main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tapatalk and Forum Runner mobile apps now supported

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 3, 2012.

1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I consistently have that issue with the Shelf of Shame thread, among others,for Tapatalk on the iPhone.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm getting the same issue with the Nfl thread. I get a notification saying there is a new post but it takes me to a blank page and then I have to back track.

Edit: forgot to mention I am on tapatalk for iPhone.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah I thought I had that one figures out. Before, I thought the blank page meant that the precious page was full and therefore the next post would go to the new page. In my first two tests this was the case.

However, since then, it's done it to me a lot where there will be a blank last page and the previous will have as little as 2 posts sometimes.

Tapatalk for iPhone, btw.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Tapatalk for iPhone here as well, and I've had as many as 15 blank pages pop up in long threads.

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The episode VII board isn't showing up on tapatalk.

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    You might just need to refresh it or close the app and re-open it. Others who are using tapatalk, like PrincessKenobi, can see it just fine.

7. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Why not a mobile version of the site itself?

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've been able to see the Episode VII thread in Tapatalk.

I did have a weird issue today where I had to keep logging in though. I'm sure that's unrelated to the Episode VII thread and may have had much to do with the fact that I was in an area without a great connection.

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Updated the board to the latest version of Tapatalk. Please post here if you find anything wrong.

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Still experiencing the extra blank pages at the end of threads. Does anyone use Forumrunner and knows if this happens? I'm so tired of it with Tapatalk.

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I believe I've seen it on both. Still unsure as to what's causing it to be honest.

12. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Sometimes I'm still not able to see the last page of a thread in tapatalk, too. Just happened in the NFL thread.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It's gotten much better lately, one blank page as opposed to 15 of them.

14. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I've noticed on tapatalk it is not always allowing me to see my Private Conversations.

15. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I can't see things in spoiler tags. There used to not be spoiler tags and now the buttons are there but it wont show the whole message I am getting about six words.

(mobile sock of s65horsey)

16. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    There is a new version that just came out a day or two ago that is supposed to address bbcodes. Maybe it'll work better after we upgrade.

17. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I suspect the blank pages thing on tapatalk is caused by threads with a high page count, that seems to be what triggers it for me.

18. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Yep, seems like it.

On other forums they limit threads to 50 pages - might be an idea here.

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I've stopped using Tapatalk for threads that have more than 5 pages. The extra pages are killing me. Plus if I post to one of those threads my post disappears anyway and I have to use my phones browser to see more of the conversation.

20. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I just got a Tapatalk update on my iPhone, but it didn't seem to help with that issue.

21. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
  22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah the whole invisible pages thing is really getting old.

Misa ab iPhono meo.

23. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Actually, I just checked and they've released yet another update recently. This one specifically mentions "correct page numbers", so I'll see if I can give it a go.

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    There is a Tapatalk HD app for Android now. Has anyone tried it yet?

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I have it on my tablet it works well.

Grimby likes this.