main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TASK FOUR] And the Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 4' started by Suzuki_Akira, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Here's my first go at it, stuff can be changed, blah blah.

The Vatican has long suspected Olu Kwaii, rising bishop, of some sort of foul play. The current Pope, [b]Pope Petrus Romanus[/b], is under constant watch. His health is of no immediate concern - which, while refreshing for the Vatican, is annoying to Olu Kwaii, [b]Nubian[/b], and his following. The intelligentsia has found his rise in religion dubious at best, but he has been able to perform medically documented miracles - tumors in cancerous patients simply disappearing after a visit to his [i]Blessings from our Black Savior[/i] estate with no known cause or surgery. Unbeknowst to the Vatican and the rest of the world, [b]Nubian[/b] has actually been accomplishing these feats with control over the [i]Quantum Quill[/i] that becomes more and more refined with each passing day.

The people begin to regard [b]Nubian[/b] with the same status as the Pope, and even with the good health of [b]Petrus Romanus[/b] speculation already begins as to whether Olu Kwaii could become a new pope. At this time, the papacy is experiencing renewed political influence with the world powers, as the Catholic faith itself experienced a great resurgence in those countries, even among the leaders of the nations. [b]Nubian[/b] suddenly begins to work his way through the papal politics, amassing a following within the church with the help of the powers and wit of his former secret lover and current co-conspirator, Mindella, who is carrying his child, and beginning to show her delicate state more and more. With this in mind, [b]Nubian[/b] seeks the help of [b]Nightshade[/b], prodigious assassin, to test the defenses of the Vatican against infiltration, and possibly set up [b]Petrus Romanus[/b] for an 'accidental' seeming death.

Demonic forces began to shift human events in [b]Nubian[/b]'s aid, and this did not escape the watchful eye of [b]White Lightning[/b]. He found resistance too strong to approach himself, so he enlisted the help of [b]The Great Origami[/b], who adjusted the composition of paper to form a Bible - with paper bugging equipment. With this intelligence work, they were able to ascertain [b]Nubian[/b]'s plot to move in some fashion against the Vatican, but their bug was somehow caught during one of [b]Nubian[/b]'s sweeps. This tipped him off to the breach, and knowing that the Vatican shipped in Bibles the previous week, to the source of the breach. The only clue about the nature of the strike that the Vatican's duo were able to ascertain was a code that [b]Nubian[/b] used with his staff: "Jonah 1:2". They needed to save the Pope and destroy the name of Olu Kwaii in time - or the church would fall, and the world with it.

[hr]

[b][u]ROLES:[/u][/b]

[b]Nubian:[/b] Conspirator to rule the Church

[b]Mindella:[/b] Works the public, the Church from the inside, and much to [b]Nubian's[/b] protest, some of the covert operations.

[b]Nightshade:[/b] Awaiting further instructions at complimentary location.

[b]Shaniqua:[/b] Janitor at [b]Nubian[/b]'s [i]Blessings from our Black Savior[/i] estate, LaMoz coach for [b]Mindella[/b].

[b]White Lightning:[/b] Working against [b]Nubian[/b] and [b]Mindella[/b] on both spiritual and worldly plains.

[b]The Great Origami:[/b] Working on intel against [b]Nubian[/b] and [b]Mindella[/b]

[b]Bearded Ninja Turtle Guy with Sticks:[/b] Training in wait to intercept any attacks on the Pope.

[b]Mystic Kitten:[/b] **** if I know.

And then there's a bunch of other characters whose JCers don't have their **** together.

EDIT: Added D_G's character

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Question, if my character is a hairdresser in my bio, how is he a janitor in this?

3. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Because Nubian doesn't require hairdressing, he's certainly content with his zigzags. However, the toilets need cleaning.

4. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    sounds intriguing....

but maybe a few tweaks. minor.

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Isn't there any romance in this? Every action movie has to have at least *some* romance. Or a rape scene.

6. jedikitty19

jedikitty19 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 23, 2006
    i had to take a double take on what slg said. :p

7. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    I was actually planning for one with Nightshade, since getting her rare use of words provides an easy tool to show intimacy: "she actually talks to lover x! talks!" Nubian was my first idea, but that's after the plot has progressed a bit.

8. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    So when can we start epics?

9. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Can we dine in hell, and initiate full War Rhino capacity?

10. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I say we have the movie start, at least nominally, at midnight Saturday board time. That way we all know that after that time it's a goer.

11. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    During your breakfast of tea and crumpets(running out of British jokes)?

12. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Would you like my help? If so, what would you like me to do?

13. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    The things I'd like you to do....

*stops self*

:p

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm not a piece of meat people! [face_frustrated]

dogs... all dogs.. and a cat. :p

15. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Boiled eggs?

16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm more of a platypus, myself.

17. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005

I was going to ask if you'd like to have lunch sometime!! Jeez!!

18. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    One should not forget one's soldiers.

-JR :)

19. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Of varying ranks.

20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I've never had a crumpet... am I truly missing something? Should I correct this, or are they not all that great?

21. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Crumpets with butter (or whatever your spread of choice is) spread on top, so it melts through, are lovely.

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    There's a tea house not far from where I work that serves pastries / etc from all over... including crumpets. I'll have one Monday morning and give you my review. :p

23. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
  24. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    can't you people sepak normal english? (lol)

(of course i speak american.)

anyway, do you guys want me to make some sort of trailer? because i can. if so, when does it need to be due?

25. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    That would be cool, but the story probably needs to be completely fleshed out first.

I'm a glo-worm, myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.