main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Talon's RPG Update, October 5

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    "I'm not sure. Ms. Euxine is in charge now. Find her and ask her what needs done."

2. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    OOC: dude,kleff, love the icon.....mmmmmmmm.....david bowie......

3. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Yeah. David Bowie is looking at my signature right now. Cooool!

4. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Just curious, how much time is going by here? Is it days since we left for Rodia?

5. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Since you left for Rodia, it's been a few hours. You have a few hours left to go. The whole trip should not take you more than 12 hours, but will probably be faster than that.

Vague, I know, but I haven't completed my timetable chart of Space travel, which will show how long it takes to get from one planet to another.

Figure, the closer something is to a hyperspace route, the faster you get there. Other wise, you gotta come out of hyperspace as close as possible to the planet, and then travel through realspace to get there. Traveling through realspace is slower than hyperspace travel.

Make sense?

6. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Yeah, but it would be cooler if you said 8 days. That's all.

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Okay, MRV1N, here's your Golden Birthday Triva Question for One Thousand Experience Points!

First the Rules:

1. You must find the answer without help from anyone that has ever been to our Saturday night RPG, whether you asked them to help or not. So no helping MRV1N (even unsolicited help), or he's disqualified!!

2. You must present the answer here in this thread or Saturday night at the game. Saturday night at the game is your deadline.

3. Your answer has to be right. Close doesn't cut it, there is no almost.

That being said, here are (as promised) the categories you get to choose from:

A. Star Wars

B. Star Trek

C. The Show 'Friends'

D. Weapons

E. Martial Arts

F. The Show 'Alias'

G. The Show 'Smallville'

H. Horror Movie Lore

Pick a category, and I will provide a question. Choose carefully, 1000xp could represent a huge leap for your character. That could take you 4-9 game sessions of active playing to accomplish!

8. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Assuming Rohr story doesnt change my response Axia extends her hand to the wookie. "I accept your help and hopefully I will be able to help you."

If the wookie has nothing else to say I walk up to the cockpit.

"Kleff, give me an update."

9. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    choose the Friends category!!!!!! (if that counts as help i retract that statement)

10. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    Talon, did i successfully fix my computer? i rolled a 30 if i remember correctly...... if it's fixed, Vivanna goes to the galley with her computer to get something to eat and search as many star charts as she can possible find to try and find one of the constellations that were on the map......

11. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I would like to go find Jillum. Once I can find him I'd like to hand him his brother's lightsaber. "Here, rightfully this is yours. It will not be able to work for you the way it worked for your brother. It could be dangerous to show it off to very many people, but I think you deserve to keep it."

12. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    OOG: MR-V1N would kill in the Star Trek or Horror categories... he would be killed in the Friends, Alias, or Smallville catgories (The only show he watches faithfully is Will and Grace).

Out of the blue Will & Grace quote (my personal favorite quote from the series):
    "C-3PO isn't gay, Jack. He's Brittish."
    -----
    IG: Kleff whirls around in the pilot seat. "Yes ma'am. We are currently on course to Naboo. We've got about 4 to 6 hours of flight time left, by my calculations, before we revert to realspace. After that, it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to enter Nabooian orbit." Kleff says all this with a warm and sincere smile.

13. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    "Bann, I appreciate this gesture." Admiring the shinny thing of beauty in the palm of my hand. Whispering in a quiet tone "Bann if there's anything I can assist you with I will gladly help. You seem to be the most sraightforward with me out of this little group."

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Vivanna, you successfully have restored your TRS-80 personal computer back to it's previous state of repair.

OOG: 50 xp to the first one to explain why I laughed as I typed the above.

and Jillum, 10 XP for using the word 'shinny' for no other reason than to just use it!!

15. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    because she had already repaired her computer the last time we met to play?

oh and YES i knew using that word would come in handy.

16. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    i think you laughed when you typed it because you were thinking that Vivanna probably fixed her computer using THE WAX!!!!

17. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Ah, you are both wrong why I laughed, and now you can't guess anymore- 1 try per player....

18. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Because the Trs-80 is an old personal Computer from the 80's and looks really out of date compared to today's standards.

I even have a picture of one if anyone wants it. Anyway, the TRS-80 PC's were all powered by the Zilog Z-80 microprocessor. They supported up to four floppy drives, and hard disks were available (though expensive) for them as well. While it's true that the original machine, the Model 1, was a little flakey and probably deserved the nickname "Trash-80" at times, the rest of the product line was pretty solid. And even the Model 1 could be "fixed". Tell me Talon, is her's a pocket Pc, or a small desktop version?

19. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    I'll pick Star Trek.

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Inaen, the XP is yours! Although you failed to mention that TRS-80's were the staple computer that Radio Shack sold to hardcore geeks, as almost no one back then had personal computers. There were TRS-80's from Radio Shack, Apple II's from Apple (the one I had, with a whopping 48k of RAM and greenscreen monitor), and later came the PCjr from IBM (there was also the Commodore 64 too). Ah, the days of loading programs from a cassette player and random dialing numbers to see if you could find tone...

Vivanna's computer kinda looks like the Sony VIAO TR2A, a really really small notebook.

21. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Okay, MRV1N, here is your golden question!

(drumroll please)

According to Captain Janeway, what size does she wear?

(tick tock tick tock.... feel free to hum the jeopardy music in your head...)

22. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Could we get back to the game? BTW I thought you said Marvin's questions were going to be hard?

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    that wasn't hard? I thought it was kinda hard... crud!

24. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Everyone please PM me with their in game location on the ship, what you are currently doing, and what you would like to do in the next couple of your turns...

25. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I think a harder question would be how did Shatner ever get a speaking part?

Is the droid in the cockpit as well? If so I'd like to ask the possibility of learning some of the Wookie language or mannerisms or getting a pocket translator or something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.