main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Tampa Star Wars Club

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JGordon24, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Wyman

Chris Wyman Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2008
    Hey guys, I wanted to start a new thread just for our club here in Tampa. The Tampa Star Wars Club has been going strong since April of 2006. We just wrapped up our September meeting last night and it was a blast! Thank you to everyone that joined us.

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a100/JGordon24/DSC08619.jpg]

Our next meeting will be October 18th beginning at 4:00pm in the Citrus Park Mall food court. Members are encouraged to bring their newest acquisition, most favorite piece or anything Star Wars related to show off and discuss with others. We always have a great time seeing what everyone brings out to the meeting. Buying/Selling/Trading is also encouraged. Topics of discussion always range from the movies to Expanded Universe books and video games, conventions, costuming and much, much more.

One of the benefits of holding these meetings in the food court at the mall is having all the different types of food available. There's literally something for everyone.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Hope to see you at the next meeting!

2. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    Hey guys I have been part of the collecting group for awhile and it is alot of fun. Would love to see everyone come out for the next meeting in October.

3. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Well guess what you guys its time for a reunion of this group so lets come together for this. I know alot of us went diffrent ways and some of us joined the dark side with the 501st but lets make this happen ok. We will be there, oh by the way Im postting this under Denise's name. If you still have an old TDB1138 shirt try to wear it ok we will.

4. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    That post above is mine, I remebered my old screen name and password, been awhile.

5. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Here it is guys!

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a100/JGordon24/NWNEWS_10-04_1.jpg]

6. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    Great exposure for the group. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 18th.

7. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Yes, I'm hoping for another great turn out next Saturday. See you then, Matt.

8. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Good going guys. I am glad to see that there are still a few making use of this forum. It is a wonderful tool for contact and I am glad to see it is still alive. If you have anything like banners or meeting announcements you want posted in the marquee, just let me know and I will forward the info to the proper channels.

9. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Thanks!

By all means, I'd love if we could post info about the next TSWCC meeting on October 18th. We start at 4:00pm at the Citrus Park Mall in the food court next to the Regal movie theater. Let me know if you need more details. [face_peace]

10. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Already sent it off to be added.
    Do you want to change the chapter name to the Tampa Star Wars Club or do you want to go ahead and used the established Tampa Docking Bay 1138? I can post a poll here for a vote if you like.

11. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Personally, I'd like to keep it as "The Tampa Star Wars Club". The general public may not understand exactly what it is when they see it advertised as "Tampa Docking Bay 1138". Ever since I started this club three years ago, I've been advertising in the local comic shops, online on several websites and now in the newspaper as the TSWCC.

Other thoughts?

12. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Sounds good to me.

13. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    There you go guys updated and in the events page for the fanforce. THe marquee shows the next metting.

14. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Awesome! Are you keeping the forum title the same or getting that changed as well?

15. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Sounds like fun, guys! :D

As far as changing the name of the group goes, I'd suggest taking it to a poll/vote. If you change your name, it will be the name for the whole Fan Force Chapter and a group vote would be the most diplomatic way to go about it.

16. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Actually this is two separate groups which have some overlapping members participating in both. The original group has somewhat dwindled due to past complications. Being that the TSWC have issued invites on this board and some of our folks have attended, I don't want to confuse anyone thinking it is one group. The marquee announcement should read "The Tampa Docking Bay 1138 would like to announce that the Tampa Star Wars Club will be meeting at the Citrus Park Mall Food Court on October 18th beginning at 4:00 pm." We would like to show our support of this group that has been meeting together for 3 years and possibly join forces to enlarge the community of collectors and enthusiasts in the area. In any case my job is simply to moderate and represent the Tampa Bay area here on this forum.

17. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Good post, Denise. The TSWC is most appreciative of the advertising for our upcoming meeting and we very much look forward to what the future might hold for both groups.

See you all on Saturday! [face_peace]

18. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Thank you denise for clarifying. It was starting to feel like 2003 all over again... LOL

19. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    We'll never go down that road again....ding dong the Moff is gone, the wicked Moff....ding dong the wicked Moff is gone...
    No really, the future here is just a jumping off point for the Tampa Bay Area to keep the SW alive and well and fun in our community.
    and see...the marquee is reading more acurately.....

20. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Just a bump to remind everyone about this. Ross and I will be heading over as soon as he gets out of the shower and gets dressed.

21. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Sorry...meant to bump this up last night! I will see you guys in a bit. [face_peace]

22. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    It was really great meeting you guys and hope to see you in the future. I love the Dooku and Ventress statue. It was beautiful.

23. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Awesome meeting you and Ross! Thank you for coming. I'll post some pictures of the meeting soon.

24. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Just let me know when the next meeting is and I will make sure the marquee gets changed. The weekend of the 15th we will be in WestPalm/Miami Beach area at another event.

25. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Hey missed you guys, Matt and Jace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.