main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Tampa Star Wars Club

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JGordon24, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Sorry, I was in Arizona. I will make my best effort to attend the next meeting.

2. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    Had to work late, couldn't come :( Next time

3. jedi-knight-FL

jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    I'm sorry I couldn't make it this time, I was on the sidelines with an injury, but I'm better now and look forward to the next meeting.

4. Chris Wyman

Chris Wyman Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2008
    Hey guys, no worries. There's always the next meeting. [face_dancing]

5. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Good evening everyone!

I wanted to let you know that this months meeting will be a little different. Instead of meeting at the Citrus Park Mall as usual, we will be celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the Star Wars Holiday Special at the home of Campbell, the President of the Orlando System. He has extended an invitation to the TSWC to once again, join in the fun. What this means is that there will be no meeting in Tampa for the month of November at all. If you are interested in joining us in Orlando, please let me know and I will make sure you get directions on how to get there. If enough of you want to go, I will offer to drive as I have access to a large 10 passenger van. Please let me know if you will be attending by Monday, November 10th so I can plan accordingly.

Just to not scare anyone away, we won?t actually be sitting down and watching the full run of the Holiday Special. While it will be on, normal conversations and show and tell will take place as always. Come on out and join us for a night of Star Wars! Hope to see you there.

May The Force Be With you?Always.

6. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    You forgot to say what date the event would be itself.

7. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    :oops:

Sorry about that! It was last night.

We will definitely be having a big get together in December for the TSWC, so have no fear! I will announce the date very soon.

8. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Good evening everyone!

I wanted to get this information out as soon as possible so anyone that needs to can request time off from work and make plans to join us.

Our next meeting will be Saturday, December 13th at 2:00pm. I do apologize in advance if you can not make it because of work. I?m hoping that 23 days notice will be enough time for a time-off request if need be. I?ve added some new people to the mailing list over the last few weeks, so I will go over the details.

We will be meeting at the Citrus Park Mall in the food court right next to the Regal Cinemas movie theater. There are plenty of restaurants to eat at and there is plenty of room to bring items to buy/sell/trade or just to show off.

We will be doing another round of Star Wars Trivia, so brush up on your Star Wars knowledge and you could win some very cool prizes. This will be our final event of 2008, so I want to make it as fun and exciting as possible by having as many people as ever. I?ve extended an invitation to the Orlando System, so if all goes according to plan, we?ll be joined by several new members. If you have any questions, please let me know. Have a great weekend guys!

9. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Hey guys, just one last quick reminder about tomorrow afternoon?s meeting. We will congregate beginning at 2:00pm right next to the Regal movie theater in the Citrus Park Mall food court.

FYI: If you have any toys that you would like to donate to Toys For Tots, please bring them with you and we will make sure they are dropped off at the appropriate location.

I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow and for those that can?t make it this time, have a great weekend and we?ll see you next time!

10. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    The TSWC will be joining the Orlando System on January 24th in Orlando at the Mall at Millenia beginning at 2:00pm. Hope to see everyone there! For more details, visit www.OrlandoSystem.com

11. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Just a quick reminder about this coming Saturday's meeting at the Mall at Millenia in Orlando. We'll be meeting at 2:00pm in the food court. Hope to see you there!

12. San_Tomo

San_Tomo Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2009
    Hello,

I'm new as you all can tell...I was wondering if there is a next meeting planned for the club?

Thanks,

San Tomo

13. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Hi San! Welcome to the boards. The next SWGFA group event will be The FX Show in Orlando on April 18th. We are in the process of scheduling an event in Port Saint Lucie for the month of May or June and of course, we'll be attending Star War Weekends as well.

As for the next Tampa event, a date has not been set yet. If you'd like to be put on the mailing list, PM me your email address and this will keep you up to date on everything going on.

14. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'll see you all there on the 18th- looking forward to it.

Till then, anyone in the Tampa area, or anywhere in Florida, is welcome on the SWGFA.com site. In support of all Florida fans, it's a growing message board to foster the Star Wars Fan Community around the Sunshine State.

15. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    We'll probably be there Saturday with the 501st. Looking forward to seeing ya.

16. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Cool, look forward to seeing you, Denise!

17. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Looks like Ross and I will be missing the FX event. WE are gonna be tied up with some things at home and Ross is working Sunday.

18. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Good evening everyone!

Just a quick reminder about our May event in Port Saint Lucie, FL. We will be meeting at the home of SWGFA member Rich. He has been kind enough to open up his home for us on Sunday, May 17th. If you are planning on attending, please PM me back and I will send you the physical address.

I will be leaving Tampa at 9:00am that morning and picking up any and all who will be joining us from Orlando. I?ll be in a large van with plenty of room. If you would like to ride out there us, please RSVP so I know exactly how many people I?ll be picking up and?so I can let Rich know how many to expect. Our target arrival time is 1:00pm. Also, please feel free to bring your collectibles to show off. Rich has told me that he has room for members to set up pieces and put them on display for the afternoon. This is encouraged! One of the coolest things we do is our show and tell getting to see some amazing pieces along the way.

19. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    The next SWGFA event has been announced! We will be meeting in Orlando on Saturday, August 8th at 5:30pm at the home of SWGFA Member Sharon. A huge thank you to Sharon for opening up her home to us! We will be doing this potluck style to alleviate the burden of one person having to provide food for everyone. As always, everyone is encouraged to bring something to show off be it your newest acquisition, your most prized possession or simply something you think others might enjoy seeing. This is your 44 day notice! Please mark your calendars and make plans to join us for this special event.

For directions and any other questions, please let me know. I will be offering a ride to anyone in the Tampa area that needs one.

20. Darth_Xanthus

Darth_Xanthus Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2008
    Boy elite privlege to PM on this forum......LAME

I guess 20 trash posts are coming soon.

In any case, I have a small club of folks here in Tampa and we were just wondering what the rest of you all were up to. We are making our public entry into fandom at this years Dragon Con.

I guess reply to me here as I likely am not cool enough to reply to a PM here.

Since my choices for private conversations are to make 20 garbage posts or use somewhere else I guess this link is needed http://www.starwarsspace.net/profile/DarthXanthus.

Hope to hear from someone.
    X

21. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Darth_Xanthus, my email address is in my profile if you'd like to find out more information regarding the SWGFA.

22. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    What the hell are you babbling about? You have a grand total of FOUR posts, i'm not suggesting that is reason to ignore your PM's if anyone has, but if you want to get involved, maybe post more. Dont get me wrong, i'm not even involved in Star Wars fandom in ANY WAY anymore but i do check the forums occasionally and when i see somebody post THREE times (two of which in another forum...) and then get snippy in the FOURTH post, it reminds me why i got out in the first place.

1 "trash post" down, hopefully 19 more to come.

23. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
  24. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    For those riding with me this afternoon, see you in a bit. To everyone else, hope to see you at the next meeting which WILL be held here in Tampa. Stay tuned for further details.

25. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    The SWGFA end-of-the-year event date has been set! Join us on Saturday, November 21st starting at 5:00pm at the home of Will & Alex Eveland in Saint Petersburg. (Directions will be posted soon)

For those attending from the east coast and middle of the state, car pooling is a great idea to save on fuel costs. I've already heard from three people interested in car pooling from the Orlando area, so if this is something you are interested in doing, please let me know. If need be, I can also drive members from the Tampa area that afternoon as well.

This is very important: If you are planning on attending, please let me know. I need to get a head count so we know how many to expect. We'll be doing this pot luck style again just like the last event. That seemed to work very well. If you are coming, please let me know what you'll be bringing so I can let others know what we might still need when they ask. You can also discuss what you'll be bringing here in this thread.

Suggested Needs:

Paper plates
    Plastic silverware
    Plastic cups
    Ice
    Drinks (Water, soda, juice, etc.)
    Snacks (Chips, pretzels, dip, cookies, etc.)
    Food (pizza, soup, pasta, hamburgers, hot dogs, tacos, chicken tenders, wings, etc.)
    Desert (Ice cream, cake, pie, popsicles, etc.)

Again, I'd love to see as many as possible attend, so if you have an issue getting there, please let me know and we'll figure something out. Let's sign off on 2009 with a bang!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.