main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Task 1] A modest view

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by Darth-Seldon, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Well before you read this I should warn you. I am not funny on the JC. If there is humor in here it was by sure chance. It was a cruel trick to put a JC user who is not good at community forums in this game. I participate for the most part, in serious discussions on the JC. So I'm not sure why I am here. I may be funny in real life, but I get people laughing over inside jokes or witty (in my modest opinion they are) comments. Anyway I did not go all creative here. While I'm creative in real life and at writing fiction (again my modest opinion) I am not creative on message boards. The simple reason is I know very little about computer programs and how to do certain things on a computer.

Anyway I digress (something I tend to do with ease.)

So Task 1

Well as a child I had trouble making up my mind. Seeing that there are not too many doctor/lawyer/scientist/film directors out there, my dreams have not come true, yet. Anyway once I did make up my mind, it was to be the president of the united states (as is seen in my profile, more of a joke than anything else.) Well I'm 17 now and a couple years ago I wanted to be President. I did not know how I would do this but I had a firm belief that I would do it.

Well a few years went by and I changed my views. Not dramatically but they did change. I came up with a better plan. After High School I plan to attend college and then to Law School. So I plan to be an attorney. Then from there perhaps I will have a political career. I'm not going to limit my possibilities. So I don't think I will be President but I would still like to maintain my dream of taking part in the political arena.

I don't change too much. As I grew older things became a little bit more realistic. I suppose this happens to everyone. Then again it is still very difficult to think of anything that I would like to do for the rest of my life. See there is so much I would like to do that one career does not seem to be enough. I'm given what 80 years on this planet. I mean I have already wasted 17. So I don't have much time to do everything. Life is too short and I don't have the time to do everything. So I have settled for the thing I would most want to do. Which as I have said would be to be an attorney and later enter politics.

If the two Seldon's met I really can't imagine what sort of insane conversation would come up. I would probably debate with myself on how I am talking to my self. I mean don't get me wrong I talk to myself all the time. Sometimes it is the only person you can have an intelligent conversation with, and we usually agree. Anyway I would probably talk to my younger self about how it is all possible. The Young self would probably have some crazy notion about how it is all possible. The older self, may just deem it all impossible and that it must be a dream of sorts. It is scientifically impossible or something like that. That would sound like something the older self may say. They would then probably try to figure out any differences between the two of them.

-Seldon

2. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Very nice work. I like how honest and to the point you were. :)

3. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Wow, you really don't belong in this house :(

j/k :p Good work.

4. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I don't know why I titled this "A Modest View."
    At the time of posting it I was thinking about Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal" but this has nothing to do with that. As you can see my post had nothing to do with eating babies or the problems of our current society. Anyway thank you all. I posted the task as soon as I could. If I was here earlier in the week I would have been here to do it then.

-Seldon

5. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Modesty is overrated. So is Modest Mouse. They suck and I hope Frank Black upperdecks their homes' toilets.

6. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    As you may have noticed there was little that was modest about my first post in this thread.

-Seldon

7. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Modest Mussorgsky is pretty good though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.