main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tatooine episode for CW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Conetroooper, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conetroooper

Conetroooper Jedi Master

Jul 19, 2006
    One of the mysteries of the films that I've been trying to figure out is how Yoda and Obi-Wan known about the Lars on Tatooine. Although Obi-Wan knew Anakin was on Tatooine in AOTC, and Yoda sensed his distress, there's been nothing in the films or even the EU so far to explain how they knew about the Lars family.

Perhaps some point during the war, Anakin returns to Tatooine, and we have a similar situation to that described in ANH-Anakin and Lars have a nasty argument or something, and Obi-Wan learns about Shmi's death and the Lars (The ROTS novel does state that he has somehow learned about Shmi's death).

2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Maybe. Or maybe Anakin told Obi-Wan what happened while he was on Tatooine during Episode II. I've always wondered how this will all be explained, bearing in mind Yoda knew what Anakin did to the Sand People.

3. Conetroooper

Conetroooper Jedi Master

Jul 19, 2006
    There's an implication in a deleted scene in ROTS that Obi-Wan has known all about the marriage all this time, but has decided not to tell the council or even Anakin about his knowledge. So maybe he did some homework on his own...

Another possibility, perhaps, is that Obi-Wan assumed Shmi would still be alive (Although Obi-Wan never met Shmi, he did know about her), but eventually found out about her fate the same way Anakin did.

4. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I thought it was just implied that they found out shortly after AOTC. Obi Wan knows that Anakin originates from Tatooine and that he went to save his mother when he was supposed to be on Naboo. I'm sure Anakin told him about his mother dying and finding that she was married to Cleig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.