main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tatooine Ghost. I have a question about what the Stormtrooper leader was talking about

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMasterKendo, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    As to the part where he was giving some speech about methods of questioning people and stuff. What was up with him taking off his pauldron and putting it on another trooper and then putting back on himself?

2. CaptainJackBauer24

CaptainJackBauer24 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 15, 2008
    Dude, that was Grand Admiral Thrawn.

3. JediMasterKendo

Jun 2, 2000
    but still. I'm asking bout what was up with Thrawn if he that was him in disguise as a stormtrooper. Why did he take off the pauldron and put it on one of the stormtroopers and then put it back on himself?

4. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Can you post the specifics of that? Did he put it on another for a brief period of time, or for a significant period of the book, or what? It's been about three or four years since I've read the book...

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah, I don't really remember the scene, so a quote or page numbers would be nice. Otherwise I'll just assume he was doing it to prove some kind of point and being his usual unconventional self.

6. JediMasterKendo

Jun 2, 2000
    yeah the head stormtrooper was trying to prove some kind of point about something related to getting answers from questioning people with or without brute force or something.

This scene occurs when Han and Leia are that one Inn where Leia finds out about Shmi's holojournal datapad. I just find it odd with the pauldron being taken off him and put on another trooper and then put back on him

7. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    [Italics mine]

It looks to me like the pauldron switching was to show Dama and Keesa that it was impossible to tell which stormtrooper was which without the pauldron indicating who was in charge, and that the pauldron could be switched quickly when a trooper was demoted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.