main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Talon's RPG Update, July 5 - "Showdown in the Alleys of Theed"

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jul 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    i could still detect that you where force sensitive, its a force skill, and unlike someone like the emperor you have no skill in hiding your force power

2. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Redd is not powerful enough to detect Sith.

"Axia, I am not force sensitive as you and Petra are. I am no help here. If we do not leave to take the ship now, it will be stolen by the Duros and the droid."

3. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    i was not detecting sith, nor good/evil only that he had the ability to use the force

4. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    Then why did you say that she was a dark sider, hmmm?

5. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    because i saw her kill someone

6. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    What? Axia never used any dark force powers. I don't recall any force lightning. What exactly was it that made your character think that Axia was of the dark side? There has been lots of killing in this campaign, and this is the first time that you have acused anyone of being "dark". I think that you may need to watch what you do with your next character because what you are hearing "out of game" is affecting what your character does "in game".

I saw YOU kill Petra. You followed her into the alley (while she was running away!!!!) and shot her THREE TIMES!!!

By your OWN definition, YOUR character was a dark sider. Your character even took his OWN life.

What exactly is it that you are trying to say?

7. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Please dont get redd started, my head still hurts from the post-game discussion saturday.

8. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    whatever.

9. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    just cause i told you my last character was good doesnt mean you had to believe me [face_devil] and for axia i saw her kill someone and i knew she had the force, thats enough for me

10. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    "Please dont get redd started, my head still hurts from the post-game discussion saturday."

HAHAHA! You experianced 80% of the disscussions Anthony and I have had with Sam... and I've never EVER seen Sam back down or say, "well, whatever." He fights until you are dead or give in, which ever comes first. I admire him for that.

11. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Jaded, I love the new Icon, Ventress is a very cool character in the EU.

12. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    Yes, I know. I was very glad that they made a GOOD Icon of her (and not a lame illustration one!).

BTW, MoronDude: I was not giving in to an arguement. I was just getting really ticked off at him, so I just shut-up. In my opinion he didn't play his character the way that he has been playing it all along! He didn't want Axia to kill him so he took the easy way and killed himself. If he never backs down then he wouldn't have done that.

I am not going to argue with Protoss about it any more because you can't talk to him about anything without him getting all defensive. I was just trying to let him know that I don't think that his character would have done that, and that I don't think that his character would have said that, either. But whatever.

13. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    "He didn't want Axia to kill him so he took the easy way and killed himself. If he never backs down then he wouldn't have done that. "

Actually Redd is a character in a game and is not me, Samuel, please remember that next time your character wants to kill people :)

14. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    The only one confusing his character with himself is you Redd and your doing the defensive argumenative thing that Jaded was just talking about.

Jaded, do you read the comics?

15. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    Which comics?

16. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    As the GM that knows info that not all players know (about each other), I feel I should throw this in:

I think that Redd shooting himself in the head was within the realm of what he as a character would have done. He had come into possession of knowledge about the Jedi and about the Force, and had just began his training, but he was in no way even close to being informed enough to venture into the situation he did. Of several possible choices, and without enough education about the ways of the jedi, he made what he (Redd) thought would be the best choice.

Had the same situation happened later on, with further education about who and what the jedi are, and how they act, I think Redd would have made a different choice.

17. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    hmm okay maybe if i explain this all out then...

Morondude said that I, Samuel, never back down

Jaded said
    "He didn't want Axia to kill him so he took the easy way and killed himself. If he never backs down then he wouldn't have done that. "

she attributed something about me, Samuel, to a fictional character, Redd, so i dont see where im confused at

axia said "The only one confusing his character with himself is you Redd and your doing the defensive argumenative thing that Jaded was just talking about. "

again your saying that im Redd, please keep the character and the human playing him seperate

Im not sure where you see me being defensive so i cant really say much about that...

18. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    1)Saying that you are not being defensive is being defensive...

2)What are you talking about, "you're getting Redd and Protoss mixed up." No. I am not. regardless of whether or not you think I am, I am not. I sat at the game and watched you play. You don't really do a whole lot and when you chased down Petra and shot her in the back, well, I hate to say it, but THAT was also not in character. K.

3)You shot some random thing in the trash can. Your CHARACTER would not have known it was anything that might have hurt you. (might it have been an orphan?!!!) And if I was an orphan, I would NOT have jumped out of the trash if someone started SHOOTING at me!!!

So, on that note maybe next time you should only sit at the table when it is your turn to play. That way you won't play on out of game knowlege!!! What do you think of that, fish boy!!!! MMMMMM-KAYYYYY!!!!

19. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    1. Technically (if I recall correctly), Redd was 'battling' her, as she was shooting him. Once she was incapacitated, he set his blaster to stun, and stunned her. Even when she was trying to kill him, he did not kill her, he stunned her. This was in character for him, IMO. Only when she came to and from her prone position try to shoot him dead, did he (possibly in anger) switch his blaster to kill and fire, in self defense (remember, he had just tried to stun her, and clearly, that wasn't working).

2. When Redd and the others were considering the movement in the trash can, I remember their reasoning to fire into it was that it might be some sort of animal. Remember, they also fired at the wall and called out as well. I think that the possibility that there was an orphan in the dumpster, covered in trash, still alive (all due respect, Petra) is pretty slim.

Please note: The time to call foul (or 'out of character') is during gameplay as it's happening, so that I as GM may consider whether or not to allow some action. After the fact, it's usually too late. While I try to enforce the whole 'play in character' thing, there are times when I miss stuff, so it's totally valid to bring someting to my attention as it's happening. Once I make a ruling, however, it's final.

Now then, as it would seem that there is no end to this arguement, and it is blurring into assessments of a player, and not just his character, I am hereby, as GM and Guy In Charge Of This Board, declaring this thread closed. It's from 2 weeks ago, anyway.

20. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I dont know why but this whole thread made me laugh... a lot....

just thought I'd share

ok I'm going to play galaxies...er.... I mean....work

21. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    'Thread Closed' means no more posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.