main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Taranis Star Wars Fan Art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Taranis, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taranis

Taranis Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2008
    Hi all

I am new here .. and I enjoy doing cgi art but it is still very much a hobby..
    here is a vessel you all know .. for me its set before Luke and Ben meet Han and Chewie

but you can place it at any time in the history of Starwars ...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/lordtaranis/StarWars_Pickup.jpg]

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome, Taranis :)

That's a really great rendering of the Falcon! You're right that it's extremely easy to pick her out regardless of the timeline. The fine detail in this piece really brings it to life. I love what you've done with the cockpit and the rain effect is really neat. Heck, you even got the mix-matched hull down perfectly! Just out of curiousity, what program did you use to create this?

Nice job!

3. Taranis

Taranis Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2008
    My program is Lightwave8.3 after effects with photoshop.. the models are not mine .. the credits of the modellers are there . I wish I was that good ..

4. Taranis

Taranis Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2008
    I am fan of Han Solo and Chewbacca stories .. smuggler exploits, are what I am going for. not so much space shots unless I can make them good.. I also thought they be great TV show subjects

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    In case you couldn't tell from my username and icon, I'm a big fan as well. ;) It would be really great to see some more things geared toward what you described.

6. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Yay, it's the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy! I love the rain and the dreary atmosphere you've created. One of those days when a smuggler just doesn't want to leave his ship...
    Nice work, looking forward to more!

7. Taranis

Taranis Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2008
    Spot on .. that's how I'd feel :) .. I like picture that show not so much action scene . but almost the mundane. the tedious. nothing important happening at all.. then bang action. I have some more soon .. I post them in the first post if possible to keep them together

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love the mood of that picture of the Falcon. Great work

9. Taranis

Taranis Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2008
    Thanks .. I'm still working on a new one

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I really like this! =D= Wonderful sort of grimy, sloppy, "used universe-look" that Star Wars is so famous for! The moody sky, along with the water sluicing off the upper deck, really creates a nice atmosphere--wonderful work! And I love the 'Falcon, too! :D ;)
    Welcome to the forum!

FF

11. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Wow amazing job! :eek:. that is a wonderful rendering of the Falcon. I can't wait to see more from you!

12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Simply amazing:eek: It looks like an advanced still image concept art that one sees for the movies or an heavily produced game, simply wonderful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.