main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Tangled] "and lastly, of knowing", The King/Queen, oneshot

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    ?and lastly, of knowing?

Genre: Drama, Romance
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: Missing scenes
    Characters: The Queen/King

Summary: For years, she has believed in the certainty that a glance was all it took.

Notes: Yep. Mira is writing for the fairy tale. :cool: But, in my defense, this was one of he best cartoons I have seen in a long, loooong time. It had that old Disney magic with that new kinda spunk - with awesome sing-alongs, and enough moments to make you laugh and cry and . . . Basically, if you haven't seen it. You should. Like . . . now. :p

This fic was spawned by the sheer beauty that was the King/Queen interaction during the lantern scene. But, as Mira's muse is nothing but predictable, one short expansion turned into an entire backstory. Yeeeah. o_O

For names, since none were provided, I gave the King the name Alun ? for 'rock' in Welsh. And the Queen I named Heulyn ? which means 'ray of sun', in the same tongue. Or so says the name website that I gleaned them from. ;) I thought they were pretty fitting. :p

Disclaimer: Nothing is mine, but for the words. [face_love]

[blockquote][i]?and lastly, of knowing?
    by Mira_Jade[/i][/blockquote]

Their shadows were long and graceful in the warm light; spilling over the white stones from the lanterns and torches above. It was somewhat of a game for her ? for them - to skip through the shadows to the stones that were lit; his hand firm in hers the whole of the time through.

Upon the eve of his seventeenth birthday, the lavish celebration that they both sought to escape was less of a birthday party and more of a marital market for the Prince. With the old king in declining health, and high spirits ? eager to see his son wed and ready to take the throne before he passed on, every lovely young maiden in the kingdom of Corona was invited in order to tempt the young prince's heart.

Strong of gaze, but quiet in front of the masses, Heulyn had not minded when the Prince had preferred chasing shadows with her over mingling with the masses of young noblewoman. She, the daughter of a Count who held his riches in land holdings rather than gold, was low on the list of considerable candidates for the Prince, but as a daughter of the Court, she had spent most of her life by Alun's side. As children they had often stolen away from such gatherings, and now the years between those memories had yet to make little difference.

?Remember how we used to search the alcoves for rendezvousing couples?? she asked as she skipped from stone to stone, her hand still in his as her eyes twinkled in the lamplight ? like sunlight in the spring.

?I remember you prancing from hiding place to hiding place ? and I bidding you to leave the pour souls you found alone,? Alun countered, his deep voice gentle.

She smiled brilliantly. ?The Duchess of Morgan and her stableboy? I didn't think it was possible for them to hold an embrace for that long without coming up for air.?

?If I recall correctly, that is exactly what you said to them,? Alun said gently. ?She turned a shade of red to match her dress.?

?I did, didn't I?? she remembered with a smile. Her smile slowly faded as her mind weighed her step with more serious thoughts. ?The Duchess' daughter is here tonight,? she said carefully, her voice the political nothing of a Lady of the Court. ?And she looks lovely.?

?The Duchess' daughter is fourteen, and my cousin,? Alun countered. ?I believe my father would not begrudge me looking elsewhere for a bride.?

?Lady Reanna then?? Heulyn continued. ?She is quite the catch ? and many speak of her beauty. All of that golden hair . . .?

?I have always favored brunettes myself,? Alun said playfully.

?Then Lady Gwyenne for certain,? she said. ?She has the appearance of an Elven lady, and her voice is beyond compare in the kingdom.?

?She does have a very pretty song,? Alun agreed.

Heulyn felt a stab of [i]something[/i] steal through her at that. ?I have always foun

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    The title and the names you give the queen/king are wonderful.

You write so beautifully and lyrically. I could almost believe you wrote the screen play.

@};-

=D=
    =D=

The lovely lantern scene -- marvelous! =D=

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Tangled is so good!! And so is this story :D I love seeing their relationship grow and change, and watch how they had to deal with the loss of their daughter. Very good!!

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I loved this! Beautifully done, Mira!

5. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    So I just saw Tangled last night. And it was amazing. But you have done something absolutely terrible to me.

You gave me inspiration.

Lol. Now I have a Tangled plot bunny raging to get out of me. All because of you.

:mad: I'm supposed to write Angst! I'm a man we don't write fanfiction for chick-flicks [face_laugh]

But this story was amazingly well written and so heart wrnching/heart warming.

Beautiful job with this and I look foreward to any otherstories you write. For Tangled or others.

6. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    I loved Tangled as well, and this was very well done!

As for me, I don't mind adding some romantic scenes, I pretty much add a few in all my stories, including Superman and How to Train Your dragon. You've got to have some kind of romance to make the story interesting.

It's not unheard of that a man write mushy stuff, just look at Nicolas Sparks.

7. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I finally finally watched Tangled.

And I Loved it!

And you did a great jobs of capturing the love between the King and the Queen, and then their pain...and their joy!

Now, my dear, you need to stop giving me insipiration!

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Haven't gotten to see Tangled yet, but loved this. :) Well done, Mira. :)

9. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    Beautiful! Amazing! Stupendous!

Lol. I was talking to my brother yesterday about maybe doing a new story with the Lanterns involved!

But do you think you would be up for another? I'm dying for someone to write one about Pascal and her first meeting!

10. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    I'm now on another Tangled kick. Lol. So I dedided to read your story again!

And I loved it even more this time around! Your portrayal of the king and queen was exqusite!

Beautiful emotional depth here and a marvolous read!

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I can't believe I haven't commented yet!

This is such a gorgeous vignette, Mira. I really love how you interweave all these moments between the king and the queen in chronological order, all leading up to that final moment when Rapunzel is returned to them. It's so lovely... brilliant job. [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.