main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Talzin in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darklordoftech, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I never liked her or the witches in The Clone Wars, so I hope she doesn't have a big role in Rebels, but I don't mind mind if they take a couple of episodes to finish off her sorry, as long as she's not the main focus of the episodes, but maybe have something to do with Ventress or Maul and just give Talzin a role like she had in the Ventress/Maul arc in season four. I don't know how she's going to die if she's pretty much invincible, unless someone casts one of her spells on her or something like that.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well obviously he would do "the right thing" and chose Palpatine in the end, but it would still be an interesting situation ripe with conflict, especially if he played the role of double agent.

I think it would also be neat to see Talzin fall to Sith treachery after she herself played so many games with others.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  3. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I think it would be neat to see both Palpatine and Talzin be to Star Wars what Varys and Littlefinger are to Game of Thrones. Have them create schemes against each other. Perhaps Palps can even compliment Talzin on her skill at manipulation. I'd also like to see Vader come to his own as a manipulator in the series.

In regards to Vader being tempted, I hope that he's not shown to be so easily swayed and perhaps, in the end, plays Talzin. He could pretend to accept Talzin's offer, only to stab her in the back, metaphorically speaking(and maybe literally).

Darth_Pevra and Circular_Logic like this.
  4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    If Vader wants to be a real man cyborg, he'd stab Talzin through the front, like this:

[​IMG]

There are certainly many intriguing possibilities the series can take with Talzin's character, should she feature in any sort of role. Ultimately, what matters is that they resolve her fate before ANH and perhaps intertwine her story with the two Sith Lords (and Darth Maul, if necessary).

Edit: And for all her power, Talzin is to me the ultimate Squishy Mage. Powerful, but doomed if anyone gets close enough. So she can indeed go out like Old Daka.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If Talzin and Palps are enemies, there's definately been some cool ideas on this thread.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree here again. I think there could potentially be much to gain for all three characters.

The only point I was trying to make was that, while everybody knows Vader would have to eventually side with Sidious, my hope would be that, in such a situation, Vader will have learned from his dealings with Sidious and grown in wisdom enough to be able to see Talzin's hollow offer for what it is, right from the very beginning. I'd hate to think that he'd be gullible enough to actually fall for such empty promises a second time, honestly believing she could heal his injuries, before finally deciding that Talzin is unable to fulfill her end of the deal, and then ultimately siding with the Emperor.

Now if Talzin believes she's luring Vader with the promise of becoming whole again, but Vader is really only there in an attempt to discern whether or not she is potentially a powerful enough of an ally to help him topple Sidious, then I think that would be in line with the Vader we know and love.

I also like your idea of Vader playing the role of Imperial double agent, secretly feeding the Emperor the information Palpatine needs to deal properly with Talzin.

Now, there's no reason one couldn't combine the two roles, where Vader 'dutifully' reports his 'findings' to the Emperor, while at the same time, Vader is sizing up Talzin for his own selfish needs. In this case, Vader is not only betraying an unwitting Talzin, but his own master, also.

7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    If I were to write it, I would make it a bit ambiguous, so that the audience doesn't know whether he is fooled by Talzin or not. Or if he is really planning to betray the Emperor (while reporting to him).
    And then, all of a sudden, during the epic final confrontation of Talzin with the Emperor, he impales her with his red lightsaber and monologues about how he played her the entire time = instant awesomeness.

I agree with you that Vader shouldn't come off as gullible. He will probably play the fool to be underestimated by Talzin (she might think he is just a dumb brute) but he will definitely be a serious contender in this game.

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Vader obviously is quite gullible considering that he joined Sidious in the first place.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Yes, Anakin certainly fell for some... stuff as he was played like a lute by the devil.

That said, I'd like to think Vader will be shown to have learned from his past. I believe he grows into more than a lap-dog, or an enforcer, but it's imperative that we are shown this in Rebels. It's only one of the things we need to see from him in order to keep connecting the two trilogies, and to better complete his character arc.

I wish we had saved some of these things for the "Vader in Rebels" thread, though.

Darth_Pevra and darklordoftech like this.
  10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Where is Vader shown not to be gullible in the OT?

11. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    That's true, but then I don't really view PT-Anakin and Vader as the same person. I don't think it would be believable to have a gullible suited Vader either. The Empire is a snakes nest and gullible people don't survive, at least not in the higher echelons.

12. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    When he deals with Leia or when he makes sure the hyperdrive on the falcon is deactivated (showing that he expected betrayal by Lando).

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    "Vader is a Sith, and the Sith rule the Empire" is how I always saw the OT.

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    good points, but Palpatine could be advising Vader offscreen

15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Motti and Tarkin didn't seem too impressed with Vader being a Sith. I believe watching your own back permanently is the only way to survive in the galactic empire, no matter how high up you are.

The EU shows multiple assassination attempts as well.

16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    C'mon, that's not likely, is it? Palpatine has better things to do than hold the hand of his pupil all the time.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Except when that pupil is the Chosen One and the father of a Jedi whose leading the Rebellion

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Look, it's possible to invent all kinds of theories, but the OT didn't give the impression that Vader and Palpatine were communicating all the time. When Palpatine called in TESB it was presented as being a big deal. Vader's job is to squash all resistance to the imperial rule and hunt down Jedi and he wouldn't be useful if he needed his masters guidance all the time.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  19. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Agreed. It's possible to infer all sorts of things, I guess, but saying anything "could" have happened off-screen, minus any supportive evidence, doesn't get us anywhere. I simply don't feel that anything in ANH or ESB ever intended to imply that Vader was being micro-managed by Sidious in the examples you offered.

I'm not going to sit here and say my interpretation is right, and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong, but never once do I recall looking at OT Vader and saying to myself, "Now there's a real sucker!" (other than, as a viewer, thinking that any devotee of the dark side is a sucker for, you know, not 'seeing the light' - which, of course, Anakin eventually did).

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

BEST GRIEVOUS MOMENT IN A LONG TIME!!! Massacre made Grievous badaa again... especially how he pwnd the sisters of the night.

Most probably Talzin will never die or her fate will never be resolved.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Shall we see Talzin vs. Sidious? Shall the ST reveal that Sidious was possessed by Talzin?

22. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    She should show up again in Rebels in a story including Darth Maul so both of their fates can be resolved. I would like there to be a lot of OC lightsaber villains created for Rebels that can serve under Sidious and Vader.

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    This. I only want to see her if its for Sidious to put an end to her meddling, once and for all.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Talzin should appear in the upcoming series, to keep things fresh. Like in TCW, it was fresh to see the Nightsisters and the Mandos and not always see clones vs droids. In this case, it shouldn't always be Rebels vs Empire.

25. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Maybe they will one day retcon Talzin into Gethzerion. Maybe they are one and the same person?