So NV Talon's RPG Update, Sept 27

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 1, 2000
    star 6
    Kleff gets up out of the cockpit to look for Jillum. It is weird, but Kleff finds himself enjoying having so many people on his ship. He looks around, seeing people sleeping in chairs, in rooms, and even on the floor, and it makes him sort of proud. At this point, Kleff has been running so long that he doesn't remember the last time one of the people on the ship was not getting into a fight with another person on the ship. A smile comes to Kleff's face as he heads to the captain's quarters to find Jillum.
  2. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    Axia...

    ... you make your way into the cave, stooping to get in, but then able to stand after a few seconds. You look around, and even you cannot see in here.

    The light is all but nonexistent, and the air seems to have some sort of smoke or haze in it.

    Without light of some sort, it will be difficult to proceed. Almost instinctively, your hand goes to your belt, and you feel the cool grip of your saber hilt. With deft and practiced ease, you detach it and hit the activation button. The energy blade snaps to life, and it's red glow fills the cavern around you.

    You start forward again, moving further into the tunnel...

    ... to be continued...

  3. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 25, 2003
    star 4
    ARGGGGHHHHH :) More, more. I need another hit!
  4. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    Axia...

    ...With the illumination of your weapon as a guide, you proceed. Yes, this is a familiar place. You round the curve of the tunnel, knowing what to expect. And it's true: a figure in dark, tattered robes, hunched over a small, dim fire, focused and working on something, producing no sound except for the steely scrape of metal on metal.

    Except this time she is not alone.


    ....to be continued!
  5. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Aug 27, 2003
    star 4
    OOG: Can we wake up yet? If so

    In Game: I wake up and go to find Kleff.
  6. GersonSith Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 30, 2002
    star 4
    METAGAMING!! ok not really
  7. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    you can't wake up yet.
  8. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 25, 2003
    star 4
  9. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    ok... sorry about this posting in small portions, I do it not just to torture ;) but also becuase I have only had little bits of time available to do so, so here here we go...



    Axia:


    There is another figure in the cavern, standing facing the cavern wall with their back to the fire. At approximately 15 feet away, in the reddish orange light, you cannot tell much more about this figure other than they are very still and are wearing a hooded robe.

    As your eyes take in the sights around you, your mind is working overtime. You realize some things are... different. Some things seem so right but you know that somehow, they are just... wrong. You saber, for instance. You glance down at it. Your memories are fuzzy, as if you're having trouble accessing them for certain things... like how you got so good with a saber, or where you got the black clothes you are wearing, or how...

    You flick your right lekku forward, and glance at it's metal tip in mild alarm.

    ... or how you lost the end of your right lekku.

    Scrape. Scrape. Scrape. The figure by the fire continues in their work, not acknowledging your presence.


    What do you want to do?
  10. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 25, 2003
    star 4
    Axia, in confusion flicks her lightsaber a couple of times wondering how she learned to twirl it safely or how her Lekku became damaged.

    Another thing occurs to Axia. She shouldnt be here. The woman said I would not be able to contact her again unless I... Perhaps she is not the one that initiated this? Perhaps the stranger...

    Her gaze melts away from the blade and takes in the scene before her. She knows one of the people her but her curiousity about the other individual is eating away at her. She begins to round the fire, drawing closer to the figure. "Hello?" Axia says, her gaze and voice directed at the unkown figure.
  11. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    As you round the corner of the fire, and draw closer to the one standing, you notice that their robe is scarlet, like the robe worn by the one by the fire. Scarlet, but new, with not a mark on it. You approach this person slowly...


    The one by the fire says, "They are coming, you know." her voice is raspy, and carries the weight of years.
  12. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 25, 2003
    star 4
    Axia's gaze flicks to the woman by the fire for a moment. Who is coming? I'll get to that in a minute. I must know who this person is. I take a step closer. "Hello? Do I know you?"
  13. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    The person at the wall remains with their back to you, and does not reply. They are very close the wall, and seem to be frozen in place, not moving.

    The old woman by the fire says, "She may not answer. She has not transistioned well in the time that she has joined me." She looks up at you for a moment. "Perhaps she will join me when the fight resumes, eh? The future and past are hard to see." The old lady stares at you for a moment, then goes back to incribing her amulet.
  14. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 25, 2003
    star 4
    "What are you talking about? Im am sick of riddles just talk plainly. Who is coming? What battle? Who is transitioning and from what?!" I reach forward and pull the hood off of the person standing there.
  15. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    You pull the hood of the person standing there, and it flops down against the back of their robe. You see blonde hair there, and the figure does not react to what you did.

    The old lady says, "The battle that I speak of is the one that I have already fought. The ones that I speak of as coming are the ones who vanquished me. The one I speak of transistioning is... before you now."

    The older woman stands, and extends one arm towards the other robed figure. In a bolder tone, she says "Allow me to reintroduce you to the subject of your crusading rage....

    ...Petra Blakkwing."

    The hooded figure slowly turns around, and you stare into the unmoving eyes of Petra Blakkwing.
  16. Inaen Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 17, 2002
    star 3
    Rohr wakes as a sudden need calls for his immediate attention (he has to pee). He gets up and walks to the the starwars equivilent to a bathroom to relieve himself. On the way back he stops to notice those around him quiet and sleeping. He sits and smiles to himself enjoying the peace on the ship...until sleep again wisks him away to yet another adventure.....
  17. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 25, 2003
    star 4
    If this was anyone else, an image of her mom, her dad, anyone else but Petra Axia would have lashed out in Rage at the other woman knowing she was being manipulated. Knowing that the person in front of her was not who she appeared to be. But, it was Petra and what if it WAS her. What if she could be saved?

    WHAT if she could be saved? The same self-destructrive Petra. That doesnt matter.

    Axia turns her head slowly away from Petra to regard the other woman when she thinks better of it and turns her attention to Petra again. "Petra?"
  18. GersonSith Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 30, 2002
    star 4
  19. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    The person who looks like Petra slowly turns her head, and locks those unmoving eyes on you. Her skin is pale, and her mouth slowly opens. It hangs open for a moment before you barely hear:

    "A- Axiaaaaaa......"

    The voice is so barely audible, that the flickering flames of the small fire seem deafening.


    You hear the voice of the older woman whisper "You don't want to believe it, I know."
  20. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 1, 2000
    star 6
    Kleff finds that Jillum is not in the captain's quarters, so he starts searching for him. ((I guess I'll take a 20, searching for as long as it takes to find where he's staying))
  21. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 25, 2003
    star 4
    Axia's snap her head to the woman's direction so fast her Lekku lift from her shoulders. Axia grits her teeth and lowers her head a little while her eyes narrow to cold slits.

    "Of course I don't! I'd finally accepted that she was gone. I need proof that this is her and I know you wont give it to me."

    I step up, nose to nose with Petra. "Petra if thats you give me a sign. Something tangible, somthing concrete." I grab both sides of her face with my hands (Deactivating and returning the lightsaber to my belt) and lock eyes with her. "Petra? Is this really you?"

    /// I rolled a 15 on sense motive, in case you wanted it ///
  22. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    The woman that looks like Petra, mouth still open, croaks out, "hhheellllp meeeeeeeeee..." Her expression subtly changes to reflect the fear echoing in her voice.


    Within your field of view, the older woman in the tattered robes floats over, her eyes glinting at you. "Gooood... I thought she might respond to you. As I said, she has had a hard time transistioning. It is hard to believe it is your friend, but believe it.

    Petra starts to shake almost imperceptibly in your hands.
  23. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    you sense motive tells you that her fear, at least, seems genuine.
  24. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 25, 2003
    star 4
    Axia holds on to Petra a little tighter, afraid to let go. Her chest feels as if it's going to explode. So many conflicting emotions battleing for supremacy in Axia right now that it is actually making itself felt in a physical way.

    Was this really Petra?

    How do I free her from where she is?

    Am I...am I responsible?

    What do I do???

    Looking into Petra's eyes Axia pleads. "How do I help you? Petra, please tell me." Tears start streaming down Axia's face. One minute they werent there, the next instant they were pouring down her face.

    Why am I crying?

    Why is Petra here?

    Who is coming?

    Is this really Petra?

    what Battle?

    Is this a vision of the future? How did I loose part of my lekku? If it is the future do I remain Dark? My saber is red...

    Axia's focus, which never dimished from Petra's eyes becomes more intense, as if willing the answer to the one question to the surface, the only question that matters.

    Is this Petra?

    "Tell me Petra, how do I help you?" Please dont let me be responsible for this... This can't be my fault, I was trying to help. I was trying to save you.

    "How...do I...save you?" Axia askes quietly, her words chokeing in her emotion laden throat. "I can sense that you are afraid. I cant say I find that comforting for I have never seen you afraid. But I will not leave until I know how to save you."

    I continue to hold her and turn to the other woman. "Assuming you are telling the truth. How do I help her."

    I turn to Petra again and wait for a response from either woman. I wish...I wish someone could help me.
  25. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 8, 2002
    star 4
    MoronDude:

    You find Jillum curled up in a bunk in one of the crew quarters. He is fast asleep, clutching at his satchel, holding it at his center as he is curled into the fetal position.


    Axia:

    You look at the woman. She looks at you intently, and her sharp gaze softens. She says, "So. You stand at the edge of this unknown, with one foot extended... and you want to believe. That, for now anyway, is enough."

    She walks back towards the fire, and gestures for you to join her. "Leave Petra be for now. She will be fine, she must find her own way in the transistion. I think you have already begun to help her."

    She sits down, and in the orange flicker of the fire, gestures for you do to the same, near her.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.