Talon's RPG Update, October 19

Discussion in 'Southern Nevada, NV' started by Talon_Wolfe, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    24 is your total...

You are happy with the finish of your ship, it is still virtually the 'factory finish', and you detect no scratches. However...

It crosses your mind this is the first external inspection you have made of your ship since you met with Darth Vader, and maybe ever. So, you look over the different nooks and crannies, marvelling at this feat of Naboo engineering, so smooth and elegant... except for the weird, silver box stuck to the hull on the back, tucked away in one of the aforementioned crannies. It is a duller silver than the rest of your ship's finish, you wonder if Kal and his techs were unable to get the finish on whatever this is...

It is about the size of a cigar box, and on one of it's sides, there is a small dim, flashing green light, about the diameter of an eraser head. There is also a small panel on the same side, next to the green light.
  3. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Axia takes the comlink off her belt and dials in Kal's frequency. "Kal, this is Axia, there is a device attached to the underside of MY ship."
  4. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    From the comm, you hear a muffled "What??" then you hear crashing noises and running footsteps and more crashing noises and more running, which you are starting to hear from the landing ramp nearby, as Kal comes running down, holding a comm in one hand, and toasties in the other hand, mouth full, eyes wide.

He runs over to you, and trying to swallow, he chokes out, "Where?"

There are some crumbs on his chin
  5. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    I look at him with for a moment then I wordlessly point to where the offensive device violates the pristine hull of my beautiful ship
  6. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    He looks, and then then spits out his mouthful of 1/2 chewed toasties as he walks towards it. He absentmindedly pockets the toasties in his hand, and his other hand comes to his mouth and he says into his comm, "This is Kal, I need a security detail at bay number.... bay number... " He looks around mildly confused. "At the big silver Naboo ship. Trace my comm if you need to, get it here NOW."

Kal looks at you. "This is not good. How long has this been here?"
  7. Protoss72000 Force Ghost

star 3
    OOC: in the background we hear the imperial march start playing..

IC: I will finish eating and then go with kurtran(sp?) because he said he wanted to go to another area and talk some more when i was finished.
  8. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Axia takes a step back and wonders when any of this will end. She crosses her arms under her chest before replying. "Probably since we left the Star Destroyer in orbit on our way to Corellia."

One eyebrow arches higher than the other as she turns her attention back to the device. Now if Kleff had piloted my ship from the beginning like I asked him to this might not have happened.
  9. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    So I was with Axia, Vivana, and Rohr with Rykel, then Rykel wanted to speak with Axia alone. Were we dismissed or did he take Axia leaving us in the room? Either way I guess I would like to talk to Axia afterwards back at the ship while she's inspecting it.

"Axia, I found it strange that you would bring Rohr along with us to that meeting. Any reason for it? I didn't think you were the trusting type, have you turned over a new leaf that quickly?"

OOG:Somehow I forgot to post this yesterday before leaving work and it was still waiting when I got here this morning, I'm posting it, but not sure where it fits now. It was intended to happen before the inspection of the ship. GM YOU MAKE THE CALL!
  10. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    OOG: GM rules that Rykel will finish talking to Axia in the morning, he had to go. Bann, you are standing with Axia under her ship, you witnessed her finding the silver box, and her calling Kal, and then Kal calling a security detail. If you wish to say something to her, you can do it at that point.
  11. Inaen Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just so everyone knows, The wookie has found his new favorite snack in all the galaxy.

Rohr is in the Mess hall eating toast posties. All of them.
  12. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Axia looks over at Bann and pulls him aside. She retreats out of whisper hearing range of Kall and security but not out of normal or raised voice range. I whisper quietly taking care not to be overheard.

"No Bann, I have not 'turned over a new leaf' as you put it. I believe the Wookie can be useful to us. The Wookie claims to have been sent to 'help me' through a vision in the force. He also has a funtional lightsaber. I believe we may be able to use him to help bring Petra back. I might be able to manipulate him through this 'vision' he had."

"What is even better is that this Wookie has a soft spot for Twi'lek and other races oppresed by the Empire. So, he will undoubtably be useful..."

Axia pauses and shakes her head.

"A new leaf indeed. No, Bann, you needn't worry abouy that. It would take a miracle to turn me from my path. And as far as that meeting went I would have had a far smaller group there had I known he was going to talk about it in front of everyone. This quest use to be shrouded in secrecy and now everyone seems to know about it. It fills me with dread. No good will come of it"
  13. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    "It will be better for us to go with as few as possible, but the others may prove useful yet especially since we may be expecting visitors soon. I'm sure once we find out all we need to know, we can whittle the group down to the size that works best for us.

"As for the wookie, he may be dangerous to our mission depending on which side of the fence he sits. I am curious about his "vision" and who he claims is teaching him. I have a bad feeling about this..."
  14. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    "The size of this group will be growing unfortunantely. According to Rykel it is necessary."

Axia looks over her shoulder a moment.

"The Wookie's master still speaks to him but he would not say who. If I understand your 'fence' statement correctly he is with the Jedi. He calls himself one and he was spouting a piece of that code of thiers earlier."
  15. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    "I wouldn't let him near that amulet then, or even let him know it exists."
  16. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    "Of course not. It's safety is my top priority."

Axia looks back over toward her ship to see what is going on.
  17. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    A security detail comes, with misc equipement and scanners. First there are several scans made, then the device is pried from the ship. It is placed in a thick metal container (think big metal shoebox with 2 inch thick walls) and is taken away. The detail leaves, and Kal approaches Axia and Bann.

"Well, we have good news and bad news. Which do you want first?"
  18. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    "Why do you human persist in this good news/ bad news thing. I swear its the strangest thing your species does. Anyway, just so we dont break with tradition I believe most of you answer, give me the bad news first."
  19. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    "The bad news is, that silver thing was definitely not part of your ship. It was a tracking device, probably hidden there when you were on Vader's Star Destroyer. You have been probably tracked to Corellia, and then back here...

The good news is that it was a passive device. It is designed not to constantly emit any sort of signal, it just stays dormant until someone bounces an encrypted signal to it, at which point it will then come awake, return it's 'ping', and then go to sleep. This makes it harder to find, but it does mean that someone has to be at least within 'pinging' distance of you. I know for a fact that we picked up no one on sensors when we were traveling at sublight speed, so depending on that thing's range, we might be ok. It definitely looks Imperial though. If it was 'pinged' here on Naboo, we would have only led them so far. These caves are pretty thick, and we also lined them with a number of detectors, jammers, and all kinds of shielding. Right now, that security detail is going to deposit that thing a few kilometers outside into the forest, so if anyone's following us, they won't know where to look past that."

"Oh, and there's more good news. That thing did not mar the finish of your ship."

Kal scratches his head. "I guess the Imps only trusted our story so far, eh?"
  20. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    "Its the Empire, what do you expect? I find myself more relieved my ship is okay. That and this ring" Axia pauses holding up the thumb of her right hand to show the wide ring that rests there. "Are the only things I have of my entire family. Well... a couple other things...but why am I telling you this?"

"Thanks Kal. I appreciate your quick responce. I wouldnt want to lead the Empire here..."

Axia drifts off, lost in thought
  21. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Kal's comm goes off, and he answers it, glancing at Axia and wandering away.

OOG: Unfortunately, I cannot continue past this until around 9 PM or so tonight. If you guys want to take if further, that's up to you. Otherwise, next time I post, we will call it the next morning....

22. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Kleff looks at Jillum, smiles, and says, "You better ask Axia before you use her comm. Want me to call her?"
  23. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    You all find places to bunk down for the night, even if its just a chair that reclines....
  24. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hmmm Axia doesn't seem too friendly toward me....It's not that important anyhow. Man I'm tired. Night.

::sleeping now::
  25. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    The next morning at about 8 AM, you all are awakened via comm:

Rykel would like to meet with all of you in his private conference room in a half hour. Directions are given to get there. You are also informed by the voice on the comm that this will be a secure environment, so recording devices, comms, datapads, and the like will be checked at the door. Personal weapons are fine. Breakfast will be provided.

Kleff, you recieve a secondary comm from an aide to Rykel: "Mr. Rixxard, I need to ask about your droid. Is he a standard droid, or is he... independent?"

Axia, you recieve a secondary comm from an aide to Rykel: "Miss Euzine, please be prepared to stay later after the conference is done. It is for a private meeting that you were told about."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.