main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST Tatooine Dreams Novella. Part 1 Up July 22, 2017

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MartyAvidianus, Jul 22, 2017.

1. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Title: Tatooine Dreams
    Author: Martyavidanus
    Timeframe: circa 33 ABY
    Characters: Kyp Durron, Veila Ren, Kortaz (OC), Gate (OC)
    Genre: Action.
    Keywords: Knight of Ren. Slave. Sand People. Jedi.
    Summary: Ever since Tenel Ka was kidnapped by the Knight of Ren, Jedi Knight Kyp Durron has been trying to rescue her. A run in with an old classmate leads him to the desert world of Tatooine, where he hope to get revenge on Tenel Ka’s abductor.

Notes: Direct Sequel to Is it Veila or Is it Ren prompts. Yearn, Theater, First, Air, Conviction, and Sunshine.

Tatooine.

Kyp Durron wrapped his grey cowl around his thinning body as he walked out of the docking bay 81. The old freighter that he piloted on the desert planet was on its last legs, and hasn’t been refuelled in three months. Despite the heat, Kyp shivered.

He misses the kid.

Kyp didn’t know where the Knights of Ren took Tenel Ka Djo. By pure accident he met his Dorg Lue, one of his old Caridan classmate on a Fondor cantina. Dorg told Kyp that after near two years, the insane Kylo Ren was back, sans the command ship, but he was definitely back. Veila Ren was with him.

The last time Kyp saw Tenel Ka was on that bridge. He was helpless as the blonde First Order enforcer took his apprentice away. Kyp is determined to get her back, but has failed four times already. Now he can’t find the kid’s Force presence at all. He refuses to give up hope. The girl has to be out there, waiting for rescue.

A orange coloured Toydarian walked toward Kyp, and walked side by side him for four minutes. Kyp didn’t turn his head, but simply talked.

“Greetings. Maggo. I trust the last batch of credits was satisfactory?”

“Sure, sure, Maggo pleasure to do business for Knight of Ren. Maggo says brokarius good. Will Snoke serve Leader Supreme.”

“As do we all,” Kyp said. “Now, do you have what the Knight of Ren demands?”

“Yes. Follow me.” Maggo the Toydarian flew away. Kyp walked with the appropriate pace as Maggo stopped at a large door to a rectangular structure. He clicked several buttons and the door opened.

Droid part was everywhere: on the floors, on hooks, and by the window. The smell of oil was strong. Maggo flew this way and that, taking a large green coloured key and headed for a small cupboard. All the while screamed “GIRL!”

“Yes? Master?” A wisp whispered. Black bangs on a too large head walked out of nowhere.

Guest honored today, girl. Arrange it so that lazy bones yours and customers greet.”

“Of course, master, right away.” The wisp said.
    Kyp winced. He knelt down and motioned for the thin girl to come over. “Hi, Gate. Look what I have for you today?” He reached inside his robe and found a piece of Dalk bread and a small marble.

Gate smiled and nibbled the thin slices. Kyp used the Force to manipulate the marble to fly around the girl. She giggled weakly, and give Kyp a gentle kiss by the ear. “I want to be a Knight Renny when I grow up.”

Kyp turned his face, picked up Gate, and blinked several times. He then found Maggo flying toward the two of them with a bag.

If he is successful this time, Kyp decided, if what Maggo provides works, and Veila Ren takes the bait. Then...

Five people came in the hardware shop at that moment.

“Hey Maggo. Have the spice ready today?” A large Duros asked. His companions chuckled.

The marble dropped on the floor.

“The spice best from pace republic, guaranteed.” Maggo replied.

“[That’s what you said last time].” A rodian said in huttese. “[It didn’t us pleasure. We will test it, on your slave girl.]

Blue blade came into being and the rodian dropped onto the dirty floor in four pieces.

Maggo screamed his Toydarian scream, and tried to start the guard droids, but in his panic his shivering hand refused to work the remote.

Kyp didn’t have any choice.

Sometimes later Kyp felt some pressure on his legs.

“Knight Renny!”

Kyp picked up the former slave girl. With the twin suns of Tatooine bearing down, the bodies will be found soon. Kyp raided the larder. He converted his cowl into a makeshift bag. Minutes later, Gate fell asleep on his back.

Kyp walked inside the swoop race arena. He could feel eyes looking curiously at him and his new ward. Tenel Ka was Gate’s age, Kyp reflected.

Five hours and four wins later, Kyp was strapping Gate down on the seat of his new K-B1 speeder.

He started the engine, and made for the other contact he had on Tatooine.

Almost a full day later, Kyp found the Tusken Raider’s camp. After making the ritual greetings, and having danced the traditional Gu’msto Bantha dance, they were welcomed inside the chief’s tent at sunset.

“Kortaz, my old friend.” Kyp gripped the offered hand. “This is my new friend, Gate.”

“Gugharaooohooo Tahirihu?”

Kyp nodded.

The Tusken Raider released Kyp’s hand, and sat down, put Gate on his lap. He bellowed.

A young Tusken raider, female, brought out a long gaffee stick. Kortaz gestured.

Wuyam and Gruszo tea was brought forth.

The Sand People was going to war.

Mav Edit: Prefix changed to Saga-ST since this seems to take place within the Saga era definition (TPM through Episode 9). Since I don't know if it's Legends or not (it has Legends characters) and the prequel to this story doesn't have a Legends prefix, I'm leaving it off. Please contact a fanfic mod if this change is incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018