main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

taste of Colorado

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by chunk_the_jawa, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    is laborday weekend . do we want to dress up and hit it up and hand out fliers ? it could be fun.

2. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    uumm just a quick question

why hand out fliers? haven't been too active on the boards lately but why fliers?

oh well

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Aw man ---I love the Taste of Colorado!!! Lucky buggers!!!

And flyers sounds like a great plan. Get the word out! :D

4. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Funny you should mention this:

A. I'd love to go the taste of Colorado
    B. I just picked up the stack of flyers i've got from my old place today

5. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I'll be at the shelter most of Sunday and Monday, so I won't be able to make it.

6. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    okay, explanations for non-colorado residents would be great here :p

7. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I say don't dress up, go there, have a lot of fun and show everyone that you're having a good time. Meet new people and then mention it. If it's one thing people hate... it's someone handing out flyers. What's even worse is people dressed up as star wars characters handing out flyers. Just have fun and have a few on standby for people you meet and get to talking to. Otherwise that's just freaky. Think about it from the average person's point of view. :)

8. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    OK JO, your calling yourself "normal"? :)

I say don't dress up because it's always so hot. Friday night is Night Ranger, anybody interested in hanging out for that?

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Did not know that. Hmmmmmmm. Let me check my schedule, I may have show up for that one.

10. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I just figure we are a STAR WARS group and should strut our stuff. As far as fliers go we don't just hand them out to everybody just people that talk to us and seam interested. that would be my only reason for going as I love to eat but not at the prices they charge for stuff, the crafts and art stuff is cool too . to be honest I liked the attention I got at KEMP. people that wernt even there for star wars were asking to get pictures with me. and thats what its about makin the little kids smile and be like hay I saw darth maul or I saw a real jedi. and if we can pimp the RMFF in the process then great.

[steep's down from self rightious soap box]

JD: the taste of colorado is like a street fair food art crafts beer but all at a high price.

11. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    at a verry high price . eat before you go , and just get a little food there . and if you want to drink , its gonna cost you !

i would have to say if anyone wants to dress in costume , go for it . i dont think i want to roast in my costume until i have some alterations done . i think i will wear a star wars shirt and i'll hand out some flyers . im gettin good at it !

12. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I think we should have fun, pass out flyers, pimp the group and ignore JO's sad need to ***t on stuff other people want to do.

I'm definitely up for going to Night Ranger as a seperate thing from going in the daytime to pass out flyers, scary, but I saw Night Ranger in concert I believe in 1984.

13. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    hahahahahahaha , dude , your old ! hahahahahaha

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I caught them in 86 & 89. I don't remember where I saw them in 86, but 89 was down at the auditorium on the AF Academy Campus. Killer show, and I think I remember it being their last tour as a whole group.

& Quit making fun of the Elderly. We get cranky when that happens.

I've got my RMFF T-Shirt that I made. I have 6 more sheets of transfer paper, if anyone want me to make one up for them. I have Sith Inferno & Rebellion themes right now but I could come up w/ something else if you like.

15. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    what ever you guys want to do.

16. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Chunk-It's not that no one wants to dress up, it's just that we all have costumes that are friggin hot in the sun. I think a good excuse for dressing up might be to help out w/ one of the Halloween Treat Streets they set up for the kids in October. Summer is just not a good time for costumes. Maybe after we get these Rebel Trooper get ups done, we'll be up for a summer event.

17. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    okay since Obiwannabe was nice enough to explain why the flyers for feeding the general public of the site and group

guess i am just a tad slow and i would be happy to pass out flyers but don't have a costume so not dressing up but i do have a really sexy friend and she could dress up in a bikini [face_mischief]

uhmm maybe that is just a tad too pimpy

lol!!!

later

18. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Thank you Spike, I needed that laugh!

19. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    no seriously whatever we as a group decied to do is fine , just because we dont dress up doesnt mean we cant pack sabers and flier's. although the sabers might draw some atention from the law.

20. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    PtrsZoo

no really she is very pretty and although does not like Star Wars or sci fi, she would do it just for the attention. If I had her body and combined it w/ my knowledge and wit I WOULD RULE THE WORLD!!! LOL!!!

glad I made you giggle!!! ;)

later and feeling saucy!!

21. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    uhh ok. And you can all ignore me because i..**** on other people's stuff? Am I not part of this group? I can't make suggestions? I have to all of a sudden go along with everyone else? I didn't say don't do it, i was suggesting a better way of doing it but you had to go and say something stupid like that. I will continue to say whatever I damn well please. Did i say "that's a stupid idea, you guys suck for that"? No, I didn't. I say dress up, hand out flyers like the cult we aren't and see how well that turns out. But excuse me for trying to make this reasonable. You do whatever the hell you want to do. I'm not telling anyone what to do and what not to do.

22. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    I say dress up, hand out flyers like the cult we aren't and see how well that turns out.

IN RESPONSE TO THIS

hey JO sorry but this comment made me laugh and well cool, glad you spoke your mind
    now I have visions of the Hari Chriserners
    opps sorry about the misspelling but laughing and giggling. let me repeat not laughing about your opinion just that little sippet.

later

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    How about instead of fliers we hand out buisness cards? Those we can carry around at all times and just hand them out whenever someone asks about it.

24. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    hhmm JGOC business cards you say

well, interesting but I don't know how I feel about that Really, do I really want just every regular Joe Schmo lurking and posting here . . . no!!! I don't want to share any of you. . . MINE, mine , mine so not down with the flyers or business cards

really, just kidding that was just me
    acting and being a drama queen sometimes my stalker comes out and plays

"IT rubs the lotion on its skin"
    "IT puts the lotion back in the bucket"
    Ha, just a little Silence of the Lambs for you

:D lol!!! ha ha ah funny
    sorry if this post made you uncomfortable

later

25. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Your opinion is always welcome JO, it's the way you express it, and you know it.

It's fine to say you don't want to do something, or have a different way to do it. It's the way you insult the people who want to do it and demean them, go back and read the post, you do it about 3 times.

And you have done this almost anytime you don't want to do an activity. Go back and read the posts.

Everyone knows dressing up, collecting things, playing the games, etc. is not my thing, but I never make anyone else feel bad or wrong or "not normal" for wanting to do it.

There's a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.