Task #2 - Let's Organize!

Discussion in 'Big Brother House' started by deltron_zero, Jun 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    yeah, i'm a little worried about that too. i have no idea how to get ahold of him though.
  2. jediguy Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll do my best to contact him.
  3. Bithysith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I hope everything is okay...

Debo... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I'm seriously having trouble breathing. That image of the lawyer was PRICELESS (if only she had been clutching money bags). :D
  4. Jjanda_Solo Force Ghost

star 5
    No, darnit, BISMARK has not been on in ages.

I think I had a sort of good idea for the end, though it's not concrete in my head and it's probly not that good. So, do you think I should write last, or write immediately just to make sure I get it done in time and hope the others show up and come up with a good end? I suppose I should probably just write now. I'll be working on that unless/until someone tells me differently.

So, #10 is Jjanda.
  5. Jjanda_Solo Force Ghost

star 5
    (Okay, here's my part. It's a little crazy, and rather thrown-together (I was too lazy to actually think or anything like that). Anyways, here it is. :))

10. Jjanda_Solo

"It's okay, I'll save you!" someone unseen yelled. The next thing I knew I had been knocked off of my feet by someone who had swung from somewhere on a rope, who immediately droppped to the floor next to me and held a gun to my head. "Or, wait, er..." He glanced back and forth between Zarkor and me.

"Were you the one who needed saving?" the stranger asked, addressing the supervillian, who he suddenly noticed was holding a gun on him. I immediately put my gun on Zarkor, thus evening the score between all the three of us. Zarkor was too busy staring at the stranger to notice me pulling my gun. His face clearly displayed the same absolute shock and confusion that I felt. No one could think of anything to say.

"Who are you?" I finally growled at the stranger. "And where did you come from? And what do you want?"

"Er... I thought someone needed saving. Did I save the wrong person? Oh my god, you needed saving didn't you?" So saying, he turned around, and instantly dropped low, successfully dodging Zarkor's bullet, which sailed over his head. However, Zarkor did not manage to dodge the shot that I automatically fired off when I saw the motion of his trigger finger. He screamed and dropped, dead.

"Darnit, what'd you do that for?" the stranger yelled at me. "Now I can't save you!" He then turned his gun on me, but I was too fast for him. As I saw the gun coming to bear, I shot him too.

"What the hell was that all about?" asked the cell phone. "What is going on?!"

"Some moron. I had to shoot him, and I accidentally shot Zarkor. I guess the lawsuit's off."

"Oh my god, you can't be serious, this was the chance of a lifetime..." And off she launched into one of her tirades, which I immediately decided to ignore. Besides, I was immediately distracted by a sound from behind me. A sound that made my blood run cold, and left me uncertain rather to turn around or shoot myself dead. I froze.
  6. Missninfan Manager Emeritus

star 5
  7. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Uh-oh. What could happen next.

We may never know.

Where are you BISMARCK and Speewwy? You are our only hopes.

Erik
  8. jediguy Force Ghost

star 5
    Didn't Speewwy say that her internet connection wasn't working? As for BISMARCK, he's probably had one too many bourbon and cokes and decided to stay unconcious for a day or two.
  9. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Well, hopefully they find their way over here withing 10 hours.

If not, we lose those points. What the points are good for, I don't know. Hopefully we can redeem them for cash and prizes. :p

Erik
  10. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    excellent Jjanda! :D

and yeah, i want those points! points are always a good thing even if we don't know what they're good for.
  11. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Alright, I'm back...kind of. Most of the threads won't load or I can only see parts of them. Anyway, can someone email me the story or PM it or something so I can read it and write a part if there's still time? I feel horrible I haven't been around to help!
  12. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    yeah, there's still time, i'll start working on PMing you the story right now.
  13. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks a bunch! How much time do I have left?
  14. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
  15. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Excellent! I'll do my best at my part. I have a horrible stomach ache though. :(
  16. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Sorry to hear that. I hope that you feel better.

Erik
  17. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    alright, PM is sent.

i'm sorry about your stomach ache :(
  18. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Alright I just got the PM. Thanks! I'm going to start now, though it might be a little slow going. I just barfed. :( Everyone steer clear of the toilet!
  19. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    oh man, that sucks. :( take your time with the story, it's really not a big deal. take care of yourself, that's the important thing.
  20. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Okay, here it is! I hope it's not too long or ridiculous. :)

11. Jedi Speewwy

It was the wife. The horror. The constant nagging. How had she found me? CURSES! A sudden thought flitted through my mind. I was holding a gun and there was no one around. She could have gotten caught in the cross-fire. I tried to save her, I really did. No one had to know.

Slowly I turned, but one look at her and I knew I wouldn?t do it. No matter how much I hated the hag, her father had a massive fortune and with her gone, I wouldn?t have a cut in the will. He?d die soon enough, the old git. Then I could kill her and retire in absolute luxury. ?Keep your cool, Herman,? I told myself. ?Just bide your time and play your cards right.?

?This is what was so important that you couldn?t spend time with me?? she prattled on. ?Honestly, why must you insist upon gallivanting about the countryside playing war with that idiot Zarkor??

?I won?t be ?playing? anymore. I?ve killed him...and some guy that came in and tried to save me. As if I needed saving!?

My wife bent over the stranger to inspect him and suddenly straightened up, horrified. ?Herman, you moron! Couldn?t you see who he was?! Come look!?

I leaned over and a sudden realization hit me. I felt sick to my stomach. ?How could I know?! He didn?t say! Anyone would have done the same!?

?You couldn?t tell from the cape?! The stupid mask with the little pointy ears?! The utility belt filled with ridiculously convenient gadgets?! The TIGHTS?!?!?! I can?t believe I?m married to such a complete dolt. YOU?VE KILLED BATMAN!?
  21. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Good job.

11 down 1 to go.

Erik
  22. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    LOL Tashi! Marvellous! Simply marvellous!

:D
  23. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Thank you! I had no idea where to take it. It was between Batman and a gigantic squirrel.
  24. Debo Chosen One

star 5
    Naturally, I've happily added the visuals.

The Action Adventures Of Awesome April [Visual Edition]

1. Debo

When he first attracted my attention, I can't remember. But I do know that he fascinated me for about two-and-a-half years after that day. Every time I passed him by, I felt it: something was the matter with this man. For every other person he was just a bum, a shadow in an alley. He had two suitcases; one was always open, day and night.

[image=http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:IWvFRNN3oQIC:www.wan-wan.net/breed/mydogsp/img/dfls04.jpg]

"Books" The Dog

In the case I could spot some books. These books... They became an obsession to me. What was in them? They were special books; they couldn't be just ordinary books. I saw it, I felt it. The other suitcase was always closed and sealed. How I grew to hate that suitcase!

[image=http://www.fine-art.demon.co.uk/Picnic/LeatherCase/Pictures/LeatherCase02al.jpg]

The actual sealed suitcase [2 am]

And at night time, he got his violin out to play. I always stood to listen, sometimes for hours, until he suddenly stopped and packed the instrument in again.

[image=http://www.alumni.uchicago.edu/magazine/0108/images/artfr_violin.jpg]

Oh when the Saints... Oh when the Saints...

No one seemed to notice him. No matter how long I waited, I never saw anyone approach him or even look at him. People passed him by as if he was a ghost; his hat, which was turned upside down in front of him, never had any coins in it. But at night he would take out his violin again and play.

[image=http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:FTvB9wPdS_kC:www.smithsonianlegacies.si.edu/photos/125.jpg]

Busker's hat (and leather jacket)

2. deltron-zero

My fascination with him grew, and yet I never tried to speak to him. It wasn't that I thought he wouldn't respond, or even that I was afraid of how he would respond. Rather, words just didn't seem to fit our meetings. It was as if his corner of the world existed outside of time, outside of language.

[image=http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:vCEHu3FzJNAC:www.enviropeel.com/orMULTI%2520CORNER%2520WORLD.gif]

The only corner of the world that exists out of time (not counting the village I live in)

Still, I wondered about those books, and the mysterious contents of the closed suitcase began to wear on my mind. I found myself thinking of him at odd moments... in the shower, at work, even at dinner with friends, until finally he was all I could think about. I would lay awake at night, the melody of his violin playing over and over in my thoughts, and the stress of not sleeping was beginning to take it's toll on my body and mind.

[image=http://www.fleet-feet.com/wandering_star/pics/showerman.jpg]

Thinking of him in the shower...

Sometimes I would stop and stare at him, even though it was broad daylight and his violin was safely tucked away, I would just stare. And, as if I had somehow slipped into his reality, no one seemed to notice me. Certainly not him, and not the countless busy souls that passed me on the street.

[image=http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:9-t9aG9a7aAC:www.metalfrogs.com/violin.jpg]

The violin player in his own reality

Until one day. One day as I stood there staring, ever so slowly, he looked up at me. It seemed like he had been waiting for this moment all along. All the days and nights, the seemingly endless obsession, it had all been a test and now I had finally passed. He looked up at me, still not speaking, and I returned his gaze. I tried not to act nervous but I knew that I was sweating. "What now?" I wondered to myself, and as if in answer to my thought, to both my horror and delight, he reached for the closed suitcase.

[image=http://www-gte.larc.nasa.gov/trace/TRACE-P-pictures/midway-goony-staring.JPG]

Staring back

3. wild_karrde

All of time seemed to slow. The people passing by on the street blurred around me, but the strange man was as clear as day. I st
  25. Debo Chosen One

star 5
    And so it was, dear readers. Everyone died, except our hero, who lived to tell another great adventure (if his friends and family could stand another, that is).

"Books" The Dog went on to become head of the marketing department of a big television production company until it was discovered he was just a dog.

The Violin Player traded his violin for a complete African drum set and bugged the hell out of his neighbours.

The Strange Light had several bit parts in science fiction series and films before fading into obscurity.

The Mid-Flight Bird enrolled at Harvard, where he eventually graduated in System Control and Flight Dynamics.

Dead Sister was last seen wandering in an English castle, rattling chains and generally being as annoying as she was when she was still alive.

Jewel had a hit or two, or not.

Awesome April had her own comic line, which spawned a multimillion-dollar business empire. Eventually, she made it to the big screen.

The Cow That Wasn't Safe During Zarkor's Short Return continued to give milk to young and old alike.

The Spring Evening Friend owes me a tenner. The bugger.

The Marnuckian Children grew up and became the Marnuckian Adults.

The Lawyer tried to sue herself for slander when she had muttered "I'm so stupid" to herself in the mirror one morning.

*** THE END ***
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.