main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Talon's RPG Update - Feb 8 - 'Smell the Wampa'

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Thought I'd start the thread, but before anyone states what they want to do, let me write an update of what's up for those that weren't there. But I can't do it this second, I will return to post later....

2. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Sha got to the mountain, and found Bann. He helped Bann clear a path through the rubble...

3. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    and he also had words with Bann, questioning his loyalty, honor, and activities for the last 2 weeks in which he was MIA. Bann convinced him that he had done nothing against Rykel's wishes, and was on a personal quest that force users did, and wanted Sha to stay back.

Sha agreed, but after Bann go through the hole in the rubble, he scurried after him, following the red glow of Banns lightsource (his saber), always keeping him just in sight.

Bann continued down this new and seemingly ancient, unused tunnel, toward the source of the massive force presence that he sensed...

Sha is considering that Bann might have gone insane, being that he had no idea that he has already been gone for 2 weeks, and that he found him hacking at a pile of rubble with a lightsaber...

4. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    As I'm walking I want to set both of my blasters (not the cannon) to stun, just in case the crap hits the fan and my suspicions about Ban are correct that he has lost his mind.

I want to be as quiet as possible while following Bann, keeping him just within my sight, and stay hidden within the shadows out of his field of vision.

Rolled:
    Move Silently-24
    Hide-15

Ready an action: If Bann loses it and attacks me, I want to fire at him with both of my blasters and stun him.

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Moka: Noted. But I still have more story to tell before we get to playing....

6. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    wow....this could get good.....

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Meanwhile, back at the Jedi HQ, Draaco has been inquiring about Axia's ship, and has got the trooper on guard duty to agree to meet with him for dinner at the shift change.

Yes, I know that sounds a bit funny, but that is what he did.

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Now, on to the transport speeder that is heading to Mt. Adegan, that is carrying everyone else:

Everyone arrived at the base of the mountain, where the two troopers that were with Bann and Sha had set up camp. The troopers explained that thier directives had always been to never ascend the mountain, but they always would wait at the base. The base camp was the furthest anyone could take a speeder, from that point, it was a hike.

It was very very cold, and occasionally snowy, and the wind was picking up, but still bearable. The ground was covered in snow, and so were the branches of the trees.

The troopers all decided to combine their resources, and make a larger camp. They also explained that when jedi would ascend the mountain, sometimes they would be gone for a day or two, sometimes they would be gone for weeks. This is why the trooper who had come with Bann was still there- the fact that Bann was gone for two weeks did not alarm him.

The troopers also explained the using comm links on the mountain was no good, as there was some kind of interefence in and around the mountain that made it impossible.

Runsae, the guide, and his two assistants, (all locals from the town) readied the pack animals of supplies, and prepared to leave. Rykel made sure everyone had a medpac, glow rod, all temp cloak, food rations and portable fusion lantern with them.

Kelm (formerly Mr. Black) fired his weapon to make sure it worked in the cold, and Jillum fired up his saber for the same reason. Rykel asked if everyone had weapons, and then cautioned everyone: "this mountain has a strange effect on force users- hallucinations, visions, and possibly more. Be careful. This is one of the reasons we came here, to obtain crystals."

Then everyone set out....

To be continued.

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    BTW, I forgot to mention that before Sha got inside the cave and found Bann, he was attacked by a big Yeti-like creature, a genetic cousin to the Wampas found on Hoth. He was able to dispatch it after a short but fierce battle, and in the process, got Ilum Wampa blood all over him. He collected the claws, fangs, and horns as trophies, and then went up to find Bann.

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    So, everyone set out for the cave on the mountain. After a while of hiking, a snowstorm hit, and everyone went snowblind- it was so thick, you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. Some survival and reflex saves later, and after some falling down embankments and what not, the storm subsided, and Rykel, Jillum, and C were still together with the supplies and pack animals. Everone else got individually separated and lost.

Somone, fired a blaster in the air to serve as a locating beacon...

And then an Ilum Wampa found MRV1N.

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Here is the short verson of what happened with MRV1N and the Wampa: they got in a scuffle, the Wampa dented the droids head, MRV1N replayed the Wampa roar at full volume, and the Wampa decided that this meal was not worth it, and backed up and lumbered off.

The long version: I don't remember laughing this hard at an RPG in a long, long time. MRV1N had everyone in stitches. I can't begin to describe it, if someone wants to give this a shot, go ahead.

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Kelm (Mr. Black) wandered through the snow, until he heard the familiar mechanical breathing of Darth Vader. Coming around a snow bank, he came face to face with Vader, who taunted him... "Did you really think you could hide from me forever?" and as Kelm felt his throat constrict... "Did Thrawn teach you do defend against this?"

Kelm fell back, almost blacking out, but the pressure on this throat relaxed, and when he got up, Vader was gone, but Kelm was still left with wound damage from the attack.

13. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Axia wandered through the snow, saw her mother standing there wearing Jedi robes, with a single tear coming down her cheek. When Axia went to go to touch her, at that instant, her mother disappeared.

14. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
  15. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    I will give it a shot, but not at this moment.

16. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    was that a sniff as in 'boo hoo my mom!' or was that a sniff as in SMELL THE WAMPA!

17. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    I can assure you that did not involve a wampa, plastic or otherwise.

18. MR-V1N

Jul 30, 2003
    "MR-V1N vs. Wampa"

Well, you all know what happened and that I found myself with a Wampa, but what you don't know is its detail. The moment that the snowstorm broke out everyone seperated and got lost, except Rykel, Jillum, and C. Being that the snowstorm was so thick, MR-V1N, thinking to himself, says "Well this definitely blows!"

When the snowstorm starts to calm down and then ceases, MR-V1N discovers that everyone is gone, and finds himself, alone!

Wait... What is this??? MR-V1N hears something!!!
    To his surprise, the sound he heard was that of a blaster being fired! Trying to isolate its location, and return to his "Droid Loving" group, MR-V1N yells out to see if anyone can hear him, and then raises his hand and fires one shot towards the sky with his blaster!

A moment later, MR-V1N hears something behind him. Turning around, he finds himself in front of a Wampa!

Making another roar, and coming closer and closer towards MR-V1N, MR-V1N remembers that he has his blaster already out!

Now, that the Wampa is a foot or two from MR-V1N, takes a swing at him, but misses! Being astonished by the droid's quick reflexes and superior skills, the Wampa discovers that the droid is in fact "A GOD"!
    But, before he had time to come up with a plan, MR-V1N, now on his back, from jumping out of the way of the Wampa's swing, fires two shoots at the Wampa's chest and stomach!

Now realizing that he had no chance of defeating the droid, the Wampa decided to come up with a plan B, "GET MAD", because his first plan was "How can I eat him, but think of it very slowly", which proved to be a failure. So the Wampa got mad and charged the droid!

Already having a bone in his hand, from his last victim, he thought that it would be a good idea to hit MR-V1N in the head with it! "I might as well, since my dinner is already on the ground." Thought the Wampa.

Now realizing that the Wampa was in fact, almost up to his power level, MR-V1N came up with a neat idea, so he turned over, so that his back was facing the snowcreature.

Still being hit on the head by a large bone, MR-V1N, out of respect for the Wampa's low IQ, alters his plan. Thinking that the Wampa was to dumb to push his on/off switch, MR-V1N decides to play died!!!

"Wait a minute, he's still hitting me!" MR-V1N, thinking to himself. He then decides to turn his head around, towards the sky to scream out, "HELP!!!!!!" and before the Wampa knew what had just happened, MR-V1N turned his head back into the snow, to keep the whole "I'm died now, so I guess that you can go now" act, alive!

Still being hit on the head and losing more and more vitality, MR-V1N turns his head around again and screams out the same thing, "HELP!!!!!!" and then turned his head back into the snow.

Having to turn his head and scream out "Help!!!!!!" for like the third time, MR-V1N thinks of a flawless idea... "I can record his roar and play it back at him at full volume! MAUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!" MR-V1N, thinking to himself.

Without delaying anymore time, MR-V1N starts recording the Wampa's roar. When he finished recording, MR-V1N set his volume control to full, turned his head around, and started to playback the snowcreature's roar!

The Wampa, now terrified, is getting a taste of the droid's "God like" powers, drops the bone and starts backing up. MR-V1N, sensing the Wampa's fear, makes a note of it and sets his "play" control on "Repeat", gets up and starts replaying the roar!

The more and more MR-V1N played the roar, the further and further the Wampa got from the droid, and decided that this meal was not worth it, and lumbered off.

MR-V1N, now the only one remaining, stoped the playback, picked up the Wampa's bone and declared victory!!!

Eventually, everyone became a group again, and MR-V1N left the Wampa site with dents on his head, and a new weapon (a.k.a. Trophy), to show that he was in battle.

THE END

19. MR-V1N

Jul 30, 2003
    How did I do, Talon?

20. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I'd like to know if I can roll a sense check on Sha follwing me. As far as I know the book doesn't say it is something that is 'turned on,' but rather is always on and dictated by the GM as to sensing anything around.

21. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I want to roll "block sense" on Bann so that he thinks he is just being paranoid.

22. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Runsae wandered through the snow, and met a blue haze of some old Master, which immediately became just a voice... This voice exchanged words with Runsae, and the Runsae left it in search of the others.

Moka and Bann: Noted, for after I catch up the story.

MR1VN: Well done! Clearly, you are in tune with the language of Wampas, because you captured perfectly what was going through his mind!

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    The ones that got separated found each other: MRV1N, Axia, Jillum, Kelm and Runsae. They were still looking for the others with the supplies. Runsae explained that this mountain would play tricks with people and to be careful. Runsae said some more stuff, which irritated Axia, and Runsae then told her to let go of her hatred and anger.

At that point, everyone felt a wave of hatred and anger, that physically weakened them. Runsae, holding his head, said, "Noooo! please, let go of your anger, it hurts! Please stop!" He said this to Axia.

Another wave of anger hit everyone like a wall, weakening them further. "Noo, please stop! You have to let go of your anger here, it is too dangerous. You should not be here!" Runsae said all this to Axia again, while appearing weakened like everyone else.

Axia, alarmed that she could be the source of this, ran through some Jedi calming and meditation techniques, releasing any anger or irritiation she had felt towards Runsae.

At that moment, Axia and Runsae both buckled over, clutching at their hearts. "Please!" Runsae said "Runsae is sorry, please don't do this to me!" Axia was bewildered, and had taken wound damage from this apparent heart attack.

"I'm not doing this!" Axia exclaimed.

"Is it possible that this place is doing it?" Kelm asked. He reached out with the force, and sensed a dark disturbance in the force...

At that moment, Runsae and Axia both almost fell to the ground, clutching at their hearts. Axia felt excruciating pain radiate out from her heart, and her left arm went tingly with numbness.... she took massive wound damage, bringing her to zero, but she did not collapse or black out.

"Noooooo..... please stop this!" Runsae looked horrified as he looked at Axia. Runsae clutched his heart, and his eyes were pleading.

------------

Meanwhile Rykel, Jillum, C, and the other two guides and pack animals had found their way to the lost portion of their party. Once Axia saw this, she had had enough. She just wanted to get away from everyone, so she started stumbling towards Rykel who was still about 50 yards away up the mountain. She had trouble walking, and Kleff immediately went to support her.

And so did Runsae.

"No get away from me!" Axia said.

"Runsae will help you up the mountain." Runsae said.

"NO! Leave me alone!" Axia didn't know what was going on, she just knew she had to get away.

"I can help her, you go wait with the others." Kleff told Runsae, while holding Axia's right arm.

Runsae took Axia's left arm, and proceeded to help her as well. "Runsae will help her up the mountain, alone," he said to Kleff.

By this point, they were several yards away from where they had started, and while Axia allowed Kleff to remain, and used him for support, with her left hand, she was frantically pushing away Runsae, who was tenaciously holding on as they walked.

"No, I think that you should wait back there, Axia knows me, I will help her," Kleff replied.

Runsae looked at Kleff again. "Runsae will help her up the mountain, alone."

Kleff let go of Axia, and said, with a bit of uncertainty, "You help her up alone, and I will just be right back here..." He let go of Axia's arm, and allowed himself to drop back about 20 feet, and kept a close eye on things.

Axia proceeded, stumbling, towards Rykel, who was also doing his best with the others to approach her. Axia also was doing her best to push Runsae off of her with her left arm, which Runsae was clutching at. "Leave me alone, I am fine!" She had no idea why Kleff suddenly decided to fall back and leave her alone with this village idiot that called himself a guide.

"Runsae will help you up the mountain!" Runsae said in his usual peculiar, broken speech. Then Runsae grabbed Axia's arm firmly, betraying hidden strength. He pulled Axia close to him, and looked at her intently and whispered softly in a deep, intense voice: "You are on the wrong path. The dark side is strong in you, turn towards it once more. The dark side holds the power over life and death!"

With that

24. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    ... and then...

... and then...

... and then...

Everyone gathered around Axia and Runsae. Axia told Rykel what was going on, and that Runsae should be killed.

Rykel told Runsae to get on his knees with his hands behind his head, and to be absolutely quiet.

Runsae complied, but then kept talking and pleading and arguing.

Rykel took out a blaster and pointed it to Runsae's head. "I am not a man who is accustomed to having my orders questioned or disobeyed. For the last time, be quiet."

Runsae kept talking, so Rykel shot him point blank in the head with a stun bolt. Runsae fell to the ground.

"We need to kill him," Axia insisted.

"I understand what you are saying, but we have come all this way, and we are almost at the Crystal Cave... Do either of you know how to get there?" Rykel looked at the two guides, who shook their head no.

"He is too powerful, and cannot be trusted. He is evil, he needs to be dead." Axia said

"What if we had him take us the rest of the way up, and then secured him outside the cave?" Rykel asked the group.

"NO. Kill him!" Axia said. "He tried to kill me!"

Runsae began to stir. Rykel stunned him again.

"No," Rykel continued, "at the very least, we need to take him back to the Jedi. He is their guide they have been using, and they might want to question him. He may have other crimes that he will need to answer for."

Axia looked at Rykel intently. "Then you are a FOOL."

Rykel looked at Axia, a bit of a frown on his face.

Axia looked at Rykel very intently. "Rykel, you need to kill him."

Runsae stirred again, and began to get up.

Rykel looked at Axia, with a curious look in his eyes. He then said slowly: "On second thought, I need to kill him..."

EDIT: (at this point, MRV1N decided to record this event)

EDIT: Rykel flicked his blaster off of stun, and began to point it towards Runsae. Runsae got up quickly, and began shaking, "No, No, don't kill Runsae! Runsae didn't mean any harm..." Runsae glanced at the blaster, then Kleff, Kelm, MRV1N and Axia, and his eyes closed just slightly, as he focused once again on the blaster and Rykel. In a startlingly different voice, low and full of menace, Runsae growled at Rykel: "I will kill you."

Rykel pulled the trigger. The bolt flew out and hit Runsae dead on, and instantly, Runsae collapsed to the ground. Rykel stepped over, and using his boot, kicked at Runsae's clothing.

All that was left of Runsae was his clothing, a lightsaber, and a little bit of ash.

"Curious..." Rykel said.

Kleff at this point began firing repeatedly a the pile of clothing, until he was convinced to stop, and that things were okay.

Axia stumbled over, and MRV1N helped support her, She looked at the remains of Runsae.

C picked up the lightsaber, and then at Rykel's request, gave it to him. C also collected a bit of the ash to give to the Jedi.

"Well, let's get back to camp, and then get back to the Jedi as soon as possible to report all this," Rykel said. "We will need another guide as well, and Axia, we will get you in some bacta and let the Jedi Healers look at you."

Everyone turned to leave, and Axia, in her weakened state, held on to MRV1N as they began to walk.

That is when MRV1N turned to Axia, and said, "I will help you get up the mountain."

And they all left the scene.

25. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    OK ON TO THE GAME!

The group with Rykel ended up back at the jedi base, where everyone was questioned just briefly, and Axia was put in bacta and surrounded by healers.

Rykel was questioned more thouroughly. His goal was to get back ASAP to the mountain, as he didn't want to leave Sha and Bann up there alone. From the moment you left the remains of Runsae until you got back to the temple, it took 8 hours. Now 4-6 hours have gone by at the temple, and Rykel has told everyone to assemble again in 2 hours. His hope is that by the time you guys reach the cave, you will have been set back only 24 hours or so. The jedi are sending a jedi investigator with you this time to guide you, and to examine the area where the problem with Runsae happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.