main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Talon's RPG Update- Mar 7 - Enter the Sith Lord...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    These books you mentioned Talon...Did you literally have to dig them up? Are they in an Egyptian tomb or something? :)

2. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    fortitude save = 15 + 6 = 21

3. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Can I take a 20 on Gather Information?

4. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    sorry chaps, I had a bit of business that kept me very occupied. I will reply today!

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Kleff, I will allow it, as there is no penalty for failure in this specific check: You find out precisely where an explosion could set off a chain reaction that could bring the whole thing down. Apparently, there are rather large vents that serve as air intake and exhaust for the facility. These come out out of a mountain (where the facility is) and the openings are protected by deflector sheilds as well as disguised by holographic projectors. If someone were to disable a specific vent's sheilds and hologram, in theory, a small craft (such as hmmm a jedi starfighter) could be flown into it and if the pilot were very good, said craft could be used to deliever the ezplosive charge...

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Jillum, you do not pass out. You realize you have new knowledge of how to obtain the force here on this planet. You know specifically what to do, it involves rapid growth cloning chambers, force displacing lizards, and the introduction of cloned organisms... You know you must get to this facility and make this happen in order to begin your journey! Add 2 DSP's.

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Terminus: "Axia, something disturbs me. Something doesn't feel right. I have developed a bond with you as your Master, but since you've been back, specifically since they arrested Bann, you feel... closed off to me. Different. To be frank, it is alarming. Do you know why?"

8. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I assume she did not hand my saber back to me so I continue to hold out my hand for it.

"It was a trying experience master, perhaps I am just tired."

Bluff 20 (yes a frigging 20!) +4=24

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Terminus: She hands you your saber. She says, "I understand, but what I was asking is do you know why I find it alarming?"

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Terminus takes Axia's saber and holds it in her hand. "So you did. Again, it must be the fatigue. I'm sure its nothing. I don't know why it would alarm you so. Why don't you tell me?"

I assume what I said before about draining her saber when I got mine back ended in failure due to the role so I prepare to defend myself should she try anything.

11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    A few questions about the new info:

Could one disable the sheilds and hologram outside the facility?

Would disabling the sheilds and holograms alert anyone?

How the heck am I gonna get my hands on another Jedi Starfighter?!?

What do you mean by "if the pilot were very good"... how high would the DC be in such a case?

Wouldn't an explosion create some type of alert?

How the heck am I supposed to get the Jedi Starfighter back without anyone realizing that Kleff took the ship before the explosion and brought it back afterwards?

12. Kleff_Rixxard

Kleff_Rixxard Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2001
    I'm ready to do this, Moron! It's the will of the Force and I must follow it! No matter the odds... The Force won't let me down!

13. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I don't think you realize the difficulty of this mission, Kleff. It is too much to do on your own and yet there is know one you can trust to help you, not even MR-V1N! If you try this, you will fail.

14. Kleff_Rixxard

Dec 18, 2001
    You don't believe in me? And, what was that about not being able to trust my good buddy MR-V1N?!?

15. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Oh, uh, I can't tell you that or else we'd be metagaming. Anyway, you just don't have the skills for this whole mission. Do you even know how to disable a deflector shield?

16. Kleff_Rixxard

Dec 18, 2001
    Well... um, not exactly, but I think I can figure it out.

17. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Uh huh... and do you know how to fly a Jedi Sta.... oh, wait, stupid question. All I'm saying is think it over, will you? You don't even know if those ghosts were even really Jedi. Maybe they were Sith posing as Jedi to trick you into destroying the Jedi's facility.

18. Kleff_Rixxard

Dec 18, 2001
    If they were Sith, how do you explain the blue-bladed lightsaber hidden in the wall, or the fact that they knew that Redd's datapad had secret information about the technology, huh?

19. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I don't know... Maybe if Talon were here, he could answer my questions and keep me from talking to myself.

20. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Do I also possess the knowledge of where this facility is???

21. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Talon can you let us know if another update is coming. Just so I know when to check back. Thanks

22. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Yes one is coming. Right now!

(sorry, I have been grinding rifle to get Master Marksman and Imp Points so I can get my own set of Stormie Armor, which might be the only good reason to be Imperial. That and AT-STs, I guess)

Terminus: "It would appear that someone took over the person of Bann, and that this person claims to be a Sith Lord named Terminus. If he was able to take over Bann, what was to stop him from taking over someone else at the time of Bann's arrest? Someone such as yourself? This fact, coupled with the sudden lack of connection between us, is what I find alarming." She stands and asks, "More tea?"

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Kleff:

A few questions about the new info:

Could one disable the sheilds and hologram outside the facility?
    ***** no the controls are on the inside.

Would disabling the sheilds and holograms alert anyone?
    ***** You would be able to disable just 1 sheild and 1 hologram (of the many vents), and it would not set off an alarm. To escape notice, however, they could be turned back on once you had flown inside. Exiting the vent is no problem, the shields can be on for that.

How the heck am I gonna get my hands on another Jedi Starfighter?!?
    ***** I am sure you could figure something out... ])

What do you mean by "if the pilot were very good"... how high would the DC be in such a case?
    ***** Haven't figured it out yet, and I am not sure whether I will tell you. I might. But hey, you are a GREAT pilot, it shouldn't be much of a problem for a studly Duro like you, eh?

Wouldn't an explosion create some type of alert?
    ***** Of course, but if you read the data correctly, this will be a chain of explosions that will be pretty big. That will serve as an alert and possibly a distraction to your rapid escape, if you are reading correctly.

How the heck am I supposed to get the Jedi Starfighter back without anyone realizing that Kleff took the ship before the explosion and brought it back afterwards?
    ***** More for Kleff to figure out! I heard he loves a challenge! Maybe it doesn't get back...? Kleff remembers that he helped a Jedi recover his ship that had been missing... how did they miss that one gone for a while?

Hmmmmmm......!!!

24. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Jank: Indeed, you do. It is buried in a mountain...

25. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Terminus' shakes her head slightly. "No. Jedi I wont be having any of your tea."

Terminus stands and attempts a drain energy on Depa's saber (rolled 15+5=20) If successful I will attack her with my saber aiming at her head. (Melee attack roll 19+7=26 and second attack 13+1=14)

if Drain energy does not work I get up and turn to leave "I am tired. Im sure our connection will return. I am going to my quarters."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.