main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Task 2] House of Eternity

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by Darth-Seldon, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    So I had been sitting quietly at home when I noticed a house party of sorts going on next door. That old apartment house had all these people living in it. They were terrible neighbors and were always talking loudly at ridiculous times during the night. It kept me awake and I grew really tired of it. They must be a bunch of escapes from some mental ward. Then one day the landlord kicked this one guy out of the house. There was something about wearing a colored shirt or something....I?m not sure I never payed attention. The land lord's name cannot be pronunced. I'm not sure of his national origin. Everyone around here calls him Dash. I have tried to pronounce the name but it just never works. Anyway this one guy got kicked out of the house for breaking rules or something. So the landlord offered me the opportunity to move in. No man in his right mind would ever join that crazy house. However I have never been a man in the right state of mind so I agreed to move in.

So I moved into this world so unlike any other. I was told at once that once a resident moves in, they do not leave until told to do so. These white walls surrounded me and became my prison. Just as the mighty god swallowed his children, this house had swallowed us. Yet there was not hope of freedom. There was no young brother who would come forth and save us from the tyranny of that father. The walls became my prison and I was lost here. The only thing you have control of is the small space within your skull. You have nothing else. While your mind can wander to distant lands, you are physically trapped. The events of the day swirl around you in a thunderstorm of lights and voices. Everything blurs and becomes confusing. You see the same people day after day.

I cannot breathe. My lungs are trying but they are slowly being filled with cool liquid. I?m drowning in a sea of insanity. They are all watching and yet they do nothing. They slowly laugh from a far as I fall deeper and am carried away by the current. Am I dead? Was I ever alive? What is life? Regardless of my current state I am typing and will continue to do so. I must proceed with the current task regardless of the current adversity I face. What a desolate place this is. I feel alone....yet I cannot describe it. There is a strange feeling. There was another man who left the house a few days after I came. He was told to leave. If there was a beginning there must be an end. At least I assume this must be true. Perhaps nothing is true, but I do not have the energy to discuss this, nor would I if I contained the energy. Do all tunnels have a light at the end? I hate rhetorical questions which go unanswered yet I just made one. If there is a light in a dark tunnel it is one of two things. It is either the sunlight coming down at the tunnel?s end. Or it is a coming train. No matter what the cause of the light is, it will spell out a quick exit from the darkness and the torment of the tunnel.

Just like the great Prometheus we are chained to our own rock and our attacked by the vulture daily. Hades himself could not calculate a better torture for us. We are tormented by the house.

Is someone at the window? I hear a scratching or a laughing. I feel as if a thousand eyes are upon me but I cannot tell. Have I grown paranoid and fallen deeper into my own psychosis? Damn it I made another rhetorical question. My condition must have grown worse. I feel like I no longer have control of my fingers. They are traveling on a pre-destined course which can only mean one thing. Yet I have no clue what it would mean. Are there people watching at the window? I truly do not know. Why would they watch? The only thing more insane then being a prisoner to this house is to spy on the people who are prisoners. Are the here or there or anywhere? Some strange feeling tells me they are everywhere. They are quietly laughing at me, why can?t they just let me be? Time slowly passes as the quiet rains fall on the old maples. The great trees rise as pillars and

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Metacognitive assessment of the work.

I wrote this story on Wednesday the 16th of 2004.
    On that day I went to school for six hours.
    Followed by three hours of work.
    Then I finally arrived home and had dinner.
    I began working on the piece. I had computer trouble and the entire thing was deleted from the computer.
    I go and watch TV and later return to writing it. I'm sick, I'm tired and I feel terrible. I continue to write and fall asleep in front of a movie I was never watching to begin with. I wake up in the middle of the night even more sick and take a shower. Then I wake up several more times.

Anyway this is not a true metacognitive so excuse me for that. I just wanted to set up how I felt while writing because that has a major factor in the result.

Thanks
    Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.