main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Talon's RPG Update

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Sep 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Kal has already done the initial prep, you step in, and hit the switch that gives the ship power.

A low thrum is heard, coming from deep in the console, it soon vanishes, to be replaced by the fading in of lights, sensors, and screens all around you. The ships lights come on, makeing the portable, emergency lights that the techs had set up througout the ship unneccesary. You vaguely sense air circulate in the cockpit (do doubt from the life support systems starting up), and that, combined with the other sights and sounds, give you the sense that the ship just awoke, and took a deep breath... it's first in a long time.

Kal looks at the console, and puts one hand there. "perfect..." he whisperes.

He looks at you, and says, "Congratulations."

He continues his pre-flight checks, and says that you all will be ready to go very soon, but you have a few minutes before you need to strap in.

2. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    I take the Co-pilot's seat in the cockpit and start pourinf over the computer, looking for the name of the ship first and then everything else. I take twenty to do so.

To Kleff: "I felt it would facilitate matters to have a member of our "team" with you. You can send someone over if you feel it neccessary, but you know where we are going and all of that so it would be easier if we had a liason, so to speak."

I return my attention to the computer.

3. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Within moments, you find the name of your ship. The name given to it by one or both of your parents:

The Crucible Thorn

Do you wish to continue here, or in your quarters?

4. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    "Cal, is a twenty three yeear old transpoder signal going to cause problems? This ship's name is the Crucible Thorn, who knows what the imperial database says about this ship."

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "Twenty-three years old? That actually may be to our advantage, as the records may have been out dated or detroyed by now. Of course, if this ship was wanted for anything, I suppose it could raise a red flag. The transponder would be easy enough to change, if you want to cover up the name with a new name. Do you want to?"

6. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    "Wouldnt an unregistered transpoder code raise just as many flags?"

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I could (he raises his hands making quotes in the air) 'register' it, but there's always a chance they could dig deep and find it's been changed. And a ship like this is bound to attract some stares. You're not exactly inconspicuous in a sleek, shiny silver vintage Naboo spacecraft.

You could leave it as is, and we just try to avoid any Imperial entanglements (which we plan on doing anyway), or if you really want to rename it, I can do that too. The chances of them still having something on record for a ship this old is... kinda low. Back then, the whole government went through quite a bit of upheaval, lot's of records destroyed.

He looks again at the computers and transponders. "Hello, what's this?" He looks at you. "It looks like someone installed a 2 way switch on the transponder. You can keep it broadcasting it's true name, or you can turn it off.".

So, what do you want to do? You want to keep it's name, or change it?

8. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    "Lets keep the name. Its like you said, we arent trying to fool them just get by them."

I continue digging in the ships computer for info.

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "ok, then. Give me just a few minutes, and we'll be ready to take the Thorn on her maiden voyage. For the second time in her life."

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    you keep digging, and you find some standard star charts.... nothing special there...

Then you find a large, encrypted file. When you try to access it, it simply flashes on the screen:

"Enter full name:"

Underneath that, there is a space for you to type.

11. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I type in "Tira Euxine"

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "Where did you grow up?"

13. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I look at him with puzzlement, this has got to be the strangest time to ask that question.

"Coruscant...the lower levels."

I return my attention to the computer

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    OOG:

Sorry, that was the next prompt on the computer. Kal did not ask you that.

15. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I tell Axia that i'll remove Kleff's wanted status.....she's the boss afterall....... i rolled an 18+8=26 computer use.......

16. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    oh okay, I assume its asking where Tira grew up so I type in Naboo

17. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Petra, you successfully remove Kleff's wanted status

Axia, you type in Naboo, and it says

DENIED

It then once again asks you:

ENTER NAME: