main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Target Screens: Monitors with Orange Backlight

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi_Aron_Tylander, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Aron_Tylander

Jedi_Aron_Tylander Jedi Youngling star 3

May 29, 2004
    Just want to know if there are other monitors in the TIE fighters aside from the circular target screen. Where would be the flight data displayed, speed, fighter's damage, something like that. Because it seems to me that the circular screen displays only it's target schematics, with the X-wing in ANH even have it's wing closed. Why do you think that was the display (X-wing having it's wing closed)? We can see that it also has a lock trail. How do the target screen works? I mean, there is isn't even a crosshair. Like target screens of the Falcon's guns, with that two graphic planes as the lock. Anyone can explain this? I am finding pictures of it and I will soon post it here. This might be due to low technology when the movie was made, and I didn't even expect to see this display in the upcoming sequel, since we know that the new line of Jedi fighters is th basis of the Imperial TIEs.

This might be a very small detail in the stories of the Star Wars Saga but it would e very helpful to me if you'd answer this.

2. Jedi_Aron_Tylander

Jedi_Aron_Tylander Jedi Youngling star 3

May 29, 2004
    Hey... is there anyone there? Please answer this...

3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Well, maybe the two images that have to coincide are somehow the equivalent of having a crosshair on the display. That's the only guess I can give.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.