main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Tatooine Speculation Thread..Why go back?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedirush2112, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airseven

Airseven Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2013
    Conclusions like this are great messageboard fodder but alas very silly and premature.

As for the Tusken Raiders, I don't expect this movie to lean on so many past characters and themes. I highly doubt the Raiders are involved in any manner.

2. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    So maybe the AT-AT foor and the Tusken village are actually at the same location. I could see the Tusken set up camp at the location of great battle. IIRC Tusken are naomadic but have seasonal camps that they revisit. (in the Kenobi novel they even stole an evaporator for their hideout). I think that Tatooine will not play a prominent role in the movie, maybe 10-20 minutes. They only filmed for 2 weeks on location. I could see it as the first location to reintroduce us to the galaxy.
    I could well see some plot like Boyega and Ridley searching for Luke and eventually find him at the Tusken camp (this would explain why Mark wasn't on location, his scenes will be filmed on set in London. Then the big battle happens and they will all be rescued by Han and the Falcon. Then the real story begins.

3. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    So...we have a little bit more info.

There are these photos: http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/02/star-wars-episode-7-set-photos-secret-pics-new-creature/

& the fact that John Boyega & Daisy Ridley have both been filming in Abu-Dabi & therefore Tatooine: http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Back_From_Abu_Dhabi

The scale of the setup on location, & having at least 2 of the main cast suggests that the Tatooine part of the story may be more prominent than many of us first thought back when the AT-AT foot was revealed.

Armed with this new information what do we think is going on?

I'm thinking we see a journey of the 2 younger characters to Tatooine, maybe just to visit. Daisy Ridley could be going on a nostalgic trip through her family's history. Then perhaps something dramatic happens whilst there. Boyega could be either her friend or fellow Jedi student, or even a local there who she meets.

4. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Not only do we have Abu Dhabi as Tatooine, we also have Pinewood as Tatooine. If Ep7 is paced anything like ANH, ROTJ and TPM, Tatooine will be roughly a third of the film, which means it'll have to be significant to the story.

The planet-hopping of both AOTC and ROTS felt a bit too condensed and I'm really hoping they get away from that. Instead I'd like to see maybe Ridley and Boyega get some time to develop their characters on Tatooine before anything action-packed happens.

5. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Do we know Pinewood is being used for Tatooine? I saw that they built Pork Sandtrotter there, but that's it.

6. Slewnay

Slewnay Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2014
    Not having any informations about Mark Hamill being in Abu Dhabi doesn't mean he is not.
    As far as I'm aware of, we know for sure D. Ridley and J. Boyega were in Abu Dhabi. We also know that Carrie Fisher was somewhere in the UK (according to her tweets). But (I think) we have no information about who wasn't in Abu Dhabi for sure, Isn't it ?
    Maybe Hamill went for a week of shooting in Abu Dhabi and that information didn't leaked.

And also the "Tusken camp" photo is claimed to have been taken at Pinewood studios

7. TtheForceHurts

Jan 28, 2010
    There was that set photo of the "Tusken" huts and an aerial shot of the backlot, which was covered in Sand...

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  8. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Yeah, the leaked Pinewood set was very obviously Tatooine.

9. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Indeed. It's been said several times now that just because an actor was not in Abu Dhabi, it doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be on Tatooine. Harrison and Peter never went to Tunisia and yet their characters were in the Cantina and the Falcon's hangar.

Jedirush2112 and Artoo-Dion like this.
  10. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Not sure I've seen that photo. Do you have a source?

DarthPinoy likes this.
  11. TtheForceHurts

Jan 28, 2010
    Both were taken down quickly.

BTW: I found this on the net, since we already have a foot, I would love to see something like this:

[​IMG]

12. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    It is now here on the forum: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/filming-announcement-may-2014.50019092/page-56#post-51568568

I don't believe there was an aerial shot, however.

Darth_Downunder and DarthPinoy like this.
  13. TtheForceHurts

Jan 28, 2010
    There was a recent shot from above where you saw the whole backlot filled with sand, but to pixilated to make out details, it was an update to the, now deleted post on starwars7news.com. I was on my phone right then and did not save the image.

14. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Yeah, as much as I am bored of Tatooine, it does seem like it will be a very important place in the movie. Of course there is a lot more to Tatooine than we saw. Hell, we never saw Anchorhead in the movies. Nothing on Tusken culture, no living Krayt Dragon...I know this is stretching it but maybe the cave with the Star Map in it will cause some trouble. I loved Tatooine in KotoR.

15. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    FYI, that starwars7news.com aerial picture was from 2012 for reference. :)

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    The newer actual pic:

[​IMG]

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  17. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    While I would rather not go back to Tatooine, I'll be fine with it as long as JJ and company make the stay there worthwhile. It looks like we'll be seeing some new stuff there, so that's encouraging to me.

Hopefully we won't come back to Tatooine in the following films though, aside from perhaps a final scene or two at the end of Episode IX.

18. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    I think that's the equivalent of growing up in a really small town but being born in the big city hospital. Tatooine is his home planet, Polis Massa is his birthplace.

Anyway, assuming Daisy Ridley is a Solo child, I'd kind of like to see something along the lines of one of these:

1. Ridley and John Boyega's characters, one or both of whom are Jedi, are on a seemingly easy mission which brings them to Tatooine. There they find something leading them into the main plot of the movie.

2. Ridley, in a rebellious phase, ends up on Tatooine. Perhaps it's ship trouble, or she thinks it's the last place her parents will look, or she's looking for danger (that sign in the spoiler pictures does say "WARNING".) At any rate, she meets Boyega (either someone sent to find her, or a shady-looking local or spacer) and they stumble upon trouble that brings them to the main plot. (I like this one better.)

Also, I hope the market we've seen has a similar flavor to Dannar's Claim/ the Pika Oasis, and I'd really love to see old A'Yark (or a similar Sand Person character). :)

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003

cool. hadn't seen this yet.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  20. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Now this one is definitely Tusken.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  21. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Agreed, I can see Luke wondering into the same old Cantina and finding them there sitting in the same place.

Luke: " I knew I would find you here!"

Han: " They have the best Juri Juice. Did Leia sent you to find me?"

Luke: "No! I came on my own accord. Your children are in danger!"

CairnsTony and Iron_lord like this.
  22. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    I can see Luke wondering into the same old Cantina and upon seeing him, the bartender sayin: I have a bad feeling about this.

Iron_lord and darklordoftech like this.
  23. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    it would be crazy if we see tuskens at their camp and then a robed figure comes out of a hut. it turns out luke has finally found a way to befriend the tuskens.

24. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    You've hit on something that is not a bad idea, and would echo The Illiad with Patroclus, Paul Muadib giving water, and Ender in Speaker for the Dead, redemption. Maybe absolution.

25. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.