main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Tangled] at moments after I have dreamed (Shakespearean Quote Roulette; romance, Rapunzel/Eugene)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Title: ?at moments after I have dreamed"
    Author: Idrelle_Miocovani
    Fandom: Tangled
    Genre: romance, drama
    Characters: Eugene/Flynn, Rapunzel
    Summary: When Rapunzel accidentally ends up in Eugene's room at night frightened of the hand life has dealt her, Eugene has a few comforting words for her - only if he isn't too distracted by the one question he's dying to ask her.
    Notes: Written for the Shakespearean Quote Roulette. I have #34. Anyway, since I really love Tangled, I decided to have a bit of fun with Rapunzel and Eugene/Flynn. I'm curious about scenes that may have occurred between the reunion of Rapunzel and her parents and the very, very end celebration of the film, or after the film proper, especially the bit which implies Eugene asked Rapunzel to marry him more than once.

Right now, this is a stand-alone vignette, but I may expand the idea later. The title comes from an e.e. cummings poem, it is at moments after i have dreamed. If you want inspiration (especially for lower case titles, which are stylistically awesome and my new favourite thing ? thanks for the heads up, Mira!), this is one poet you should definitely look to!

Enjoy! [:D]

[blockquote][b]?at moments after I have dreamed?[/b][/blockquote]

[i]?Why then, can one desire too much of a good thing?? As You Like It, IV.i.124.[/i]

Eugene loved to sleep.

It wasn?t that he was fundamentally lazy (he wasn?t ? though admittedly, he could get used to meals whenever he wanted them, rooms larger than any village inn all to himself, and generally having everything handed to him on a silver platter by a handful of personal servants); it was just that he did enjoy being comfortable. Plus, with sleep came dreams, which had been unusually pleasant lately. A second plus was that while he was living in the castle as the royal family?s honoured guest, he didn?t really have to worry about people trying to slit his throat while he was unconscious.

However, that didn?t mean the instincts weren?t still there.

He was in the middle of a dream involving Rapunzel, a large amount of cake batter and a series of events he was going to keep strictly private when he was rudely woken by those overly jumpy instincts of his. He shot out of bed, grabbed a dagger from under the mattress and landed, crouched, on the floor. He of all people should know a castle wasn?t invincible, as much as he liked to pretend it was. If he had been able to infiltrate it, someone else would have figured it out as well.

He just didn?t expect them to do so as quickly. His infiltration, after all, had been very, very clever.

He caught sight of a shadow passing in his peripheral vision; he spun around to face the opposite wall, but came across nothing by a flapping tapestry. The window was open, bringing in a fresh breeze along with a stream of bright moonlight.

There was a slight movement behind him, and again he spun around, only to see nothing. He frowned. Someone was here, he just couldn?t tell where exactly yet. Whoever they were, they were certainly light on there feet.

[i]?Eugene.?[/i]

He spun, dagger poised to strike, and saw a shadow flit across the wall again. It was small and fast. A child thief, perhaps?

Behind him, something crashed to the floor.

[i]?Eugene!?[/i]

He spun again and nearly dropped the dagger. He blinked, surprised.

??Rapunzel? What? are you doing??

She didn?t have a very pleased expression on her face. In fact, she looked rather cross. ?I was going to ask you the same thing.?

He stared at her.

She stared back at him.

He sighed, shaking his head and setting the dagger aside. ?Let me help you with that.?

Rapunzel frowned, struggling with her position, but eventually allowed him to approach. She had fallen sideways into the corridor of moonlight shining in through the open window, her movements impeded by a large, thick rope that had somehow been wrapped completely around her torso. Its end lay on the floor,

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh that was fun!! Eugene is a trip!!! He makes me laugh too.

I squeed, oh yes when he finally got the words out, and then my heart sank too with her answer.

But I'm still gooified and that only means -- [face_dancing] sequel time LOL

[:D]

!!!!!
    [face_love]
    !!!

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Right now, this is a stand-alone vignette, but I may expand the idea later.

You mean there might be more Eugene-asking-Rapunzel-to-marry-him-and-falling-flat-on-his-face-stories as time goes by? :D Oh yeah. Count me in. :D

The title comes from an e.e. cummings poem, it is at moments after i have dreamed. If you want inspiration (especially for lower case titles, which are stylistically awesome and my new favourite thing ? thanks for the heads up, Mira!), this is one poet you should definitely look to!

I approve so very much of everything lower case and cummings inspired (says the girl who has stolen from the poem in question before. [face_laugh]:oops:). And may I also suggest Pablo Neruda and Richard Sikin (but be careful with the latter one - he is modern, and a lot of his poems cover uncomfortable things. But still - so much pretty melancholy to be found with him!) if one is looking for inspiration worthy poets. :cool: They are brilliant as well. [face_love]

And then for the viggie: this was lovely! I loved the banter, and Eugene's rambling, and just how fierce Rapunzel was. She was going to scale the castle. With a rope. Which she had 'borrowed.' Oh yes, that was just too perfect. The subsequent 'talk it out' and revealing of every insecurity that you know she had to be feeling coupled with a few of his own was made perfect with the 'dream' lines. Oh yeah, I was a complete puddle of melted mush at the end. [face_love]

And then:

To hell with the right moment. He just needed to say it.

?Rapunzel, will you marry me??

The corners of her lips turned upwards and her eyes widened. She placed a hand against his face and kissed him, gently murmuring her answer in his ear.

And his heart fell.

Damn.

It wasn?t quite the right moment ? but he knew that even if she was not ready now, eventually she would be. The right moment would come, and he would keep on asking until she gave him the answer he so longed to hear.

[face_laugh][face_love]

So perfectly them! [face_love]

I am enjoying your Tangled phase like nothing else, Idri. :D

[:D]

~MJ @};-

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Someone sure seems to like Tangled :p (Which is excellent, because so do I :D )

This is so cute!! I love the Eugene and Rapunzel banter [face_love] Eugene is hilarious :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.