Rebels Talzin in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by darklordoftech, Jun 6, 2013.

1. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Since the existing thread has "Season 6" in the title, I created this thread to encourage discussion about Talzin in Rebels.
  2. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    I suddenly have this terrible image of Talzin in Rebel fatigues.
    Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  3. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Do we really want that creepy old witch creeping us out again?
  4. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    yes
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  5. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  6. ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Master

star 1
    I'd prefer if she didn't appear just because I don't like her as a character.
  7. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I really liked her until she threw Ventress under the proverbial bus.

Now if she appears, I hope it's as the Emperor's personal voodoo doll.
  8. agentkrycek Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I'd like her back so we can get some closure on her storyline. Would be nice if she also rebuilt her clan of Nightsisters in the time between TCW and Rebels so they can live on once Talzin's storyline is wrapped up.
    Nexumaster and darklordoftech like this.
  9. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    This. Talzin is one of the bigger loose ends from TCW that should get a conclusion.
    Last edited by Nexumaster, Jun 7, 2013
  10. Iron_lord Force Ghost

star 6
    Maybe Gethzerion (CoPL) will kill her and become her successor?
    Last edited by Iron_lord, Jun 7, 2013
  11. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    Talzin should survive into the Rebels TV series. She's powerful, scheming, manipulative... A good enemy for Palps and one with lots of potential.
    darklordoftech likes this.
  12. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Talzin as an opponent for Palpatine? That's actually quite a good idea.
  13. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought that's what she was being set up to be ever since Season 3. Talzin is literally a Nightsister version of Palpatine. A scheming puppet master. Always pulling the strings behind the scenes.

The big question is: what was her ultimate goal? Was Maul and Savage being defeated by Sidious planned, or did he screw up all of Talzin's plans right there?

I'm not sure if I want Talzin in Rebels, but I do want to see her again in some form, whether that be in a novel or whatever.
    Dathomir-Witch and cwustudent like this.
  14. Circular Logic SWTV Interview Host

Game Host
    star 4
    "What sorcery is this?"

Seriously, @darklordoftech, you seem to have a bit of an--infatuation with Talzin that you have to keep posting about her both here and in the ST forums. But I'll certainly entertain more discussion, since this is a topic of interest to me as well.

I stand by the ideas I've mentioned in the previous Talzin Season 6 thread, where I discussed potential links to Mortis due to the fact that the Nightsisters apparently worship the Fanged God and Winged Goddess, corresponding to the Son and the Daughter, respectively. It would be very fascinating to see a link between these otherwise disparate stories explored in the upcoming Rebels, but I won't hold my breath on that possibility. I do wonder, though, whether Christian Taylor and Katie Lucas are still on board as writers for Rebels? Either way, I welcome Talzin as a potential thorn on Palpatine's side during the Dark Times, and I want to see her fate resolved in some manner. We can then transition into the post-OT EU with the united Nightsister clans on Dathomir.
  15. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    I just want to know whether Talzin is with or against Palpatine.
    Last edited by darklordoftech, Jun 7, 2013
  16. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    This is a good idea, methinks. I would also like to find out more about Talzin's "magicks" and if they are a different power than the Force. Its a big universe afterall; I wouldn't be surprised if there were other powers besides the Force out there.
    darklordoftech likes this.
  17. cwustudent Force Ghost

star 4
    I would not prefer Talzin in Rebels. As a character, Talzin was 'born' in TCW, and I think - no, I feel like she should stay in TCW. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed her magicks, and I think the tone of her story, and likewise Maul's story, fit the tone of TCW. I would like Rebels to focus less on magic(k)al characters and more on regular folk. By focusing on characters that can't use the Force or magic, I would connect better with a character that has limitations. Part of Han's charm was that he was just a guy, no special abilities. It was a nice contrast to Luke. Hmm, I seem to have lost my point... Talzin. Yes, I would like a resolution to her character. If it comes in Rebels, so be it. But it seemed that her beef was with Dooku specifically, not Palpatine. I could be wrong.
    Me too! What is her deal!?!?
    I do enjoy the idea that Talzin's power is something beyond Palpatine's reach. That would give her an edge, and clearly Palpatine doesn't like competition. And it would be funny to give Palpatine an adversary that he just can't defeat!
    Last edited by cwustudent, Jun 7, 2013
    07jonesj and InterestingLurker like this.
  18. Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master

star 2
    "You should be more careful..."

[IMG]

Though I really want her story to be wrapped up, I'm not sure if that should happen in "Rebels". It seems kinda out of place considering it's about, well, the rebels. But if Maul should appear, I'd expect her too, since her storyline seems to be linked to his. I still want to know her plans for him!

Plus, it would be the one thing to look forward to for me. Right now I don't care for the series.

That is actually something I was wondering too. It seemed she had plans for Maul (and I hope it was not just to let him end up as Sidious' servant again), but disappeared right after his resurrection. Surely he wouldn't have just followed her plans, so maybe she let him try to build up the third party in war, because she knew he would not make it and lose everything to Sidious. We don't know what happens after "The Lawless", but maybe Maul can make his escape or something - and what would he do? He now knows he has no chance against Sidious - but he knows that Talzin helped him and Savage trusted her after all, so why should he not return to her? And that could be the point where he might follow her plans...
    Last edited by Dathomir-Witch, Jun 8, 2013
  19. Iron_lord Force Ghost

star 6
    Talzin doesn't seem to get mentioned at all in the very early Dark Times book, The Last Jedi- which focuses heavily on the Witches of Dathomir.
  20. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    This is kinda subjective, but it would be cool if she offered Vader to heal him, demanding in return that he leaves Palpatine and serves her instead. It would end with him choosing Palpatine and killing her, possibly through treachery.
    Darkslayer and fistofan1 like this.
  21. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Isn't it possible that Talzin is part of Palpatine's plans, just like the Trade Federation and the Separatists?
    I doubt Vader would kill her in that case.
    Last edited by darklordoftech, Jun 8, 2013
  22. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    If he thought that she was the losing party, he would definitely kill her. Would still be interesting because of how tempting her offer would be. Well, at least to me, because I am a huge fan of Vader and like when he is put into these situations.

If the Emperor and Talzin ever fight, he would have all the advantages. He has a huge army, very powerful darksiders and his own powers at his disposal. Talzin doesn't have all that much...
    Last edited by Darth_Pevra, Jun 8, 2013
  23. Circular Logic SWTV Interview Host

Game Host
    star 4
    I have a theory on why this happened. ;) I think Maul is really quite a bit of a misogynist. Even discounting his willful slaughter of an entire village of Raydonians, including numerous women and children, we witness Maul killing the Twi'lek Jedi Finn Ertay, Force-choking Bo-Katan, choking Sugi, and choking Satine before finally stabbing her just to make Obi-Wan suffer. Just from these scenes alone I can conclude that Maul really doesn't like women. Maybe he's just bitter that he no longer has a lower half... :p

Either way, Talzin knew to get the hell out of there!
  24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    Every time I think of Talzin and her witches... well... they do not feel right. I do not know why...
  25. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    I think it's an interesting thought. Still, I'd hope that Vader would be wise enough to divine that such an offer would amount to fool's gold and only play along long enough to turn the tables on Talzin and play the situation to his advantage.

I guess I'm not convinced that Talzin's Allyan Magic can anymore heal Vader's wounds than the dark side (or the galaxy's impressive medical technologies, for that matter) could, and my hope would be that Vader will have learned his lesson enough not to fall for such false promises anymore.
    Darth_Pevra likes this.