main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Target: Delta 7, or Blade's Revenge, Updated 9/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tatooinewizard, Sep 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    This is something new, a short story.

I can hear all my readers of old saying, "But, wizard, I thought you gave up writing fan fic." True, but this only a short piece, a few posts worth, so I can't help myself. I'm only on hiatus from the epic works, I suppose.

I hope everyone enjoys.

Disclaimer: Sorry. I have no ownership on Star Wars.

Summary: During Palpatine's New Order. OCs. Written in the POV of Blade, a Force-sensitive servant of the Emperor. The scene: Tatooine, to be specific, Mos Eisley.

Target: Delta 7, or Blade?s Revenge

There was only one thought on my mind that night, one desire that had consumed me entirely, and that was vengeance. Of course it wasn?t all about revenge mind you; I had a job to do, which had been laid in my hands by the Emperor himself, but it was not his mandate that had filled my heart with a raging black fire. It was my desire for revenge, to strike back after being rebuked time and time again. And even had my Master not sent me on this assignment I would have went anyway. Only I had the right to put an end to ?Target: Delta 7?, or that was my opinion at any rate.

I found myself walking along the crowded, sandy streets of Mos Eisley, and though a bleak expression shrouded my face a wicked smile twisted inside my heart. Soon I would be satisfied, and the black void that dominated my soul would be filled. For the most part the humans, and even the dim-witted alien scum, knew better than to cross me.

Perhaps I don?t look quite as sinister as I should; in fact I think my appearance is quite ordinary. I wear a simple mesh of black garments, my dark hair is layered roughly about my face?it seems that none of the downward spikes are the same length, and that?s the way I like it?also my frame is rather slim, which is quite deceptive for it hides my actual strength.

So it was not my looks that dissuaded the people and creatures about me from wanting to tangle with me. I was sending out vibes with the power of the Force, the dark energy I was spewing was enough to send most veering away from me. At another time I would have taken much pleasure in this, but by thinking of ?Target: Delta 7?, remembering how she?d rebuked me, I could only take pleasure in the fact that she would soon be dead.

Then some idiot dared to stop me, an alien freak of all things?a Rodian, I believe it was, though it hardly matters?the truth of the situation immediately increased my temper tenfold, but I allowed the thing to push my back up against a nearby building.

It pulled out a blaster, shoved the weapon?s barrel into my gut, and twisted the metal into my flesh. I didn?t flinch, for I had felt much worse pain?complete unspeakable agony, to tell the truth?at the hands of my Master. Besides I was the one with all the control, and I could not even force myself to pretend to be weak. I was dealing with a thing after all, not a person.

"What do you want?" I growled defiantly, and in Huttese it accused me of carrying something of value, then after cursing at me, it ordered me to give up my property. I was sure it knew nothing about the Imperial currency I had on me, and I was nearly positive it had not seen my lightsaber. Especially on an Outer Rim world in this age, a lightsaber was rare enough to be worth killing someone over, but I had no fear. I was not going to die, it was.

I began to use the Force chokehold against the alien scum, and the thing dropped its weapon and started to clutch its throat. Ever since the first time I had used this power, I had stopped wondering why this was Darth Vader?s favored attack method against incompetent Imperial officers.

Several passersby looked in the thing?s direction as it pathetically collapsed. Sand billowed from its impact, and the creature writhed as if there were some possible way to escape my assault, but then those watching turned from the scene and went back about their business. The Dark Side of the Force was everywhere; it was a part of every being on the street. The callousness and fear in all these individuals only p

2. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    But wizard, I thought you gave up writing fanfic. :p

Stormtrooper squad 1138, this is Blade.

Enter Wesley Snipes.

Looks good so far TW. :)

lordmaul13

3. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Enter Wesley Snipes. You know I've never seen those movies. Maybe one day...

Looks good so far TW. Thanks. I was hoping that it wouldn't look bad.

4. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    I've only seen the first one. Wasn't bad.

lordmaul13

5. Posh_British_Jedi

Posh_British_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2003
    That was a really good start.

I like how you showed Blade?s contempt for aliens. A lot of published EU stuff that I?ve read often forgets, or neglects to show, the Imperials distain for anything none human. Saying that, I should mention that haven?t read that much EU.

I?ve only seen the second blade film. I thought t was okay, although the CG effects looked a bit dodgy. It did have the actor who played Cat in Red Dwarf in it though, which I love. :)

I?ll be looking out for the next post.

6. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    I've only seen the first one. Wasn't bad.

What, maul? Are you expecting the rest to suck?

Posh_British_Jedi:

I'm glad you showed up and are enjoying this one.

I like how you showed Blade?s contempt for aliens. A lot of published EU stuff that I?ve read often forgets, or neglects to show, the Imperials distain for anything none human. I know there's some, but how much I really can't remember.

It did have the actor who played Cat in Red Dwarf in it though, which I love. I don't know what you're talking about. Sorry.

I?ll be looking out for the next post. I should have the next post up sometime tomorrow.

And this is my 1,200 post. Makes my head spin.

7. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    This certainly is a booming thread, isn't it... Anyway here's the second segment for the sparse few...

I was ready to mount the steps that led down into the underground watering hole, but suddenly someone was blocking my path. My opposition was a muscular man, who was clad in dark-blue leather garments. If I hadn?t know better I would have thought that it was Myron Lon, an Imperial spy that I?d met on a few occasions, but this brute looked even stupider.

He pounded his clenched fist into his open palm as if to intimidate me. "Where?d you think you?re going?" Now it was very clear that this man wasn?t Lon, the spy could hardly get through a sentence without saying the word ?kriffing?.

"Into the Bloody Scourge, if you don?t mind," I said, my tone biting and fearless. I couldn?t resist glaring into the idiot?s eyes.

"Well, I do mind. That is if you don?t have an authorization card on you."

An authorization card for a common, gutter-trash Mos Eisley cantina? It made no sense, unless perhaps the owner was expecting an Imperial raid. If that was case the owner was in for a shock. All the authorization cards in the galaxy could not keep out the Emperor?s wrath. Or mine for that matter.

Certainly I would have liked to have been violent, but I knew that such behavior wasn?t for the best, so I merely waved my hand before his face. The fool?s eyes glazed over, a clear sign that it was time to work my magic.

"You don?t need to see my authorization card," I stated, not even trying to mask my confidence.

"I don?t need to see your authorization card."

I allowed my fingers to twitch slightly again. "You wouldn?t mind stepping aside and letting me in? I can go about my business."

"You can go about your business."

The weak-minded brute moved out of my way. All too easy, I thought as I began walking down the steps. I made sure to cloak my Force-signature quickly and I pulled up the hood on my jacket. There was no sense in giving away the game too soon.

Within a handful of seconds I was in the Bloody Scourge. The dimly lit cantina was somewhat crowded with humans and creatures; it seemed that all the patrons were up to no good. It amused me to know that they all would be wiped out in the raid.

Still my blood was boiling. I could hardly stand being clogged in the same room with such scum. I particularly knew fury when I saw an alien of the Falleen race, the blasted species of Prince Xizor himself.

Xizor. The thought of him filled me with even more hatred, and I couldn?t reason why my Master would consort with such a worthless thing. Perhaps the Black Sun?s leader had a purpose for remaining in my Master?s favor, but whatever that was, it was something I certainly couldn?t fathom.

As I found myself a small corner table and sat down my anger for the disgusting Falleen faded. There was only one reason for that. ?Target: Delta 7? appeared before my eyes. She was taking the stage with her fellow band mates, all of which were human except, ironically, the Falleen who had just so recently added fire to my anger. Yet I hardly saw the creature.

My eyes irrevocably locked on Judith Keryn, ?Target: Delta 7? as she was known.

A mix of emotions flooded me when I saw her. She was just as beautiful as I?d remembered her, her long, dark hair and her slender, black-clad frame were intoxicating. There had been a time when I hadn?t wanted to kill her, when I would have never dreamt of hating her.

If only she hadn?t rebuked me. Then we would have been together, both as lovers and as colleagues in the Emperor?s service, and even in the core of my hate-filled being I longed for another chance with her. Maybe she could still be turned to the Dark Side, but if not I would have to kill her, and that was fine by me. She would not cast me off again.

Then her band began to play a bitter dirge. Judith had never been one for that ridiculous, upbeat cantina music, and soon she began to sing. It had been ages since I had heard her raspy, yet still somehow beautiful voice. I held myself in check though,

8. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    What, maul? Are you expecting the rest to suck?

No, I just didn't exactly go out of my way to watch the first one.

She would not cast me off again.

They say 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' but I guess there are some guys you don't want to piss off either.

lordmaul13

9. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    No, I just didn't exactly go out of my way to watch the first one.

Idiot me, I just figured out you were talking about the Blade movies, not my work.

They say 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' but I guess there are some guys you don't want to piss off either. Very true indeed.

10. Posh_British_Jedi

May 7, 2003
    I?m loving it all so far. Regular bite sized chunks of story really suite my goldfish-like attention span.

Blade: ??All too easy, I thought as I began walking down the steps.??

I?m really starting to like this guy. It?s nice to see one of my favourite Vader lines in there also. :)I actually got quite excited just reading it. [face_blush]

11. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    I?m loving it all so far. Regular bite sized chunks of story really suite my goldfish-like attention span. I'm glad you're enjoying it. :) :) :)

I?m really starting to like this guy. :cool:

It?s nice to see one of my favourite Vader lines in there also. One of mine too, though it didn't dawn on me that it was a Vader line the moment I wrote it (shortly there after though). I think that's because certain Star Wars lines have worked themselves into my every day words and thought process. That sounds quite geeky now that I think about it...

I actually got quite excited just reading it. Actually that sounds geeky too :p I can relate.

12. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Idiot me, I just figured out you were talking about the Blade movies, not my work.

We all make mistakes. No need to beat ourselves up over them.

lordmaul13

13. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    No need to beat ourselves up over them.

We always have the same disagreement don't we...

14. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
  15. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Disagreements? You and me? :p

lordmaul13

16. Posh_British_Jedi

May 7, 2003
    ??I think that's because certain Star Wars lines have worked themselves into my every day words and thought process.??

I know what you mean. When asked on a slow day at work if it?s been busy, I always have to resist the urge to reply, ??no, quite as a tomb.??

*continues waiting patiently for the next post*

17. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    *continues waiting patiently for the next post*

Well, I'll try to finish this for you. I've found my lack of readership depressing. Makes me wonder what happened to all my old readers you know. Well at least lordmaul's still here...

18. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Of course I'm still here. :)

lordmaul13

19. Posh_British_Jedi

May 7, 2003
    So I guess you?re not going to finish this one tatooinewizard. I think it?s a real shame. Oh well... :(

20. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    No. I'll finish this if it's the last thing I do. I'll PM you when I update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.