main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Tampa Club

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by MusicJedi, Jun 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MusicJedi

MusicJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    We definately have to do something by then. It would be a shme if we didn't.

2. MusicJedi

Jan 5, 2001
    Alrighty, So Orlando is keen on the idea of having a Central Florida Chapter!!

WoooHooo!!! We can be Darth Jeb, or the Disney Sith or something. :)

3. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Walt Sithney? ;)

4. MusicJedi

Jan 5, 2001
    Oooooh good one!

Disney the Hutt?

5. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    You know, I am an Imperial and I take offence to being rolled together with Jeb. [face_mischief]

6. MusicJedi

Jan 5, 2001
    Mon Jebidiah? :D

7. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Jeb Fortuna.

8. MusicJedi

Jan 5, 2001
    Perfect!!! :D Hey yall! The Orlando side of the world is going to attempt to get together at Sci-Fi city after Dragon-con. I have no idea what the date is as of yet, but if you can make it, we could organise a chapter, and the fan-movie makers could have a few faces to select for thier pics. So sound off!!!!

A ring leader has not been chosen yet.
    We need a chosen one. :D

9. BIGBRET

BIGBRET Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2001
    Let me know as soon as you have some dates. Dragon con? there is a convention comoing to Orlando? Will it have SW?

10. NsyncJediKnight

NsyncJediKnight Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2001
    Yes i am a SW chic and also an Disney and NSYNC one also. neways, I am assuming that they will still have SW weekends. i have gone the past 2 years and its great. carrie fisher was kinda mean tho. they have like trivia games and ride a thons and parades and stuff. Each weekend has different characters/stars. the weekends are fri, sat, and sun. i loved going, i had a great time. my mom and i did the ride a thon last may and got 3rd prize. it was cool. and this year in the trivia contest, all entrants won a sw role playing game.

11. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Yeah, I heard Carrie Fisher is very rude. Supposedly complaining about "why she had to do this" (Quoted from my friend not her) among other things like weather and kids.

12. Tampa2000

Tampa2000 Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2001
    Does anyone have current info on a Tampa club? I would be interested in getting involved and know some other who would as well. If there is already someone organizing this, please let me know if anything is planned for the near future by replying to this post. Thanks.

13. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    yo guys, i go to school at fsu, but i am from tampa, its the only place for me. can i be included in this lil thing we got going here?

14. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hi Tampa2000 and JediLord. :)

As of right now, Tampa has not yet organized. I have high hopes that several Tampa folks will get a FanForce group up and running eventually.

As your FanForce South Regional Support Admin, I'm here to help out your forum in any way possible. If you need any information or help, please let me know. I can be reached via Private Message or e-mail at minacia@fanforce.net

15. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    The Orlando group got together Sunday for it's first meeting. Members came as far as Jacksonville and Melborne to attend and the turn out was better than expected. The next meeting is on Jan, 13 2002.
    Buzz

16. Tampa2000

Tampa2000 Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2001
    Jedilord,

I also went to FSU. Send me your email address if you like and we can discuss the formation of a club for Tampa so that we don't have to drive to Orlando. You, and any fan club member reading this, can reach me at EZseminole@aol.com

MusicJedi,

I will be emailing you soon about forming the Tampa club. I may be able to serve as organizer if necessary.

17. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    I am from Tampa. I think the best idea would be to merge with Orlando. They have several people already organized.

--Joey

18. Tampa2000

Tampa2000 Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2001
    I would like to participate in Orlando's club. Maybe Tampa people can learn how they organized it and eventually start one of our own. That might be more convenient for people in the long run who can't make the drive. What I'd like in the meantime is for there to be a group of people in Tampa who can get together for the premier of Episode 2 in May. If anyone reading this has plans or knows of an official premier in another city, and would like to get a bigger group together, post a message. Maybe a group could do a road trip to Orlando. Hope everyone has a great holiday.

19. shine

shine Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 5, 1999
    We should just have a Lakeland chapter and condense the two. ;)

20. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Ah Lakeland... Never had one SW thing when I've been there. :( Very boring... I'm going to be there for Christmas. :)

21. shine

shine Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 5, 1999
    It's not boring here, just nowhere to buy toys. ;)

22. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    What is there to do? I could use a heads up for when I am there next. :)

23. Joey7F

Apr 18, 2000
    It makes since to go to Orlando for the premier. I think they have the best theaters. Plus, I am pretty sure they are projecting digitally in Downtown Disney.

--Joey

24. Song_of_the_Jedi

Song_of_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2002
    Hey guys,

Pinellas Park / Clearwater checking in here!

There have to be more die hard SW fanatics than this! Come on! Recruit your friends!

So, do we have any of the following yet:
    1. a name?
    2. a meeting place / time?
    3. plans for May 15/16?

Regarding the name, I personally don't think we should mention any current political figures, because in a few years, they'll be oujt of office and the name will seem silly and dated. The other common idea was to include Disney in the name: not that great of an idea either, since Disney and Lucasfilm are rivals in the same market. There have to be other things more common to Central Florida than Disney and Jeb Bush (ick!)

As for a meeting place, somewhere in Tampa is probably the most central location to the entire Bay Area, unless of course we're going to hook up with Orlando and Lakeland and form a Central Florida club. Then we might have to vary the meeting place from event to event.

Having read the Orlando board this evening, I totally love the idea of the Orlando Meet and Geek Out on May 15. If I can take the following morning off of work, I'm so there.

For those of us who can't get to Orlando (and I might be one of them, depending on my schedule), we should check out the possibility of digital screening at the Muvico Ybor and the Muvico Baywalk theatres. Since they're the newest around, they just might have plans to install digital theatres by May 15 if they don't already. They're going to have to before May 2005, so why not now and score the extra revenue?

Okay, I'll stop here and let someone else post... but I have a lot more SW stuff to talk about!!!

Peace and prosperity in this New Year!!!

25. Joey7F

Apr 18, 2000
    I know for sure downtown disney has a digital projector, whether or not they will be showing Ep2 digitally, I am not sure.

I think the key thing is to remain flexible. If Tampa is not doing it digitally, then Orlando would be a good place, and vice versa. However, I think combining The end points of the I-4 corridor would be a good idea.

--Joey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.