main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tantine IV extras!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by aisincl, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aisincl

aisincl Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2004
    OK, so my stance is that the tone for this entire universe is set in the first ten minutes of ANH. The initial blasting, the evil of the empire, the seriousness of this story is clear onboard the Tantine IV.

I want to know what stuff should be added to the opening up until DV barks out "there will be no-one to stop us this time".

Specifically, is there additional content on the choking of Captain Antilles?

And what's going onboard the ship while Leia hides the plans in R2?

Anyone know links or answers to this?

2. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    I want to know what stuff should be added to the opening up until DV barks out "there will be no-one to stop us this time".

Nothing should be added.

Why would you even want to?

3. aisincl

aisincl Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2004
    Cause they go into choppy sequences like when DV steps onboard. I wanna see where the captured rebels go, just extend the ruthlessness of the beginning.

4. geordiejedi1982

geordiejedi1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    I'm a little unclear what it is you're asking:
    1) Are you asking what people think should be added to the initial scene? If thats the case, I don't think anything should be added, it pretty much does the job just fine.
    2) Are you asking if any additional footage was shot or intended for shooting for these scenes? If so, as far as I know there wasn't, though I'm sure someone else can fill you in better than I.
    3) Are you suggesting new footage be done for the DVD's? If so there's a thread for that elsewhere.

Hope one of those answers is useful!

EDIT: Just seen your other post, sounds like my first answer is what you were looking for. I think the chopping around works well, because this is a desperate initial situation. The imperials have captured the ship and the rebels are in disarray.

5. C6P6H6

C6P6H6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    I think I understand where you're going with this. I would love to see the stormtroopers and Imperials running around the ship going thru the military search and destroy drills. It would be cool if they added ARC troopers from Clone Wars.

6. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    ^^ Oh, I get it now.

Yeah, the search should be extended to real time! We should see every trooper search the entire four deck 150 meter ship! A two hour begining would be so cool!
    And we could have ARC troopers drop in from the 10 foot ceiling on zip lines! And zero-g troopers peeking in the windows! Hell, Captain Antilles should be removed, and a CGI Yaddel put in his place to duel with Vader!

The OT is fine the way it is.

7. JediNdaCity

JediNdaCity Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    I think I get what he is saying because I noticed this also. It's a classic opening when Vader steps onboard, but it's a weird edit if you look more closely. Like something got cut for time. I don't think it needs to be extended though. It's fine as is. Just a very different edit for the entrance of the main villian.
    Which probably is from Marcia Lucas' editng style.
    But that's why Star Wars is one of the greatest films of all times. Because of these little differences from the norm.

8. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    *sigh*

Why do you want to change stuff for no reason?

Maybe the SE could have been good if it didn't seem they were changing stuff for no reason.

9. sweetcaroline

sweetcaroline Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2004
    *thinking, "please don't change the beginning, please don't change the beginning...."* [-o|

10. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    The original trilogy is not a work in progress.

11. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    DS615, you had me and my friends howling in laughter on the floor with your last post. I was just picturing how funny it would be......

12. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Cause they go into choppy sequences like when DV steps onboard."

What the hell is a "choppy sequence"? And you make no sense whatsoever: you love the opening of ANH, but you want to change it. Right.

P.S. Kudos to DS615 for using sarcasm to convey his point, it even made me laugh. I agree with you completely, anyways.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    There's nothing wrong with the opening of ANH. Like you said in your initial post - it's a great sequence. No need to fix something that's not broken.

14. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    The only acceptable change, in my opionion, is that they should play the Imperial March/Vader's theme when he boards the Tantive IV.

15. aisincl

aisincl Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2004
    "I was killing your kind back when
    being a Jedi meant something."
    - Jabba the Hutt

Wow DS615, you really are the man! Your sarcasm would be good enough for last comic standing.

You could open with "hey, what's the deal with stormtroopers and the way they come onto the Tantine IV." the whole room would erupt. Why not just start a TV show called "sarcasm on message boards" . you'll be on the cover of PEOPLE in no time.

I find it amazing how people like you sit behind a monitor and make yourself into some king with those arrogant posts. My friends have been laughing at you all day trying to see if we can a picture of you.

16. swanarchy

swanarchy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    you and you friends laughing... DS615 had one of the best funniest post on here. it was great. The opening is fine the way it is, why mess with it, it isnt ment to be mest with, view it like it was ment to be viewed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.