main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Tatooine Speculation Thread..Why go back?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedirush2112, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    Tony quoted someone else talking about a cantina scene first (who wasn't joking though, from the looks of it). In my first post, I didn't quote tony, and I responded to other things people were talking about as well. This was IN GENERAL, but then he decided to think that I was taking only him seriously.

Now do you understand?

2. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

What would be the point? The most iconic fictional desert turning into a rainforest? Please, no.

Okay, thanks for clearing that part up.

3. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    If you take the following into consideration: concept art of the Millennium Falcon flying above a rocky, desert-like planet, and Daisy Ridley and John Boyega running around and (apparently) getting into adventures on Tatooine...a picture starts to form. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Daisy Ridley's character steals the Falcon from her dad and flies off to Tatooine for some reason. I see it being the equivalent of a teenager stealing their parent's car to go on a joyride. However, the implications are probably a lot more serious than that, and the reason she does this is the big question. The only thing I can think of at this point is that uncle Luke is now living on Tatooine, and she has to find him. Perhaps she wants to become a Jedi, but Han and Leia won't let her? Or maybe it's something more drastic and she needs to find Luke's help immediately as he's her "only hope". While searching for Luke, she comes across Luke's student (John Boyega's character) and they get attacked by bad guys. What happens next is anyone's guess, but I'm pretty sure she finally meets up with Luke.

Hernalt, JunoSynth and Darth_Corvus like this.
  4. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Sounds good. Question is, why would Han part with the Falcon? Was he captured? Probably not killed that early.

5. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Most likely she just sneaks out and takes it without Han's permission and without him knowing about it. Either that, or he's captured/in some sort of trouble. I can see the moment she goes into the dark hangar where Han keeps the Falcon and turning the lights on to reveal it. That would get a standing ovation I think!

6. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    It would be completely undiscovered country, never spied once in 40 years of Star Wars, to depict an actual parent child relationship in a non-dysfunctional family. Shmi/Anakin are dysfunctional because of his special non-parentage. Anakin/Leia are dysfunctional because of unknown relation. Same with Luke. Owen Lars/Luke was as close as possible to a functional family except that it was adoptive. Star Wars is more about tracking and displaying all of the monstrous in all its panoply, and that includes family relationships, than it is about cozy twee simper fests, which C-3PO and Jar Jar are mightily holding down. A daughter stealing her dad's wheels just because risks extremely well-travelled wayyyy-discovered country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.