main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Task #2 - Let's Organize!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by deltron_zero, Jun 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    here is where we come up with our plan of attack for task #2.

2. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Awright. Let's.

Shall I go first?

3. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    sounds good to me, i'll go second.

4. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    OK. As long as no one has a problem with that, we'll hold on to that.

5. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    I will write my part, but I'll wait till tomorrow, due to me needing to go to bed and having work tonight.

So I'll fill in somewhere towards the end, I guess.

Try not to post the story till everyone has contributed their 200 words, or we lose 100 points. What the points are good for is beyond me, but they sound important to my life.

I'm guessing that this story should be a humorous piece of fiction about all of us.

I suggest that we each pick a housemate and write something that is way out there about them and then tie them all in to one big happy story-fest.

Or, whatever everyone else decides n will work for me as well. I'm good to go for anything.

Erik

6. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    No, I'm not going to write about another housemate. That's like having two tasks in one.

Let's not limit ourselves to that. It's best just to write about anything we like, make it coherent, and sell the rights to someone powerful.

7. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    that sounds good to me Debo :D

8. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    How about this:

One person writes their part, then they PM it to the next, and so on. That way we'll have the thing coherent and in the right order.

9. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    or they could just post their part here, and then when we are done we could just cut and paste our parts in the "official" thread.

10. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Yeah, here's what we should do: we'll write our parts in this thread, so they don't count, in a pre-defined order. So, basically, we need to decide the order, either someone just come up with a list randomly, or people sign in and say what order they want to be in, and then someone write the entire order, and then person #1 start writing. Then person #2 write as soon as #1 is done, and so on. Sound good? And does someone just want to come up with an order, or do we want to wait for some people to say where they want to be? I could make a random-order list of everyone, with Debo first if he wants to be, but whatever.

Oh, and I think we should write about anything since we have that option. It doesn't have to be about housemates.

Anyways, I'm off now to finish my toad poem. :)

EDIT: And then, of course, later we can either all re-post our parts of the story in the other thread, or else one person can copy-paste them all over there.

11. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    This thread, PM, same thing :)

12. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    So, ASAP, someone come up with a list/order for everyone so we can start writing. :)

EDIT: I'll do one pretty soon if nobody else does.

13. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    i think Debo is working on the first part right now... as for the rest of the order, i was going to go next but it's no big deal if some one else wants to :)

14. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Okay, we'll make the order as we go along. The order so far is:

Debo
    deltron_zero.

After that whoever wants to. Just make sure you read the thread and declare that you're going next before you start writing (and read the part that the last person wrote so there's good continuity).

15. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    I'll go 3rd. I don't want to have to come up with an ending :p

16. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    I'll go 4th then.

And remember you guys. PMing is NOT allowed! At least, I am pretty sure that is what Epic said about daily tasks. :)

~*Senoj*~

17. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    No, PMing is allowed. He only said it wasn't allowed on the first task specifically. We can PM on any task unless he specifically says it's not allowed on that task.

Okay, the list so far is:

Debo
    deltron_zero
    wild_karrde
    JediSenoj451

EDIT: Oh, and I hope you guys are actually starting to write. We've only got 48 hours to get all 12 people to work on this thing. (And if you're wondering, I'll add myself to the list sometime later. I'm not trying to get out of it. I just figure if we've got four people on it right now I probably don't need to add myself for awhile, and I would be willing to do the end or whatever.)

18. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    All right. I'll post my part in this thread, and when we're finished we'll just make the "official JC BB Story" thread and put everything back-to-back.

19. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    So PMing IS allowed? That would help a lot then.

~*Senoj*~

20. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    I want to be 8th. :)

21. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    This is what I've come up with. I've kept it very simple, so you can fill it in.

When he first attracted my attention, I can't remember. But I do know that he fascinated me for about two-and-a-half years after that day. Every time I passed him by, I felt it: something was the matter with this man. For every other person he was just a bum, a shadow in an alley. He had two suitcases; one was always open, day and night.

In the case I could spot some books. These books... They became an obsession to me. What was in them? They were special books; they couldn't be just ordinary books. I saw it, I felt it. The other suitcase was always closed and sealed. How I grew to hate that suitcase!

And at night time, he got his violin out to play. I always stood to listen, sometimes for hours, until he suddenly stopped and packed the instrument in again.

No one seemed to notice him. No matter how long I waited, I never saw anyone approach him or even look at him. People passed him by as if he was a ghost; his hat, which was turned upside down in front of him, never had any coins in it. But at night he would take out his violin again and play.

22. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Interesting .... can't wait for my turn ;)

23. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    well, here's my little bit, pretty much continuing the set-up, now it should get interesting :D

My fascination with him grew, and yet I never tried to speak to him. It wasn't that I thought he wouldn't respond, or even that I was afraid of how he would respond. Rather, words just didn't seem to fit our meetings. It was as if his corner of the world existed outside of time, outside of language.

Still, I wondered about those books, and the mysterious contents of the closed suitcase began to wear on my mind. I found myself thinking of him at odd moments... in the shower, at work, even at dinner with friends, until finally he was all I could think about. I would lay awake at night, the melody of his violin playing over and over in my thoughts, and the stress of not sleeping was beginning to take it's toll on my body and mind.

Sometimes I would stop and stare at him, even though it was broad daylight and his violin was safely tucked away, I would just stare. And, as if I had somehow slipped into his reality, no one seemed to notice me. Certainly not him, and not the countless busy souls that passed me on the street.

Until one day. One day as I stood there staring, ever so slowly, he looked up at me. It seemed like he had been waiting for this moment all along. All the days and nights, the seemingly endless obsession, it had all been a test and now I had finally passed. He looked up at me, still not speaking, and I returned his gaze. I tried not to act nervous but I knew that I was sweating. "What now?" I wondered to myself, and as if in answer to my thought, to both my horror and delight, he reached for the closed suitcase.

24. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
  25. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    That's a good one, Del. Certainly beats mine. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.