So NV Talon's RPG Update April 19-25

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    You rent a speeder from a place in town- Desert Rentals. The owners (two young brothers, early 20s) are happy to have the business, and give you their last speeder rental after you give them your ID. This was after a lot of arguing among themselves, including a little bit of pushing and name calling. You all just watched and waited until you got your speeder.

    Do you still have your fake ID? If not you give them your real ID. Unless you don't have any ID, in which case, please tell me.

    It's not much to look at, they say, but it won't break down. It is an open cockpit design. Deduct 100 credits for the first day's rent.

    You all go out there. You leave town in the late evening. The homestead is about 2 hours or so out of town, and you notice that the place looks deserted. A couple of moisture vaporators, and and the base of a small dune, a igloo like hut with pieces of a swoop bike laying next to it. There are no lights, but the hut has a door that is shut.
  2. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 17, 2002
    star 4
  3. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    Check back in 2 mintues, Darkstar...
  4. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    Darkstar,

    After you see the bolts whiz by your head, you leap forward, twisting your body around so you are flying backwards through the air with your weapons drawn. You fire at the two stomies who are standing there, aiming at you. More bolts fly at you but miss. You sqeeze off two shots, and both hit their marks. One trooper lands on his back, his gun clattering away, the other trooper falls to his knee, holding his arm which now has a scorch mark on it.

    The next few moments happen as if in slow motion. You see a bright, spherical flash of light emanate and expand outward from the cafe. It gets bigger and bigger, and then simply vanishes. In it's place is nothing. It vaporized everything within it, leaving circular cut outs of the wall, the sidewalk- everything. You are buffeted through the air by a shock wave, which sends you flying back even farther. You land hard (deduct 2 wound points), roll, and then get up. You jog back to ground zero, and look for your boss.

    As you look around, people in the area find their voices and start screaming.

    Your old boss has been incinerated, as most of him was within the thermal detonator blast. One small part survived- his right forearm, wrist and hand, which is still tightly clenched to his 'beat down stick'. the forearm ends in a neatly, cauterized stump.

    You quickly grab the hand, and realize that the bat is coming too, as his hand is somehow fused in that clenched position. You tuck the whole thing under your trenchcoat, look around nervously, and walk away, head down, scratching behind one hear, hoping not to be noticed.

    You are not noticed in the ensuing chaos, and you and your new ally 'Buster' get away clean.
  5. Protoss72000 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Dec 3, 2001
    star 3
    I purchase 3 reg tickets and one droid price ticket. Then i com kleff and tell him we have a direct flight leaving in 3 days, then i will tell kleff im going to get us a room for the couple days we will be on planet. Then i go find a place to stay for the 4 of us. Somewhere in or by the spaceport if possible.
  6. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 17, 2002
    star 4
    Yes... now me and Buster want to travel to Naboo cause I heard a rumor of a creature that they call the "Night Raith" I want to beat it down with a beat down stick. Hmm.. but first I need a ride off planet...

    Ok first things first.. I want to go to the space port and find a small ship that I could fly alone. Then I want to tell the owner that I am an inspector and I need to insepct the ship.. I got a total of 16 on Bluff for that one.... Then I want to introduce him to Buster and beat him down... Then I'll drop the body off and fly around the space port and take off in a rush. Assuming people are going to chase me I want to go toward the forest and fly through the trees to try and lose them. I rolled a 21 on pilot. Then I'll take off and fly toward Naboo... Let me know if anyone stops me on the way there.....
  7. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 1, 2000
    star 6
    I recieve the comm, and then turn back to Mukai, suppossedly still with his hand out.

    "Well, it looks like I'll have some time of my own to find what I need, so I won't be needing your help afterall, thank you."

    I turn and leave, heading for the spaceport's cantina.
  8. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    Kleff, Mukai looks at you and says "Well aren't you an industrious fellow! Good, good, do the work, reach your goals! Maybe you will do better than Mukai did in his life... But if you need help, you can come back to Mukai... they always come back to Mukai..." Mukai sort of mutters to himself as he turns from you and goes shuffling off, deep in thought.

    Kleff you go to the cantina, and walk in. It is a familiar sight, as you've been there before.



    Redd, deduct 4500 credits. Do you even have that much? If you don't, you obviously can't buy the tickets at that time. You go and scout around, luckily there seem to be an abundance of hotels near spaceports, and even in them. You can stay in the spaceport for a slightly higher rate, or at a place near the spaceport for bit less. You can get individual rooms, rooms that house 2, or even a 3 bedroom suite that could hold all of you.

    When you think of this spaceport, think of a 3-4 story complex, with several large attached landing bay areas, also 3-4 stories. There are shops, cantinas, mechanics, hotels, and so forth. Imagine the silhouette of Mickey Mouse's head, but imaging that instead of two ears, he has 6 going all around. That is what the spaceport looks like from overhead, with landing areas througout, as well as on the perimeter outside. The spaceport is one of the busier places here, as it is the nexus for people to be, even if it's just a layover. Thus, it's one of the centers for commerce and folks eager to make a credit. That's how it is on most worlds.
  9. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    Darkstar, you did all that. The guy whos ship you stole freaked out when you pulled out a forearm with the beat down stick attached. He was so freaked out, you got in a couple of shots before he could react, but then it was too late. Gripping Buster at the base of the forearm, you brought him down again and again, with Buster's hand bringing the stick down on this guys head. Rigor mortis has set in, so there is not a lot of flexibility to Buster, but that just means you're hitting harder.

    They guy goes unconscious, and you think that Buster did a good job. You jump in the ship, which is a small transport, and take off.

    You fly around the spaceport, and sure enough, authorities pursue. You lose them in the forest, but you brush up against a tree and take out your communication array. You also hit some kind of big bird, as it's blood and feathers now obscure most of your view. You get to space, plot the hyperspace jump (roll astrogate- that's on the character sheet, isn't it?) and take off, in your stolen transport. You glance at the control panel (roll computer use), and you also realize this guy had some guns installed on this transport, although you didn't notice it from the outside.

    You wonder to yourself, "transport... hmmm... i wonder if this guy was in the process of transporting anything."

    It will take you a couple of days (at least) to reach Naboo.
  10. Protoss72000 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Dec 3, 2001
    star 3
    yeah i have the 4500, after getting the tickets i ask the others where we should stay. ( i figure we can decide on a place tonight at the game)
  11. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    Are you SURE you want to wait?
    That's cool with me....
    mwa hahahahahah!!!





    j/k, tonight will be fine.

  12. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 17, 2002
    star 4
    Hmmm forget Naboo.. I want to know what this guy was transporting...

    I rolled a 14 for astrogate... and a 23 for computer use... I would like to check the log and see if there were any places he was planning on going to or any contacts he had there. I would also like to check the ship for stuff that he could be transporting....

    I rolled a 22 for spot and a 12 for search.

    Then on the way to wherever I am going, I want to find an unsuspecting small ship and test my guns out on them... I'll roll attack and defense when neccessary...

    Roleplaying for a made up character is fun.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.