? I wonder if your intentions are clear young Reyanna?"

"They are clear...My Lord. I am at your service, of course." Reyanna sat the weapon back down with the collection. She walked over to where Carre was looking out the viewport at the fleet of ships that was now at their disposal.

"I don't see any reason why victory will not be ours this time Carre. With your permission, I wish to take command of a group of your combat officers and personally thank Ty-Gon Jinn for this" Reyanna pointed to a long cut starting to heal on the inside of her arm...which resulted in their combat on the Herrenvolk.

and having a group of trained combat officers at her diposal would come in handy around her new comrads as well. She was not planning on walking away this time under the control of anyone but herself, including Mulder.

CiCi walked out of the briefing room on Talon Base, she had not been picked to be trained on the speeder bikes, and was already on her way to weapons storage to oversee the distribution on the upcoming mission.

Comming around the corner of the corridor, she literally ran into an old friend.

"Mara, is that you?" CiCi exclaimed. "I had no idea you were here!"

"CiCi Draven?...How are you - it's been a while" Mara smiled and shook the hand of her ex-squadron member from a few years back. "You must be the new squad member the General mentioned...welcome to the team."

"I'd like you to meet Obi-Wan Jinn"
    CiCi took the handsome mans outstretched hand and smiled.
    "CiCi and I did a lot of damage together a few years back in Sector V Squadron...we have some catching up to do."

CiCi nodded, she noticed the irredecent lightsaber hanging from her waist, "yes, we definately do!"
    Things were going to work out for her here at Talon Squaron...she could feel it.

[This message has been edited by LeiaB (edited 04-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by LeiaB (edited 04-02-2000).]

18. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Hope anyone doesn't mind my barging in....

-----------------------------
    The Deep Galactic Core

It had taken many months, but finally, it was done. His Empire was consolidated. He had suceeded in slaughtering the icons of the Rebellion and did a fair job of thrashing his archnemesis, the Force.net Squadron*. But even as far away as Byss, his new throneworld, the smallest events going on around the galaxy did not escape his notice. Darth Agent Mulder, a Sithlord that had not pledged any allegiance to his Sith Council and hisEmpire, was running around freely, creating his own little empire and otherwise being a nuisance.
    He had to be reeled in and shown the Chain of Command of the New Sith Empire.

And there was also the fact that many of the tf.n Squadron had survived the massacre at Coruscant, and joined another little cliqué of fighter jockeys, slicers and unadulterated rebel scum known as Talon Intelligence Squadron.

Darth Invidious smiled darkly. It had been so long since he had personally spilled Rebel scum blood. And the thought of unfinished business was enough to stir his appetite for vengeance. He had to satisfy his craving, one way or another. He pushed a button on his throne's armrest. Immediately, a holoprojection of his Supreme Commander and Chief Councilor, Darth Predator, appeared before him.

Predator bowed his head and spoke to Invidious, not raising his gaze to meet his. "What is thy bidding, Emperor?"

"The Sith Council must convene at once, Lord Predator", said Invidious with an icy tone. "It seems there is some business we need to take care of, post haste."

19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Hope anyone doesn't mind my barging in....

-----------------------------
    The Deep Galactic Core

It had taken many months, but finally, it was done. His Empire was consolidated. He had suceeded in slaughtering the icons of the Rebellion and did a fair job of thrashing his archnemesis, the Force.net Squadron*. But even as far away as Byss, his new throneworld, the smallest events going on around the galaxy did not escape his notice. Darth Agent Mulder, a Sithlord that had not pledged any allegiance to his Sith Council and hisEmpire, was running around freely, creating his own little empire and otherwise being a nuisance.
    He had to be reeled in and shown the Chain of Command of the New Sith Empire.

And there was also the fact that many of the tf.n Squadron had survived the massacre at Coruscant, and joined another little cliqué of fighter jockeys, slicers and unadulterated rebel scum known as Talon Intelligence Squadron.

Darth Invidious smiled darkly. It had been so long since he had personally spilled Rebel scum blood. And the thought of unfinished business was enough to stir his appetite for vengeance. He had to satisfy his craving, one way or another. He pushed a button on his throne's armrest. Immediately, a holoprojection of his Supreme Commander and Chief Councilor, Darth Predator, appeared before him.

Predator bowed his head and spoke to Invidious, not raising his gaze to meet his. "What is thy bidding, Emperor?"

"The Sith Council must convene at once, Lord Predator", said Invidious with an icy tone. "It seems there is some business we need to take care of, post haste."
    ---------------------

*See the conclusion of theForce.net Squad thread

20. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Trika smiled as she looked at the list. Nope, she survived the almost fifty/fifty odds. Her name wasn't on the list.
    So, what does that mean the rest of us will do?
    She could imagine it now: "The rest of you will be assisting Bullwinkle with kitchen duty anyway!"
    She shivered visibly as she thought about it. Deciding to be sure of what to do, she ran over to General Ski and asked.

21. Nomi Jade

Jan 2, 2000
    Kaiba held a glass of water in her hand as she went to the briedfing room. The dream she had had still shook her up.

Join him?

She walked on. After Kevin had givin them all the info, she checked for her name on the list- she wasn't on it. This would give her time to practice her training as a Jedi. She needed to, anyway- for she was not completely a Jedi. She had gone away from her master, saying she would return soon. But this was no time to return, she would just practice at the base.

It will be required to, for if I feel what the dream meant is true, then...

...well, we'll just see.

This sent chills down her back. The Dark Lord cackling, and her father- she had never known her father, but had been told he had fought with the Rebel Allience as a brave soldier. She wished they would tell her more about his, but they refused to.

She put these dark thoughts in the back of her mind, and joined her husband and friends.

Still, she felt a tremor in the Force.

22. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Greywolfe smiled.
    He had no intention of imposing fear on his newfound allies- but he had succeeded in impressing them. Now he had to get along with them.
    There was an opposing Sith order- he was struggling to make sure that when the glory of the Empire was reborn, it would be reborn as it should be, not as Darth Invidious would have it. He had to have the Dark Star Squadron and everyone who survived Mulder's organization on his side.
    Mulder finally spoke. "So, what do you propose for our first attack on Talon Squad with our new allegiance?"
    "We bide our time," Greywolfe said. "Let them come looking for us. Once they have abandoned the Nest, some of us go to set the trap."
    "Brilliant," Carre mused, this time being sarcastic. He was smart, but this plan was short of brilliant, and there was a reason. "Why don't you have a plan for the trap?"
    Greywolfe knew she would ask. "My Lady, it would be your squadron- it's your descision."

Obi-wan Jinn was dumbfounded. No one had ever called him handsome before, save for his mother.
    "Nice to meet you too, Cici."
    Draven said goodbye to Mara, then went to acquaint herself with the other Talons.
    "So, Mara," Obi-wan said. "You used to know her?"
    "Yeah, we used to be friends. She a reakky nice person."
    They arrived in the hangar, only to find the nine authentic snowspeeders sitting there.
    "Ugh," Mara said. "Training tomorrow. And you know what that means."
    "Bullwinkle's training food tonight." Jinn grimaced at the thought of Bullwinkle's training dinners- pasta for carbs, canned food for developing survival skills, and nutritious what-not. Tonight would probably be spaghetti with Spam sauce and herbal tea. "I've got an idea," he said to Mara. "Let's go out to dinner tonight."
    "Sounds nice," she replied. "Pick me up at my quarters at 8:00?"
    "I'll be there."

Now both Ty-gon and Trika sat in General Ski's office, awaiting the dreaded news of what the other ten would be doing.
    Finally, Ski emerged from the hall, and turned on the computer. "I have it all worked out." He swiveled the monitor so the two could see the assignment documents.
    Both groaned.

23. Laguna

Laguna Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2000
    <<<I don't know if you all remember Axen Orlantha, senatorial aide of the twisted Senator Shinra of Tiamut. I introduced him back in Chapter 2, and he's making his comeback. Axen's boss - Shinra - is working on a secret 'project' in her home system for a mysterious committee of nameless, faceless investors. Shinra, however has her own agenda for the project, dubbed 'Project-E'.

Axen, meanwhile wears many masks - nervous aide to Shinra's dirty dealings and spy for the 'old men' of the Project-E committee. He's willing to work for whoever pays the most. Axen contacted Talon Squadron, sending falsified data in the hope of laying a complex information trail to eventually lead back to Shinra, allowing him to take control of her operations. The transmission, however was unsuccessful.

Axen plans to approach the evil Darth Mulder and inform him of the project that could ultimately swing the war in favour of Mulder and his Empire. Whether it's Shinra, Mulder, the Committee or Talon Squadron who eventually emerge victorious, Axen will be there to claim his well earned reward for his role in the shadows...

I'll have my post up tomorrow. Really tired at the moment.>>>

24. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    General Kevin Ski walked into the hangar and straight up to Captain "Cobra" Dix.

"Have you replaced all of the harpoon and tow cables with blasters on the T-47's? The pilots are ready to leave."

"Sir, it's harder than it looks. And the failure rate for such replacements is over 30%. Too high for me. I have two speeders left and I will do a quality check that will last 20 minutes."

"Fine then. Do you job. But be ready in 20 minutes. No less."

The General walked away, scowling. Cobra knew it was not the General's day. Something was up. He got back to work as soon as he could.

25. General Kevin Ski

General Kevin Ski Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2000
    Just trying out my new alias.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.