main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Task #2 - Let's Organize!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by deltron_zero, Jun 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001

[face_laugh]

No, it's just starting! Go Sil!

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I can't wait till Tashi gets her hands on this ;)

Who's next?

3. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    OMG this is great!

Should I just go next?

4. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Yeah, it doesn't look like anyone's put their hand up for the next round.

:)

5. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    well, we got like 40 hours to finish it, no big rush

EDIT: I can't speel!

6. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Zarkor is fast becoming my favourite literary character ever.

7. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    Hey, sorry about my first post in this thread. I misread the task and thought that it was a story about us, because it was titled "The JC Big Brother Story". It's much better this way.

Like I said, I'll write at some point tomorrow. So, keep up the great writing that's been going on so far.

Erik

8. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Headquarters wouldn't believe me.

How could Zarkor have escaped without our knowing it? Intelligence would have known immediately, I was told. Regardless, he was now out there; free, looking for new victims.

He had seen me, so I knew I was going to die. I stopped running and looked back. I glanced at my right hand at the glowing jewel. It was hot; almost too hot to hold, so I gently put it into my pocket. I scanned my surroundings. Everything was out of focus and only a solid black area directly in front of me now existed. The sky was empty and cold; the world was deathly silent.

Was I going crazy? Could that really have been Zarkor? Maybe I had simply panicked and my imagination had gotten the better of me....

No.

I know what I saw. He's there and I will not be intimidated by him. I have to go back and face him, but how? I can't go alone. I will need backup. I turn around to continue heading for headquarters, but I walk into something hard; I fall onto my back and look up at the dark cloaked man towering over me.

He was laughing.

9. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Woooo, what will happen to our hero next?

Awesome April!

:D

10. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Thanks, baby! :)

ZARKOR, what a cool name. :D

11. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    If I could go back in time and register again, I'd pick the name ZARKOR.

12. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    And I'd be MissZarkorFan. :)

13. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Doesn't have quite the same ring to it....

14. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    I was thinking of 7-Zark-7 actually. :D

15. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Yeah, but you really can't confuse Zarkor with being something else. Everyone always thinks I'm a Nine Inch Nails Fan. ;)

16. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    *Reads story from where she left off*

:eek:

My goodness! What happened? [face_laugh]

~*Senoj*~

17. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    It's that bastard Zarkor! First, he kills our 5 year old sister and now he's back for more!

18. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    wild_zarkor

yep, that's my new sock

//goes to register

Miss, don't worry, I don't plan on posting with it, yet :D

19. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Edit-Nevermind. :)

20. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    OK, Dark_Lord_Erik will be posting a section tomorrow, as will Jedi Speewwy and Jjanda_Solo will either be doing it later tonight or tomorrow, as well.

Haven't heard anything from Bithysith or BISMARCK, yet.

21. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Want me to go next? I'd be happy to... (sorry I didn't log on before now, I've had an insane afternoon).

EDIT: Hellloooo? Anyone out there? I've got to go to sleep soon, so please just leave me a post so I know in which order I am to write my story. :)

22. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Just keep continuing on from where April left off. You might want to read the whole story before contributing. It's gone through quite a few twists and turns.

:D

23. Dark_Lord_Erik

Jan 19, 2001
    Well, I'm assuming that Bithysith went to bed. I have an idea for an ending. I'll write my part now.

If you want to know what my ending idea is, just let me know.

Erik

24. Dark_Lord_Erik

Jan 19, 2001
    I stood up, steel expression on my face. There was no doubt in my mind about who the cloaked figure was. It was Zarkor. He had come to finish what he started on that fateful spring evening. On that night, he killed my sister, but I escaped.

It was time to quell any fears that I had. Any intimidation that Zarkor had over me would only give him an edge. I said, ?Why have you come back??

Zarkor replied, in an overpowering voice, ?To complete my mission of destroying the children of Marnick.?

?Who?? I nervously replied, knowing what he would say next.

Then the inevitable was spoken, ?Marnick was your mother. She was the Queen of my people.?

?What does that have to do with me?? I tossed back.

?You are the only living blood connection to my planets throne. You must be killed so that my father can stay in power. Then one day the power will be mine.? Zarkor said, with determination in his eyes.

?Your mother, Marnick, sent you to this planet with your sister, when she learned of my family?s plan to seize the throne. After the success I was sent to eliminate any chance that you, or your sister would return.?

There was no more time for questions, it was time to fight for my life.

25. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Oh, Missninfan is April; I thought the main character of our story was "Awesome April", you know, something like Tomb Raider.

Anyway -- Cool, Erik.

Meanwhile I've pulled together a visual edition.

The Action Adventures Of Awesome April

1. Debo

When he first attracted my attention, I can't remember. But I do know that he fascinated me for about two-and-a-half years after that day. Every time I passed him by, I felt it: something was the matter with this man. For every other person he was just a bum, a shadow in an alley. He had two suitcases; one was always open, day and night.

[image=http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:IWvFRNN3oQIC:www.wan-wan.net/breed/mydogsp/img/dfls04.jpg]

"Books" The Dog

In the case I could spot some books. These books... They became an obsession to me. What was in them? They were special books; they couldn't be just ordinary books. I saw it, I felt it. The other suitcase was always closed and sealed. How I grew to hate that suitcase!

[image=http://www.fine-art.demon.co.uk/Picnic/LeatherCase/Pictures/LeatherCase02al.jpg]

The actual sealed suitcase [2 am]

And at night time, he got his violin out to play. I always stood to listen, sometimes for hours, until he suddenly stopped and packed the instrument in again.

[image=http://www.cityofbath.co.uk/Art_entert/busker.JPG]

Oh when the Saints... Oh when the Saints...

No one seemed to notice him. No matter how long I waited, I never saw anyone approach him or even look at him. People passed him by as if he was a ghost; his hat, which was turned upside down in front of him, never had any coins in it. But at night he would take out his violin again and play.

[image=http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:FTvB9wPdS_kC:www.smithsonianlegacies.si.edu/photos/125.jpg]

Busker's hat (and leather jacket)

2. deltron-zero

My fascination with him grew, and yet I never tried to speak to him. It wasn't that I thought he wouldn't respond, or even that I was afraid of how he would respond. Rather, words just didn't seem to fit our meetings. It was as if his corner of the world existed outside of time, outside of language.

[image=http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:vCEHu3FzJNAC:www.enviropeel.com/orMULTI%2520CORNER%2520WORLD.gif]

The only corner of the world that exists out of time (not counting the village I live in)

Still, I wondered about those books, and the mysterious contents of the closed suitcase began to wear on my mind. I found myself thinking of him at odd moments... in the shower, at work, even at dinner with friends, until finally he was all I could think about. I would lay awake at night, the melody of his violin playing over and over in my thoughts, and the stress of not sleeping was beginning to take it's toll on my body and mind.

[image=http://www.fleet-feet.com/wandering_star/pics/showerman.jpg]

Thinking of him in the shower...

Sometimes I would stop and stare at him, even though it was broad daylight and his violin was safely tucked away, I would just stare. And, as if I had somehow slipped into his reality, no one seemed to notice me. Certainly not him, and not the countless busy souls that passed me on the street.

[image=http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:9-t9aG9a7aAC:www.metalfrogs.com/violin.jpg]

The violin player in his own reality

Until one day. One day as I stood there staring, ever so slowly, he looked up at me. It seemed like he had been waiting for this moment all along. All the days and nights, the seemingly endless obsession, it had all been a test and now I had finally passed. He looked up at me, still not speaking, and I returned his gaze. I tried not to act nervous but I knew that I was sweating. "What now?" I wondered to myself, and as if in answer to my thought, to both my horror and delight, he reached for the closed suitcase.

[image=http://www-gte.larc.nasa.gov/trace/TRACE-P-pictures/midway-goony-staring.JPG]

Staring back

3. wild_karrde

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.