Story [Tangled] A Chat With the King (Movie Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Miana Kenobi, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    I'm not super happy with this, since their convo kept going in different directions, but it was a fun vig to write.

Also, until Disney lets slip what the king and queen's names are supposed to be, I didn't want to guess so he's just referred to as the king.

Title: A Chat with the King
    Timeframe: A week prior to returning to the palace
    Characters: Flynn/Eugene, The King

Flynn Rider was a man without fear. Nothing he faced could faze him; no matter how desperate the situation, all he needed was his sharp mind and equally sharp tongue and he would triumph. Neither beast nor man could startle him. From the most dangerous of criminals to the highest of royalty, he approached each encounter with the same calm demeanor.

Eugene Fitzherbert, however, was a different story.

His hands absentmindedly tugged at the clean shirt and vest that he had been given to wear. It was made from fabric far grander than he had ever worn before, and several others like it now sat at the end of his bed. He should have felt happy upon receiving such a gift. Instead, he was terrified.

His mind was still clouded in a strange haze. Just several days before, he had been stealing the crown jewels from the palace and running from his life. Now he was a welcome guest in that same palace, favored by the king and queen, and residing in the finest guest suite that the castle possessed with a view of the lake that was to die for. He wondered if even his esteemed hosts had a view as grand as his.

His mind echoed his proclamation just days before of wanting a castle. How ironic it seemed now.

He felt so out of place in the palace. Several times he had caught himself ducking around corners out of habit whenever the guards approached. A small portion of his mind had eyed the silver and gold platters at the previous night?s dinner and wondered how much they could be sold for to the right people.

His only comfort was the knowledge that he was not the only one having trouble adapting.

While Rapunzel definitely had the natural grace born of a Princess, she certainly had never learned social formalities in her years under Mother Gothel. Her resistance to shoes might have been adorable had she not had a crying meltdown upon first attempting to put them on. Another meltdown was narrowly avoided at the first formal dinner she attended upon learning that there was a correct order and way one was supposed to eat, including how much wine one should sip at a time and which fork one used for different foods. Not to mention her small panic attacks when she combed her hair and forgot that she no longer possessed her 70-foot golden chain, or when she lamented being once more up in a tower.

Yet she was learning, which made him try his hardest to learn how to once more be a normal human being. Whatever that meant.

However, he noticed a growing unpleasant sensation as each day passed at the palace. At first he passed it off as discomfort at such a strange environment that he was not used to. Yet as it continued to grow, it took a more familiar shape that he was eventually able to name; guilt. Rapunzel deserved this new found life of comfort; he did not.

After a week of being pampered, waited on, and fussed over, Eugene knew something had to be done to ease his growing guilt. He had not spoken to Rapunzel about it; she was stressed enough trying to become accustomed to her new life and parents.

He could not deny the stab of jealousy he had felt at their reunion. His own parents had abandoned him; he doubted he would ever get to feel what it was like to be drawn into the arms of the two people who had created you, who still wanted you, who had not left you on purpose.

The queen had pulled him into their group embrace as well, causing emotions to stir within Eugene that he thought he had buried long before. They were not his parents, but for just a moment, he had felt what it might possibly be like to have parents who loved him.

His growing respect for the king and queen was what prompted his reques
  2. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Not supper happy with this?? But it's so adorable. [face_love] I am so glad to see stories for this flick! [face_dancing]

Your Eugene was adorable. It was great to showcase his guilt and his unease with palace life, and his conversation with her dad was priceless to read. [face_love]

The king smiled in slight amusement. ?My wife and I were under the impression that you were going to ask me for my daughter?s hand.?

I thought the same thing with the title of the fic. [face_Whistling] [face_love]

?Every moment of every day. I probably would be off in some seedy tavern looking for work or ducking the law.? He smiled broadly and inhaled the sea air with a deep breath. ?Stealing that crown was the best thing that ever happened to me.?

The king cocked an eyebrow at the remark. ?Because it got you here??

Eugene?s smile faded to one of contentment as he eyed the king. ?No. Because it brought me to her.?

Completely melted and muddled fairytale mush you have made of me!! [face_love] That was just . . . perfect. :p

Thanks so much for this! =D=

[:D]

~MJ @};-
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.