main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Talon's RPG Update, Sept 27

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    It takes every ounce of Axia's will power to tear herself away from Petra. If it is Petra she's scared and Axia doesnt want to leave her. But if it IS Petra then this woman by the fire may be the only person who knows how to help her so Axia reluctantly, slowly pulls her hands away from Petra's face and joins the woman by the fire.

"Isn't there anymore that I can do for her?" Axia shakes her head and wipes the tears from her eyes in frustration. "If thats really her."

Axia sits down by the fire, after a moment she speaks again. "What is going on? what happened to me? I thought you said I wouldnt be in contact with you until I did your little assingment. Is Petra the reason I'm here? I have so many questions, nothing but questions and riddles."

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    "Yes, the last time I saw you, I told you you could not see me again until you completed the assignment I gave you."

"Things have changed, however, and so, here you are. Now, you accuse me of talking in riddles," she resumes etching her amulet. "So I will be as plain to you as I can, and if you can understand... the way of things... then the riddles will be over for you."

The woman glances up towards the entrance tunnel sharply, and her eyes darken. Her countenance grows deathly grim and she stands up quietly, and puts the amulet on. Her hand curl into claws, as she raises them. You see the air start to spark around her hands, and for a moment, she seems to even rise in the air.

Then the moment is gone, and she sits down again, and looks at you... "Once you understand the nature of this place, you will understand much of what you have seen and heard."

3. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    OOG: I just have one thing to say......ahem.....LONG LIVE PETRA BLAKKWING!!!!!!!!..... thank you.....

4. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I turn to her. "I do not understand. Help me to understand."

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    She asks you, "have you been able to read the amulet that I have and will inscribe?

Much of the truth about this place is found there."

From behind you, noise begins to emit from Petra's mouth: "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......."

6. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I spin around and stand rushing over to Petra. I place my hands on her as I did before, to lend her strength, to reassure her that I am here.

And I listen...

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "oooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuddddddddddd..." Petra's voice escapes her open mouth in a low, almost otherworldly moan.

You grip Petra, her eyes no longer reflecting fear, but now uncertainty. She seems to have taken a step towards the fire, and although she is not moving, she is still trembling.

The voice of the older woman continues... "Now that she is progressing in the transistion, she will be making more and more noises, and attempting to move more and more. Do not let it alarm you. It is a good sign. Now, then, as I asked, were you ever able to read the amulet?"

8. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia's head turns slowly to the woman. She is tired of this womans games. Does no one who pratices or even knows about the force speak plainly?

"I have not been able to read the transcription, no. What is Petra transitioning too? Is she going to be trapped in this amulet as you are? And why am I here in this state?"

I let go of Petra and turn to face the woman fully. "Just tell me what the amulet says. You're the one that apparently inscribed it so just tell me." I encompass the cave with a wave of my arm. "What is so signifigant about this place?"

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "..iiiiiiiiittttttttiiiiiiii......" Petra continues to moans softly.

The woman folds her arms across her chest, and tilts her head slightly as she regards you with an odd expression.

"Come. Leave Petra be for the moment. Sit by the fire, take the amulet from your neck, and read it. If you are impatient, let it only be with yourself. Knowledge and Information can only be spoon fed for so long- after that, demands become... regrettable. If you wish to learn, then listen and answer my questions as well. So, come, sit, take the amulet, and read." She smiles at you. Nothing she said was condescending, she just spoke it as a matter-of-fact.

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    "Fine." Axia says. Theres is also no other tone than acknowledgement in her voice. She unfastens the amulet and begins to look at the back as she sits down by the fire.

"In all fairness I do not feel any answers were spoon fed me nor was I making demands. Right now, right here, I desire two things, to learn how to help Petra and learn mastery over this power I wield. Its a blunt and heavy weapon to me now. I need it to be sharp and easy to wield... or if not easy to wield I need to wield it effectively."

"but," Axia looks back at Petra. "I know you tell me not to worry about her. I dont see how I can't. I know so little about you and trust does not come easy to me, if it comes at all."

Axia holds her head in her hand for a moment before something occurs to her. She lifts her head slowly and focuses her attention on the woman across from her. "You know...it occurs to me that she might still be alive had it not been for your influence." She says matter-of-factly, there is no accusation in her voice. "It's hard to tell though. Petra was bent of self destruction from the start I think, as I look back on it, which I have been a lot lately."

That of course will not help those I still hold responsible in her death. No, they will still be destroyed. All of them. They will pay for the crime they have comitted. Petra will have retrubution. Axia looks over at the form of Petra and the state she is in. You will have retribution, my friend.

Aftre another moment Axia looks back at the amulet in her hands. "I will read, I will listen and will answer what is in my power to do so." Axia begins to read the amulet...

11. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Man this thread is killing me! I really hope this conversation does not continue or is finished by 5pm today since I don't have internet access at home to check it.

12. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    This thread is now the largest Talon RPG thread ever. Even the showdown in the alleys of Theed that preceded Petra's resurection attempt only clocked in at 45.

13. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Yeah Gerson I know what you mean, It's killing Petra too. (Hey thats funny, killing Petra) It's killing me, you and Petra and Talon has disappeared but I seriously doubt this conversation will be done soon.

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    The old woman says to you, "Believe me, had there been more I could do to keep her alive, I would have done it. But my influence was limited. You will understand once you complete your reading. Before you read, however, realize that I designed the amulet to be able to be read in stages of completion of the path of the initiate in the way of the True Power, so some of it is worded with that perspective in mind, it teach history, and instructs in beginning methodology, among other things." She interlaces her fingers, and waits patiently.

You remove the amulet, and examine it. It feels warm to the touch, and you find that you are able to now read the text. All the letters/script are very, very tiny, and are etched into the metal on the back of the amulet (the side against your skin). The text is as follows:

Your journey to true freedom and power has begun. I have chosen you. You have accepted, and provided you finish your qualifications, I will bring you into our fold. My name is Kyllyv Draak, and I will guide you in your destiny. Very few know us as The Dark Order, and even fewer know us by our true name, The Shadow of Bhaskon. Our ways are ways of secrecy- you must never speak of the Order, unless it is with one of our own.

First, know our past: The Dark Order was a secret group that existed for many, many years on the world of Bhaskon. It all began from the first civilizations on Bhaskon. There were two primary civilizations- one which developed technology and cities and walled themselves in from the outside, and one which was far older, yet nomadic and mysterious. In the cities, those who were gifted with the true power were ostracized as being in league with dark forces, possessed by spirits or worse. Taken out of the city gates as children, they were left to fend for themselves in the harsh wilderness or harsh climates of that planet, where they ultimately died. As civilizations grew, many attempted to hide their abilities for fear of banishment and the subsequent certain death, but the atrocities continued. Things changed when one day when the nomadic tribe came across a young teenager who was lost, scared and fighting for survival outside the city gates. He too had been banished for displaying the true power- even at the older age of 13. He had been severely beaten and assaulted with a knife and then locked outside the city, left for the predators to finish off. The people of the city had no idea that this young man was different in that we was extraordinarily strong in the true power. He survived for days, until the nomads found him, and took him in. They tended to his wounds, which healed yet left a horrible scar, starting at the base of neck on the left side, and snaking down the inside of his arm to end just before his wrist. The nomads renamed him Adranon, and raised him in their ways and beliefs.

They soon came to consider him a ?higher being? because of what he was capable of, and treated him as a great leader that their prophecies had foretold- ?one found wandering in the wilderness, near death, that would display great power and unite the tribes?. At first the boy tried to convince them that he was just a child, not the culmination of nomadic prophecies. Soon, however, he gave in to their attentions, because a plan was forming in his young heart, a plan for revenge, and these nomads would play a part in that. So, he gave in to his destiny. The nomads taught him about battle and making war, and translated their basic ancient texts for him, until he was able to read and write their language. Much to his surprise, he found that the texts mentioned the very power he wielded, and soon he was able to replicate certain feats and skills he found mentioned in the writings. With the true power fueled by his inner rage, he was able to master the language of the nomads, and thus he had access to the information in their most sacred texts that had not been read in millennia. His mastery over his power grew, and soon, he did in fact unite the tribes, into a one tribe under himself. He soon stationed h

15. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia stands up for a moment and looks at Petra. What is she trying to say? Everything she has said together makes no sense, niether does it make any sense when broken apart. (OOG I did an intellignece check and rolled an 18 +1, my dice love me this week)

If I divine nothing from my intelligence check about what Petra is trying to say I sit back down and continue reading. "I see why my desire for retribution interests you, since your order was born from it."

16. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Petra continues... "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... mmmmmmmmm.... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...."

The woman says to you, "Interesting... read on for the full story."

You continue to read the amulet:

Your journey to true freedom and power is underway. I, Kyllyv Draak, will now tell you of myself:

I joined the Dark Order at a young age. I was the daughter of a family (also with the Dark Order) on an outbound ship, headed for a planet. There were many ships like this, and we were to be inserted as deep cover operatives- sleeper agents, waiting for the time to be activated, and meanwhile gathering intel. Once we arrived on the planet, we settled in, under the guise of merchants. Soon, my parents found evidence of a secret society, like us, that manipulated what they called the ?force?, and what we called the true power. My parents followed all possible leads, until we uncovered a group that followed the teachings of a group known as the Sith. These Sith found out about us, and a desparate battle ensued. Deep in the jungle, they fought against my parents, the battle lasted for hours, neither side wanting the other to walk away with knowledge of their existence. I was nearby, shielding my presence with the true power, and hiding in the woods. While I was too young to do much, I still attacked and hid when I could, changing my location often as not to be found. Finally, it seemed the battle was over. After these two sides had raged on, unleashing the true power and ?the force? upon each other, none were left standing. I rushed to my parents, and found them dead. Angry, the true power welling up inside of me, I looked for something to lash out at. But the Sith had fallen as well. My anger slowly subsided, as I realized I was alone. That was when I saw the Sith female crawling. I ran to her, ready to strike her down, but she was disregarding me. She was crawling towards an amulet (the very one you now hold in your hand). It had apparently been separated from her, and now near death, with the threat of me killing her looming over her, she chose to try to retrieve the amulet rather than save herself. I, the young child that I was, thought that surely this amulet must be a very, very valuable thing, worth many credits. I quickly overtook her, snatched up the amulet, and dangled it in front of her. For the first time, I saw fear come over her face. I struck her with the true power, and as she died, I took the amulet and placed it on my neck. Let that be the last thing she saw. Curiously, this did not have the desired effect I wanted. She looked at me, and smiled as if she knew something I didn?t, and then died.
    Now I was faced with what to do. I decided to make my way back to Bhaskon. Consolidating and selling all the my parents had, I was able to raise enough to book passage to a planet that was near Bhaskon. From there, I knew I would be able to contact the Dark Order, and they could pick me up to take back to my homeworld. It was while I was on the ship, heading home, that the dreams started. I turns out that what I was wearing was valuable to the Sith not in credits, but in a whole different way; it was a Sith Amulet. In the dreams, I was learned about the ways of the Sith, but as a member of the Dark Order, I rejected their teaching, even in my dreams. At least I did in the beginning. Soon, I found that I could adapt some of their techniques, and do things that others in the Dark Order could not. I kept the source of my knowledge a secret, and soon had a few students, eager to learn from me these new ways. In the dreams that I had, my new ?teachers? insisted that I go further and faster down the dark path. This flew in the face of all that the Dark Order taught. The Dark Order taught that we were to strike a balance between the dark and the light, purposely going down the dark path, and then doing our best to maintain that balance. Indeed, part of the initiation into the Order was the assassination of three people, or one person in a place of power. This was mandated to prepare the heart of the initiate. Now, with my new

17. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia looked up from the amulet in horror, her white skin somehow looking ashen and drained of blood. She didn't know if the events of what she had just read corresponded to what was going on in this cave now but she was unwilling to take the chance. Axia gets to her feet slowly and backs away from both Kyllyv and Petra.

What Petra was trying to say suddenly snaps into perfect clairity for Axia. What if Im wrong, I could be throwing away any chance at reviving Petra. Axia's eyes dart back and forth from Kyllyv to Petra still backing away. She grabs her lightsaber and ignites it with a flourish holding the ancient weapon in front of her. If I'm right then its far, far worse. Axia continues back hearing what she believes Petra to have said over and over again in her mind. It was distorted thanks to Petra's state but Axia knows she was right, praying she was wrong. Petra had said... "You did this to me."

If thats what she had said then it wasnt help she was looking for but a host. It was possible that this wasnt Petra at all but a trick on Kyllyv's part to become corporeal again.

Axia's eyes narrow. "You, will not, take me."

/// If Kyllyv takes any hostile action I attempt to wake myself, if it does not happen immediately I scream, I scream for Bann, I scream for justice, I scream in anger, I yell until I wake up. But, only if she takes hostile action. Otherwise I stick around to see what she'll say. ///

18. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    OOG: What did you do with the amulet you were holding?

Kyllyv also stands, and regards you carefully as you look at her and at Petra. "Just why do you say that, Axia?" She slowly walks over to Petra, who is standing near the fire, and reaches out her hand towards Petra's head. Placing the tips of her fingers under Petra's chin, she lifts Petra's head up, so that Petra is looking at her. "Did you say something to upset Axia?"

Kyllyv looks at you. "Or was it something you read? I think you might be jumping to conclusions."

She waits for you to answer.

19. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia looks at the amulet she is holding and flings it away from her. She cares not where it lands. It her other hand she raises the lightsaber a little higher. She can almost hear her soul being torn apart as one side, the possible rebirth of Petra Blakkwing is pulled away from the other, the more likely theft of her own soul and the fact that she's being used again.

Axia at one point feels anger welling up inside of her and she almost embraces it. But it has never served her and she wont be used by it or anything else, ever again. Once again she finds tears streaming down her face and she wonders why. Am I just tired? What if I'm making a horrible mistake?

Well, if it is I can take solace in the fact that it will be the last one involving Petra.

"I am not stupid." Axia nearly hisses. "I will not be used. Hunt for your host elsewhere. Petra is dead, I wont be manipulated anymore by you or her image."

OOG : I try to wake up. if not I use the previously posted screaming plan.

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    You begin to scream. As you do, Kyllyv's hand drops from Petra's chin, and she sits back down on the ground, cross-legged.

Your screams fill the chamber. Petra at this point, slowly turns her head and looks at you. She did that slowly, yet it was the fastest thing she has done since you've been here. The expression on her face is one of impatience- you could swear it is impatience with you. You almost expect her to roll her eyes at you the way she did when she was... alive. Thus far, this is the most 'Petra-like' thing that you've seen her do.

The amulet rises in the air and floats in front of you, but out of reach of your saber.

"I am not trying to manipulate you, and no amount of screaming will do you any good. Your friends cannot hear you from here. In this place, they have not been born yet, and they are faded. You are alarmed that Petra said 'You did this to me'... just who do you think she was talking to? You, or me? Have you determined that yet? Or has it occurred to you that she might have been talking to both of us? Control yourself, put away your saber, and read the last part of the amulet. You owe it to yourself to do so."

"Then, you will understand more. You do not want riddles, yet you resist instruction, the very means to make the mental shift so that the what you hear will no longer confound and perplex you.... Take the amulet, read the final inscription."

21. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "Control," she mumbles, almost to herself. "You must learn control."

22. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    "Control." Axia says almost mockingly. I disenage the lightsaber and step forward snatching the damnable amulet out of the air.

Axia's gut instinct is still not to trust what is going on here despite the more Petraness of Petra. Of course she would start to act more Petra like just as I was deciding this was not what it appeared to be.

I look over at Petra. She was always exasperatted <sp?> with me in life. I was trying to save her and all she did was roll her eyes at me and call me a fool. Well, I knew I was right, my continued heartbeat is proof enough of that.

I look at the amulet but don't read it yet. what if reading the last part is my downfall?
    Petra read it all I believe and look whats happened to her.

Darkness has not served me, niether has the light. Since I have known her I have strived to protect and save Petra. I thought her lost to me and now here she stands...possibly. If theres even a chance I will try to save her, though I do not believe this woman.

If all Jedi had to go through some of the things I have then I can see why they were wiped out. Axia reluctantly reads the last part of the amulet.

OOG: "Attachments are forbidden." :Anaking Skywalker AOTC

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    OOG: Email Attachments are forbidden? Huh? I don't think I get your point...

You look at the amulet, and the last third is written in a different script, and it too, is clear to you:

I am the first of the Keepers of the Amulet. I found the Draak in a cave, and I took it. It must have been there for years, but the Draak spoke to me in my dreams, and soon it was my Master. It taught me the heresy, but my former Master, Anand Raanjak, knew I was receiving instruction from someone other than him. I trusted him with the knowledge of the Draak, and even showed it to him. He took this knowledge to the high council, and they remained in seclusion for three days. During this time, I waited. After three days, I was called into the High Council, and was commanded to tell my story. I did, and then it was explained to me that since the days of Adranon, the Dark Order sought to find balance in the True Power, and through that, mastery of it. They explained that the Sith were a group that used the True Power in a way that was unbalanced, and as such, it ruled them. They told me the Sith called the True Power by another name: The Force. They also told me of a group they had learned about called The Jedi. This group, they told me, also shunned portions of the True Power, and thus, in a different way, they were ruled by the True Power as well, through their resolve not to give in to what they called the ?dark side?. They went on to reveal to me a portion of the secret prophecies of Adranon himself, who wrote of a time in which The Shadow of Bhaskon must reach out to encompass the wayward philosophies of the galaxy, and in doing so, to slowly convert the adherents of the other beliefs to the Order. Those that did not convert would be put to death once they did not serve our purposes and we were sure they were beyond conversion.

They said that what I called the Draak was actually a Sith Amulet that had been fused with a former member of the Dark Order, Kyllyv Draak. She had been branded the Heretic of Bhaskon. After her defeat, the prophecies of Adranon came forth, and we knew that her influence would resurface, so as to fulfill the prophecy. The dreams and guidance I had been receiving was because of all this. They told me that I was not to fear the Order, that I was to be the next Heretic of Bhaskon, and to gain disciples as Draak had done. As my influence spread, so I would accomplish the purposes of the Dark Order. Those under my tutelage would be able to go towards the darkness further, and not worry about retaining balance. As the Heretic, I would be able to embrace teachings of other beliefs, if they accomplished my purposes.

If you are reading this, then you, like me, have followed the instructions of the Draak. You, like me, are the new Heretic of Bhaskon. You will no longer be bound to keeping balance between the light and dark, you may do whatever serves you and our purposes best. Your teaching, like mine, embraces the ways of the Order as well as some knowledge of the Sith. You will not be able to inscribe into this necklace, that alone was reserved for the Draak and the first Keeper. You, as the new Keeper and the new Heretic, must carry forth the will of Adranon. You may obtain a marking on yourself to remember the scar of Adranon, and to show yourself as part of the Order.

Very few know us as The Dark Order, and even fewer know us by our true name, The Shadow of Bhaskon. Our ways are ways of secrecy- you must never speak of the Order, unless it is with one of our own. Choose your followers carefully, convert or unseat the unbelievers, amass power, influence, information and wealth- all for the time when the Shadow shall advance on an unsuspecting Galaxy. Do not betray what you have been trusted with, the Draak has chosen you, you are now the Keeper of the Draak, the new Heretic of Bhaskon.

You look up, and Petra seems to be very slowly rolling her head around and around, as if testing it and loosening it.

The old woman says to you, "Now, perhaps you will be able to understand more. And n

24. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I look over at Petra. I look over at Kyllyv. "My head is spinning. I understand what this amulet is for. I will be its keeper. It seems to suite the path I have chosen very well, niether the darkness nor the light, but those elements of both that serve me best."

"I know how to keep a secret as well. So that is not an issue. Although I have attracted the attention of enemies both powerful and quick to anger. I may not be able to withhold those secrets if forced at my current skill levels. Much like enemies of mine I have compelled to give me information I desired." Axia points out matter of factly.

I move closer to Petra. "But what of you Petra? What is your role in all of this? Can you be rede-...Can you achieve physicallity again?" Axia pauses and shakes her head. "Nevermind. Petra, are you ok?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.