main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tarkin or Dooku: The Hammer Connection

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by The_Sith_Prophet, Feb 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Oh, yes, several. Lee would play the monster, and Cushing would play the hero.

2. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Yes, Lee shared many Hammer horror films together with Cushing. Peter Cushing was always the good guy/scientist and Christopher Lee was always the monsters. Here is a list of a few of the horror films (not all of them are from Hammer Productions, particularly the later years) they shared screen credits on:

"The Curse Of Frankenstein" (1957)

"Dracula" (1958)

"The Hound Of The Baskervilles" (1959)

"The Mummy" (1959)

"The Gorgon" (1964)

"Dracula A.D. 1972" (1972)

"The Horror Express" (1972)

"The Creeping Flesh (1973)

"The Satanic Rites Of Dracula" (1974)

3. OurBenevolentLeader

OurBenevolentLeader Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2003
  4. superxero88

superxero88 Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2003
    i've always loved the look of satisfaction on Cushings face when they are ablou to blow up Yavin. and then he blows up. irony

5. Darth Jamus

Jun 1, 2000
    "i've always loved the look of satisfaction on Cushings face when they are ablou to blow up Yavin. and then he blows up. irony"

Yes Superxero88, looking at Peter Cushing during that scene it is obvious that Tarkin NEVER saw his demise coming. I love that scene too! I wonder if Dooku will see his demise coming and at who's hands?????

6. sessionable

sessionable Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    its a damn shame Vincent Price passed away before ever making a Star Wars film. His voice is on par with Lee's.

7. Darth Jamus

Jun 1, 2000
    Yes, Vincent Price would have been cool in Star Wars. I wish! :) I wonder who he could have played. I think that he would have made a good member of the Seperatist movement, perhaps representing one of the corporations with evil intent!

8. RahrKast

RahrKast Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    Weeelllll, I dont want to decide. :(
    Lee has an amazing voice, a big lot of charisma, and his portrayal of Dooku was great.
    Cushing also had a lot of charisma, and his accent was/is just soooo cool.

Draw.

9. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Both are great actors, and both had an almost equally good approach to their roles, IMO, with Lee coming out just slightly in the lead.

That being said, I like Dooku's character a LOT more than Tarkin's. You can't beat the Sith for villains.

I like Tarkin and Gunray about the same, while Maul, being my least favorite Sith, is a few notches above them, if that's any indication of how much I like Tarkin.

10. Darth Jamus

Jun 1, 2000
    I like Tarkin, but I think that the problem is that we never REALLY get into his character beyond that of an evil Imperial governor. With Dooku, you are presented with a MUCH meatier role. Performance wise, Lee and Cushing are equals and great at what they do!

11. La_Capitan

La_Capitan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2003
    Lee, but barely. I almost always go for OT on stuff like this, but Dooku was awesome. He was friends with all the Jedi, and they aren't sure he's evil until the end. Very mysterious.

12. Malshabek

Malshabek Jedi Master star 6

Oct 10, 2002
    I like Tarkin more. He is the one character that doesn't have any special powers and yet he still inspires fear. Anyone whos crazy enough to destroy an entire planet has my everlasting respect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.