main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Tarkin

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 7, 2015.

1. outerrimjaba

outerrimjaba Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2015
    Of course, the tidbits you will see of a non-serial major villain will be that said villain losing the battle, or making some sort of error. Tarkin lead the Judicial Forces out from a jungle planet; whereas the Jedi figured them for dead. He took on a large pirate federation and decimated them. In the Clone Wars, he accomplished several feats while doing some major political plays for his buddy, Sheev. In the book, he flew a V-Wing alongside Darth Vader, and was a top cadet in his military academy days. I doubt Papaltine would be looking to groom a doofus to be a member of his triumvirate and complete command of cradle to operation of the "Setinel Moon". His skillset again was a broad range of subjects...but, his military skill was summed up during his teenage years on the Eridau Plateau.....wait for the opportune moment, hit precisely the right target....he didn't jedi jump off the Carrion Spike and slay dozens of Veermoks....he watched, analyzed like a predator, and struck.....in a way, his story was pretty much a warning to Vader, if he chose to be a pretender...and try to take on the Emperor....maybe, Tarkin was there with military and waiting for the moment to strike. The man analyzed both Papaltine and Vader....I'm sure in Paps sick, twisted way he thought this was a good Sith Formation at the head of a galactic empire.

He is a megalomaniac, but also an architect of the Imperial War Machine. He also created several directives concerning scientific and political developments - not to mention garnering Darth Vader's grudging respect despite Papaltine doling over Tarkin.

2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Tarkin is a great character. A great villain. Rebels as a show does him a lot of justice. I'm glad to see Thrawn is reporting to him and not the other way around.

3. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Grand Moff does outrank Grand Admiral.

La Calavera and outerrimjaba like this.
  4. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I find it interesting that Tarkin has a model of an Imperial Venator-class Star Destroyer displayed in his office. You'd think he'd move away from associating with anything having to do with the Old Republic as much as possible.
    [​IMG]

5. outerrimjaba

outerrimjaba Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2015
    Nice catch, I saw it in the background, but didn't look close enough...thinking it was an ISD.

Tarkin was heavily involved with ship and technological development. Only thing that bugged me with Governor Pryce was that she had the same rank plaque insignia as Tarkin. Although, Tarkin has more code cylinders...figured she would have 10 squares...moff plaque.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Can we all just agree that Tarkin sounds perfect? Like seriously damn Stephen Stanton nails the character

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    maybe her "Governor" is like Tarkin's "Governor" in ANH - a general position rather than a rank - with her rank being intermediate between Moff and Grand Moff?

It wouldn't be the only example of two characters with the same plack but differing numbers of cylinders - Ozzel and Piett are both 6x2 plack, 3-cylinder, but Kassius Konstantine is 6x2 plack, 4-cylinders.

Maybe she's a High Moff, or some similar title, rather than an ordinary Moff?

8. Ventrix

Ventrix Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2014
    I've been keeping this info to myself for a while, but I thought it was time to share it with everyone and I think this is probably the most appropriate thread to put it in.

At last year's New York Comic Con, I ran into Pablo Hidalgo and I asked him one question: Are there any other Grand Moffs (other than Tarkin) around during the time of Rebels? I mentioned Grand Moff Randd of the Exterior Oversector from Lost Stars and Empire's End and he said wasn't sure about him. BUT, he did say that he thinks there would be a Grand Moff of the Core Worlds by the time of Rebels.

Assuming we can take this one-off comment given to one fan as canon (which maybe we shouldn't), this is the first mention of a canon Grand Moff of the Core. Maybe he was so willing to answer because he knew this mysterious Grand Moff would be showing up in later material. Or maybe I should give the "I think" part of his answer more weight. Either way, I was pretty excited after I heard this and I vowed to keep this juicy bit of info to myself -- my own little piece of canon. And now I feel like it's not as juicy as I once thought it was, so I'm sharing it with you [:D]

MrDarth0, Snafu55 and Ithorians like this.
  9. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Haha, thanks, that´s very interesting!! Wasn´t Grand Moff Trachta basically the Grand Moff assigned to Coruscant´s sector in Legends? not that this implies him coming back to canon, or anything, but I´m rather fond of the guy...

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He was.

Apparently Grand Admiral Tigellinus also became Grand Moff of that sector, at some point after Trachta's death - not sure who was in charge in between.

11. Ventrix

Ventrix Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2014

Yeah, Trachta was the Grand Moff of the Imperial Center Oversector in Legends. And come to think of it, I think Pablo may have said Imperial/Coruscant Sector or Imperial Center rather than Core Worlds. I really should have been recording it. Why don't we just record everything we do in life it would make remembering things so much easier. Probably drain your phone battery faster than you can say Imperial Center Oversector, though. Anyway, I'm pretty sure Imperial Center and Core Worlds are the same thing, but the Imperial Center Oversector might be more refined to Coruscant and its surrounding systems.

But I would prefer they create a new character for this Grand Moff. I think it would be fun if it was a young woman who was relatively naive in the ways of politics and the bureaucracy, but was volatile and manipulative and managed to gain the Emperor's favor. It would piss off every high standing male Imperial and Tarkin in particular. It's always fun to piss off Tarkin. Except when he has the power to destroy your homeworld, then maybe not...

Snafu55 likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That sounds cool and a better story then the one time he answered a question I had on twitter

13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I would really take everything Pablo/Matt/Leland say on social media and/or in private with a LARGE grain of salt.

What's canon and what isn't became sort of a joke for them at this point. Which is understandable I guess, after all the fan questions they were constantly receiving.

For me, if it doesn't appear in a published media or in an official Lucasfilm statement, I don't consider it official canon.