main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TAS tidbits from JediNet

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    - someone says "I prefer settling differences with a lightsaber". Can you guess who?

- a certain Count (and it's not Chocula) and his political philosophy are alluded to.

- never have I seen such gratiuitous use of the word butt! Okay, it's not really gratuitous, and I can't actually remember if this has been used in SW lit before. If not, leave it to the man who brought us a "duck" to introduce it.

- Soergg is the latest in the fine tradition of messy Hutts.

- we see some non-Jedi Force manipulation.

- remember: size of brain disorder matters not next to the power of the Force.

- the quotes "explosive personality" and "this situation sucks" are from two awful attempts at humor

2. Scott

Scott TFN Founder star 2 VIP

Jun 25, 2000
    I'm 100 pages into my copy if you want additional details. :)

I've got Dark Journey to zip through next.

Tons of Episode II stuff in Approaching Storm. I was glad to see a mention of Count Dooku.

One horrible line, though. Bariss asks a moronic charcter if he's aware of a movement on the planet. He replied, "The only movement I know of is in my bowels." Ugh. Sounds like Foster took the poop and fart jokes of Episode I to heart. :p

Scott

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    All details, synopses and analyses are MORE than welcome :D

4. Scott

Scott TFN Founder star 2 VIP

Jun 25, 2000
    Well, I'm only 100 pages into it, so I can't say much. Impressions so far

- In the past the political happenings were kind of mind boggling. This time around they are fairly simple, yet Foster explains them over and over and over. It's abundantly clear what will happen if Ansion secedes from the Republic, but every character seems to need to spend a full page explaining it.

- Parabola is right. Some of the attempts at humor have fallen flat (like the bowel movement joke).

- So far the Hutt is a moron.

- Strangely, Jedi can't sense danger coming from people who are insane or mentally handicapped. Foster explains it well enough, but I'm not sure I buy it.

- Luminara Unduli starts to explain the deal with Count Dooku, but she is abruptly cut off. Doh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.