main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

!!Tatooine Suns Saloon!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by jangoboy71, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Since we don't have an agony board, would everyone join me here in a toast to a dear friend named Ed (who was gentle and kind to everyone he met) who died suddenly and unexpectedly over the weekend? And could someone play something appropriate on the jukebox? Thanks.

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Aww, Skye I'm sorry about your friend. :( I'll join in your toast, but I'm afraid I'm inept at operating that jukebox.

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    *Hello...*

*Hello...*

*Hello...*

*Hello...*

*Hello...*

*Hello...*

Wow, you leave for one minute and everyone leaves!! :D

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend skye...
    ((fumbles around for loose credits))
    ...not sure what would be appropriate for this friend of yours? Hope this does the trick...I'll let everyone guess what the song is:

"...may you find some comfort here"

5. DRD_92

DRD_92 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    *turns music on to wake up customers*

*You act like you don't know me
    When you see me on the street
    You're makin' like I turn you off
    When you know you think I'm sweet

It don't have to be like that
    I guess you're insecure
    If you say what's on your mind
    I might answer "sure"....*

6. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    *runs in, hides under table*

Don't tell anyone I'm in here! Make them all just go away!

...and can someone hand me a large bottle of water and nasal decongestant while you're at it?

7. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    *hands over good to DWH*

Thanks DRD_92...maybe some music will open the place up!

8. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Butterbeers for all!

Oops, wrong movie. [face_blush]

Blue Milk for all! :)

I was sitting in my car after I got out of Giant Eagle, and I heard the "cue to call" on my radio station to call in and win John Mayer tickets. I was going to call, but I thought that it was no use to try now, if I'd get through, I wouldn't win. So I called my dad to tell him to start supper, which he already did. After I was finished talking to him, I thought, "What the hey, I'm not going to win anyways, but I could try... I don't really realy want the tickets, but it would sure be nice to win." I call #981... the Alltel Wireless phone number for WKDD. Busy signal. I try again... It's ringing. My phone beeps because it is going dead. I hurry and plug it in, and it is still ringing. Jon Marochino picks up the phone, and he starts talking to me. I thought that I might have won, since he was talking to me for so long. He asked if I was a John Mayer fan, and I sad that I was a slight fan, I just thought that I'd try to see if I could win. I did. I won the tickets! When he said that it was the John Mayer/Maroon 5 concert, I went crazy. I get to see Maroon 5 again, my second favorite band! :)

Now I just have to wait until August 3rd... plus find someone to go with...

skye, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. :(

9. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    That's sweet, Cindy. Both John Mayer and Maroon 5 are good.

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Congratulations Cindy...have fun at the concert!

11. DRD-1812

DRD-1812 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    DRD_92...nice to see a familiar "face"? :D
    [image=http://www.farscapeworld.com/gallery/10110/10110-078.jpg]

12. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    It's been a pretty screwed up day for me today...

First and foremost, I lost my job today...4 and 1/2 years working at Wal-Mart down the drain, all because of a "workforce reduction". Never thought I'd end up laid off...and it's at a bad time in my life too, when bills are piled up to my neck. Wish me luck with a job, guys, I've been job hunting all day, I may have some luck but I really don't know, it's a bad time of the year to find work right now.

Secondly, I finally got my TIE fighter helmet today, to find it's not the high quality Don Post helmet that this guy advertised on eBay...it's a horrible Rubies model. I feel I got cheated with false advertising...and so that didn't make my day any much better...

So what's the hardest drink in the house? I'll order 10 of 'em for myself...

13. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm sorry you had such a bad day Will. :( I really hope you find another job soon. And I'd demand my money back in that eBay auction. I detest bad sellers. I sell a lot on eBay and it disgusts me when I see people getting ripped off.

14. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I'll pray for you, Will. ;)

And I agree. You need to contact the seller and complain. If he doesn't cooperate, then you can take it up with e-bay itself.

*serves him a smuggler's delight*

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    ((tosses credits on table))
    I'll cover that one...dang Will, sorry to hear that about ya.

16. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    holy cow Will.. 4 and a half years and they lay you off? I'm sorry dude.

And the helmet... dang.

One person has a up day one day, and another person has a down day the next... sorry it had to be you for the down day. :(

17. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Will, sorry about your job. [face_shocked] I don't understand Wal-Mart laying anyone off because they are always jammed with customers when I go in any of their stores. And sorry about your helmet too! :( I'd complain to the seller about it if I were you.

18. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    :: walks back into the bar ::

Here Will, I've been hording this bottle of Carrillian wine for a special occassion... Drink freely my friend.

19. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Man, Will that really does stink! Sorry to hear about the job...and the helmet just puts salt in a already wounded man. I would go to the dealer and say something about that!

20. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Thanks for all the considerate replies, guys. It's good to know that in times of peril, there's people who care :)

I've gone to numerous places the last 2 days in search of work, but haven't turned up too many leads. I've applied at: Best Buy, H.H. Gregg, Circuit City, Radio Shack, EBgames, Gamestop, Lowe's, Home Depot, and UPS. I've also looked around on hotjobs.com for stuff, and I found something interesting regarding a part time internship position at this computer learning center, as a IT help desk technician (computer related stuff). I had to turn in a resume for that, still haven't heard back though. Tomorrow I might be hitting up another couple of places, I hear theres a Tops warehouse out in Maple Heights that pays crazy money. Someone better hire me soon or I'll have to accept "panhandler" as my new job position...

As for the TIE helmet, I contacted the seller about the item, also left him negative eBay feedback. His side of the story? There was a misunderstanding, he claimed that the company who he got the helmets from, gave him those descriptions. As of yesterday, I wrote that I wanted a refund for the helmet...but as of today I think I've changed my mind. Yeah, it is a cheap Rubies helmet, and I paid normal price for it, and as much as I'd have rather gotten a Don Post helmet, I'm sure I would end up having to pay crazy cash for it, which, at this point in time, I don't have that. And for some reason, I keep playing with and looking at my TIE helmet so much, it just keeps growing on me!! It is in pretty good condition for being new and all. So I've decided to keep it. Beggar's can't be choosers...

If I get hired somewhere again, drinks are on me!

21. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey Will, I hear "The Donald" is in need of a new Apprentice now... you could always try getting in with him.

22. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    If the "Donald" you're referring to is the funny looking guy with clown shoes, then the "Donald" can kiss my.....oops. Family board...

23. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Whoops, just saw Yahoo news about Donald Trump...now it makes sense. Shows how much TV I watch...

*sits in corner with dunce cap on*

24. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    LOL Will.

Glad that you are in a better mood about things today.... yesterday... whenever :p

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    just saw Yahoo news about Donald Trump...now it makes sense.
    That's hilarious Will... :D Personally, I'd rather work for the one clown with a good haircut ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.