1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Task Force Lazarus: Agents in the Employ of the Republic

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by CronaGorgon, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Spatz Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Oct 10, 2008
    star 3
    ~Luc~

    "Ah, enviro suits. That'll do...but with four hour of oxygen, I can asume that we'd have to make an hour getting there, an hour, or less retrieving the items, and the remaining time getting out, especially if there is any delicate matter to the objects in question." Luc stated, thinking over the mission profile. "As for entry, I vouch for the canyon entrance on the pure basis of safety. We wouldn't want tunnels collapsing on us, and as much as I respect our demolition expert's capabilities, I can't say that it'll be any safer. Now, what part of the mission can I lend my exprtise to?" That last scentence was hardly heard as he had said it under his breath, more to himself then anyone else. In the back of his mind he grinned, as he found it amusing that of all people in the universe, the team got the mysophobic, know-it-all, librarian, nude Wookie.

    Tag: Those Present
  2. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Jake Vespin
    Debriefing Room

    The Jedi and the Captain took turns trying to bore them to death. Jake perked up, when destinations were mentioned.

    "Our information shows that over 70% of the caverns have been submerged. We've currently got two options given our situation," Iobdys brought up a much smaller holo of the canyon, focusing on two points. The first point was a collapsed entry beneath the Eocho Mountains. "SoroSuub has lent us some mining equipment in order to reopen the collapsed tunnels. Drilling machines, explosives and the like. The drilling could take some time and though the explosives will clear a majority of the fallen rock from the caverns, the chance of them collapsing even further without proper supports is also hanging over our heads."

    The holo then switched to a spot in Imhar Canyon. "This route however would take longer to travel on foot, but would lead into one of the flooded caverns. Smaller underwater charges are recommended here... they will serve as a way to clear a path towards the sunken offices." Iobdys turned his eyes to Jake.

    They don't need to be stored in water, but given their relevant age, a gentle touch should be applied." The Zygerrian captain flexed his shoulders as he allowed the Jedi to continue where he left off.

    Jake leaned forward, looking at the holo's and then leaned back. "Sounds like we're taking option two. For one, dont fancy having a few metric tons of water coming down on my head..and unless someone here is an expert with drilling machines...." Jake snorted softly.

    He then looked over at the Jedi as the Captain left the room. "Why walk? Cant use speeders or bikes?" he asked.

    Jake then looked over the requisition form they had just handed him. He already had a stock of his own supplies, as he liked to make his det caps special..but hey, if they were willing to give him more...

    Thats when the kid spoke up.. and ruined his day. But he had a feeling something was not right ever since they started talking of this mission..
    "Im--"

    "My daughter." Aldru interrupted as the girl became silent. "Corynne. I wasn't going to say anything before we arrived at Ossus, but she will also be going with you on this mission."

    And the idiot didnt think to tell her first? Jake stood up. "Then the Jedi better be her babysitter."

    With that, Jake snatched the form off the table, and walked out the room. He could use a drink himself now. He had bombs and explosives, and underwater stuff to think on. A kid. Nope, not on him.

    He leaned against a wall in the hallway, studying the paper carefully. Underwater caps...hmmm. This was going to be tricky. Putting his mind to the task at hand, made him relax. He wandered around till he could find a desk, and began to study the form well, as he began to come up with a list of items for this adventure.

    He'd grab a drink after he was finished with his form.


    TAG: Briefing room, GM
  3. bad_feeling_haver Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 5, 2008
    star 1
    IC:Gahyyyrtukk
    Aboard the Young Thunder, Telos IV Orbit


    ?We've acquired sturdy underwater environmental suits for each of you once you reach the flooded caverns. The air supply will last close to four standard hours with a backup tank to add an additional hour on top of that. The digging aboveground won't require the use of the suits immediately, but should you decide to go though the opening in the canyon it may be a good idea to have them ready.?

    Gahyyyrtukk regarded Aldru with a bit of relief. At least he wouldn't have to swim, even if he did have to underground. And if they took the canyon route at least the underground travel would be minimized. ?I regret to say, friend, that in order to discern what would be of any value be it historical or monetary, your firsthand experience would be needed. We've noted your condition and have prepped your suit accordingly to accommodate you.?

    One would hope...
    Gahyyyrtukk thought. But he only gave Master Hedgerom a comprehending nod and an "All right" through Ohnine. But as he mulled the information over for another moment, Gahyyyrtukk decided he was actually very relieved and glad the Republic had provided them with envirosuits. After all, Gahyyyrtuk often wished he could wear one of those all the time, so he would have no problem with that part of the mission. He knew biologial matter could be transferred by using the same envirosuit as someone else, but he had enough faith in the Republic as an organization to believe they could properly sterilize an envirosuit.

    Gahyyyrtukk turned his attention to Vespin as the Human spoke. "Sounds like we're taking option two. For one, don't fancy having a few metric tons of water coming down on my head..and unless someone here is an expert with drilling machines...." Good. Gahyyrtukk preferred the second option. This human was apparently an expert on tunneling and such. He seemed to know what he was talking about, and Gahyyyrtukk reasoned if he did have to go under ground, it was best to go with someone who knew what he was doing.

    Vespin looked at Hedgerom "Why walk? Cant use speeders or bikes?" he asked.

    "Yes," the Wookiee added, "do we need to go on foot? Will we be inserted far from the entrance to these ruins?" He preferred just about anything to walking. "And how far do the tunnels run before we get to the aquatic chambers?"

    The Bith gave Gahyyyrtukk his requisition form. He began to look to over as he heard a stirring from the blonde girl who had not spoken yet.

    ?Im--?


    ?My daughter.? Aldru interrupted ?Corynne. I wasn't going to say anything before we arrived at Ossus, but she will also be going with you on this mission.?

    The girl's look was what interested Gahyyyrtukk the most. He was astute enough to catch the look of surprise she gave, indicating she was probably not actually the Jedi's daughter, but he kept quiet. He tended to trust the Republic, but he was very curious as to why they would conceal anything from a team of specialists they had chosen. But he wasn't about to get any answers in front of the Jedi Master and that Captain. He caught himself feeling rather indifferent toward the girl herself. He wasn't going to be the one to babysit this girl, but he doubted anyone expected him to. And he assumed she had some kind of needed skill if her father was sending her along with a team of seven hand-picked specialists.

    Gahyyyrtukk set to filling out his requisition form. He had been expecting to catalog undiscovered minerals or geological formations, or maybe even animal species, but he hadn't prepared to transport and restore delicate artifacts. He knew of some equipment that would help him with those jobs.

    TAG: Any
  4. BLemelisk Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 19, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Arco Vasser
    Aboard Rolling Thunder, Telos IV Orbit

    As the briefing continued and the mission details began to fly, Vasser produced a tablet-sized datapad and stylus and proceeded to enter notes covering the particulars. Imhar Canyon Region, Ossus: Approx. 70% of subterranean caverns flooded. Danger of collapse present... When finished with the operation specifics, he went on to record the input of the rest of the members of the Task Force in shorthand as well, attached to a separate file. He would use all of these observations when composing his report to his superiors at the conclusion of the mission.

    "Sounds like we're taking option two. For one, dont fancy having a few metric tons of water coming down on my head..and unless someone here is an expert with drilling machines...."

    When Vespin and Gahyyyrtukk spoke up in support of the second possible branch of the mission, along with their mutual apparent dislike of the walk to actually get there, Vasser threw in with them. After all, if they were going to be risking their necks in submerged caverns, the less trekking to get to that point was all the better. "I agree with our demolitions specialist and our cataloger. Also, wouldn't we be able to just land this vessel near the jump-off point and be done with it?" And after a display of a polite smile to the Jedi's supposed daughter, he added, "And maybe Corynne here should just stay behind with the ship, Master Hedgerom. I can't help but think the Senate would view her inclusion as a liability."

    TAG: Briefing Room
  5. CronaGorgon Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 26, 2010
    Aldru Hedgerom, Corynne

    Telos IV Orbit / Consular-class Republic Cruiser Young Thunder / Debriefing Room


    As expected, not everyone was very keen on a thirteen year old girl accompanying a team of Republic Agents into dangerous territory. After all, what if she got hurt? She was apparently the daughter of a Jedi after all. That wasn't too common that a Jedi would be allowed to marry or have children, so suspicions were warranted.

    Jake Vespin was among the first to leave in regards to this information, so before anyone else could voice an opinion on the matter, Hedgerom spoke up once more. ?The landing craft will be able to bring you as close as possible to drop off the equipment, so you will be in a deforested area set up for the purpose of our landing. The supplies you requisition will be dropped at the entrance of the cave for easy access.?

    This was when he allowed a slight smile to cross his lips. ?As much as I would prefer to accompany you agents on this mission delving for ancient artifacts that have a tie to Jedi history, I am required to meet with the Chancellor in regards to further involvement in part by the Jedi Order. This is why I leave Corynne in your capable hands.?

    Hedgerom continued to observe the shocked expression on his ?daughter's? face and tried to calm her while speaking specifically to Arco Vasser. ?The Senate knows of her involvement, Agent Vasser. In fact... they were the ones who suggested that she go. Master Yoda and the Chancellor made it very clear that this was necessary... as a method of separation for me. Our superiors within the Task Force have also expressed that Agents should be able to deal with the unexpected, given that not every mission can go as planned.? His tone seemed a bit grave now, as if it wasn't something he wanted either.

    ?It's okay. I'll try not to get in anyone's way...? The girl said as she placed her hand on the aging Jedi's arm. Perhaps she was trying to comfort him, and it didn't seem to be working. Corynne sighed and looked to the group with silent apology reflecting in her eyes.


    TAG: Briefing Room

    * * *

    GM Announcement: It's at this time I'd like everyone to post the items you have requested to use on this mission before your next in-character post. Be sure to include quantities as well. In my next GM update I'll repost the list as something of a cargo manifest with what was able to be acquired. [face_peace]
  6. Mr-Fett Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 11, 2009
    star 1
    OOC: Can we make an in character post of us say checking off a list of things and reporting them? or should we just post a list in an ooc?
  7. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Jake Vespin
    Telos IV Orbit,Consular-class Republic Cruiser Young Thunder, Onboard Cantina

    Jake wandered around a bit, until he eventually found someone to point in in the right direction of where he could grab a drink. He found a place with a table, and slumped down. THIS is why he hated such jobs. Idiots want to put stupid conditions on you, with no particular reasons. He gave a sigh.

    Either way, that was THEIR problem.

    Jake stared at the paperwork. What would they need? Well, that was kind of difficult when you had no REAL idea of what you were dealing with. What type of rock. How much water were they really talking about. Hmmm.

    Dealing with underwater stuff was always a pain. Jake pulled out his datapad and scanned it. He ALWAYS had a bit of equipment on him to work with, cause he never assumed that they would stock him with what he might need. Nope, he rather roll his own. He scanned his current supplies..

    *Inside various places and backpack
    (inside cases)
    75 Detanators
    75 Caps
    75 Blasters
    75 Dentonite
    3 flashpaste
    8 flash-pops
    5 flash grenades
    4 pressure bombs
    4 mist canisters
    3 gloppers (Glop bomb)
    1 punch and pop
    2 Thermal Detonators
    3 Proton grenade
    3 tubes of Maranium - Likes purple
    D-tape
    Putty
    2 033x - (Old school)
    (Other Missles)
    10 HE rounds - High Explosive
    4 HEAP weapons were High-Explosive, Armor-Piercing missiles
    2 Grappling Missile
    0 Ion-blast Missile
    8 Minlet Missile (Concussion)

    Hmm. He looked at his attachments for his grapple. Nope..too high. He needed something..'softer'. He started to write on the paperwork, what extras he might need:

    1 Punch and pop.
    2 D-tape..yeah, that stuff was hard to get to.
    2 tubes of putty, so he could shape the charge
    extra 25 caps and detonators..
    extra 25 blasters
    Dentonite - maybe 10

    He would probably have to put out a LOT of small shaped charges, in order to do this without bringing down the mountain. hmmm. Jake scanned his list.

    Wait a sec. Jake started scanning his files. He forgot about something. The Minlet Missile. He only had a few of those. He added 10 more to the list. Those were very low yield..but had a point that could punch through alot. Would be perfect for placing a charge if he couldnt reach it.

    Jake tapped his finger on the table, as he thought of his list. He thought submerged city. So he also added small hand drill. Something that worked UNDERWATER. And a burner. Something that would produce a flame underwater if necessary.

    With a cough, Jake finalized his list:

    **************
    1 Punch and pop.
    2 D-tape..yeah, that stuff was hard to get to.
    2 tubes of putty, so he could shape the charge
    extra 25 caps and detonators..
    extra 25 blasters
    Dentonite - maybe 10
    4 grappling missiles
    10 Minlet missiles
    Small hand drill (Underwater type)
    Burner - (Underwater flame)
    *****************

    Jake scratched his chin, as he looked over his list one last time. He then walked over to the bartender.

    "I hope you have Tihaar in yer bar. I need a good drink." Jake told the man. He would turn in his list once he got his drink.


    TAG:Everyone, GM

  8. BLemelisk Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 19, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Arco Vasser
    Aboard Rolling Thunder, Telos IV Orbit

    ?The Senate knows of her involvement, Agent Vasser. In fact... they were the ones who suggested that she go. Master Yoda and the Chancellor made it very clear that this was necessary... as a method of separation for me. Our superiors within the Task Force have also expressed that Agents should be able to deal with the unexpected, given that not every mission can go as planned.?

    Left with his mouth slightly open in his previous display of kindness toward the girl, he looked again back at Master Hedgerom. "Ah."

    He had certainly wished his superiors had sent him along something indicative of the girl's inclusion; now he just looked like he didn't know what he was talking about. Hedgerom's suggestion of a Lazarus agent's mettle was also a well-crafted power play by the Jedi. Vasser nodded politely, "Of course, Master Jedi. I always defer to the Council's good judgement."

    Taking the intervening lull to direct his attention toward his datapad, he accessed the requisition screen which pertained to the mission. It had some suggestions of the types of equipment which would be available once they arrived on the surface of the planet. After a momentary glance out the briefing room viewport and toward the orb of Telos IV which hung nearby against the starfield, he added a note to the quartermaster which simply stated, Only standard hazop gear.

    After all, his purpose was his mere inclusion in the mission. He could assist and take charge in many different ways, but only after a situation had been verified.

    TAG: GM, Any
  9. bad_feeling_haver Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 5, 2008
    star 1
    IC:Gahyyyrtukk
    Aboard the Young Thunder, Telos IV Orbit


    Gahyyyrtuk made out his datapad. He would be bringing several personal items that he always carried that made him feel comfortable: tissues, gloves, cold medicine, hand sanitizer. He had some idea of what archaeologists used, but he wasn't one himself.

    He requested the following items:
    -Gyroscopically stable repulsor-based airtight storage units (size and quantity to be based on projected size and quantity of artifacts)
    -Sonic picks
    -Sonic brushes
    -Enclosed and reinforced repulsor dolley
    -Antifungal agent
    -Antibacterial agent
    -Deoxidizing agent
    -Handheld dehydrating field generator

    Gahyyyrtukk also made a note that he be given any other standard archaeological equipment mission command deemed useful. He wasn't totally sure what to expect, and he didn't really have any archaeological training. Come to thing of it, he didn't have any formal training as a historian either, but he'd have to act as one.

    He noticed some of the others heading off to the ship's cantina. Gahyyyrtukk did not drink often, and never fermented alcohol, which he knew was just the waste product of bacteria. Instead he went to have a look at his quarters and refresher. He liked to inspect his personal spaces for cleanliness when he would be staying in one place for a long time. After that, if there was any more time before the mission, he though he might have a look at the ship's med-bay, to be sure it was up to snuff.

    TAG: Any
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.