!!Tatooine Suns Saloon!!

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by jangoboy71, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Unfortunately her doctor discovered on Wednesday that she had toxemia
    Man, I've heard about that...my closest friend from high school (when she had her baby) had that happen. It nearly killed her, and they caught just in time. Best of luck to her and the baby!

Sorry to hear about your grandfather's dog. Believe me, I know how quickly pets can become part of the family.

Cindy...hope the cat is felling better soon.

Had an interview today with this place looking for someone to work at one of their youth centers. I heard about this from the people at my mom's school (they've known me since I was 2 years old). I think it went well (who knows) and I know I can do the job. Pay's not much better then what I'm doing now...but it's Mon-Fri (afternoon/evenings) and it has health benefits! (2 years maximum, since they usually recruit college students)

Then my ex called...to see how I was doing, so it's been a rollercoaster of a day emotionally.
    ((grabs bottle))
    I'll be over there >>> I suggest everyone stay over <<< here
  2. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Does sound a bit up and down, Geoff.
    Hope all goes well for you. :)
  3. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    "I drink from the keg of victory...bring me the finest bagels and danishes in all the land!" - Josh Lyman

I got the call from that place where I had my interview! Basically, they wanted to know if there was any real chance of a job causing me to relocate...because they want me!

So sometime in the next few weeks, I should be starting orientation with West Side Ecuminical Ministry (youth center)...not sure when I'll be starting FULL TIME at the center (Mon-Thurs afternoon/evenings), but I know when I do it's bye-bye Dillards!

4. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Congrats Geoff! :)

BTW, finals suck. [face_plain]
  5. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Congratulations, Geoff! :D Here's a drink from me!
    I'm happy because only one more week until ROTK. Yes, I'm such a geek I will buy both versions.
    **Drops money into the jukebox. "Celebrate good times!"**
    Ooops! [face_blush] Forgot some people loathe that song!
  6. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    SWEET KRASH THATS AWSOME!
  7. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    *buys a butterbeer for Geoff*
    Congrats! :D
  8. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Congrats, Geoff!

...and I'm in perfect agreement with the statement that finals suck. Garr. Nothing to make you feel stupid like a prof with a PhD from MIT.
  9. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Round of drinks on me... yesterday I paid my down payment for grad school to reserve my spot in the school-based program, so assuming when the education departmant evaluates me that they evaluate me well, I'M IN!
  10. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    WooHoo! New SMILIES! :)

:rolleyes: [face_cowboy] [face_whistling] [face_cow] ]-} [face_hypnotized] [face_peace] [face_good_luck] [face_alien] [face_skull] [face_idea] [face_coffee] [face_pumpkin] [face_monkey] [face_flag] @};- [face_chicken] [face_pig] =D= :oops: [face_thinking] [face_clown] [face_shhh] [face_sick] [face_not_talking] I-) O:) o_O :-B :* [face_love] [face_batting] [face_worried] [face_talk_hand] [face_tired]

AND SOME MOVE! :eek:

(but beware! They changed the :confused: smiley! :- / (put it together. ;)))
  11. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks everybody, all I have to do now is wait to find out when I can start. They say "good things come to those who wait"...then this had better be pretty amazing, because it's been a long time coming!

OMG, that's alot of new faces! And they still couldn't find that one of Darth Vader and Luke "faces" lightsaber fighting? What kinda SW site is this? :D
  12. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, this place has been pretty lonely for the past month! If anyone stops by, drinks are on me. I'm back in Boston now, and I just wanted to thank you guys again for continuing to make me feel so welcome at the rare meeting I get to attend. I hope I can come back again soon. The latest will be Mid-Ohio con in November, but I'm hoping I can get back before then. :)
  13. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll take that drink, Rosie! Glad we were able to see you at the meeting too.
  14. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    (glug, glug, glug)
    Thanks, I was thirsty! As for "feel so welcome"...you may be a big, bad, CR now...but you're still family!
  15. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    but you're still family!
    No your not! TRAITOR!!! TRAITOR!!!!! How Could Your Betry The Jedi Knight's Of Cleveland and become a part of the Cincinnati  Rebals!!?!?!
  16. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    No your not! TRAITOR!!! TRAITOR!!!!! How Could Your Betry The Jedi Knight's Of Cleveland and become a part of the Cincinnati Rebals!!?!?!

That's the BOSTON REBELS to you mister!
  17. Stitch-Experiment626 Jedi Knight

star 1
    *rolls in*

*launches mashmellows at Jon*

*eats blender*

*rolls out*
  18. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    I'M NOT DEAD!! I'M NOT DEAD!!

*runs in circles, trips on own feet, falls on face*

So... how's summer in Ohio? :D Summer in Michigan is busy, but I've got a good job that pays well, and I'm getting money on the side from people who are actually interested in buying my artwork, and hiring me to do art for other stuff. Very much exciting.

That's worth drinks all around, methinks. :D
  19. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Things here are kinda hectic for me. I'm kinda doing the Peter Parker thing; juggling school, homework, work, family, trying to find free time, and keep some sanity without the responsibility of being Spider-Man. May 2005 cannot come quick enough. And I'm not even talking with regard to Episode III! Hope everyone else is enjoying their summer though!
  20. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    :: walks in with a bottle of "Don Julio" tequila on one hand, and a firecraker in the other ::

Well, I just had a friend that did a run for the boarder on Friday and he picked me up a REAL bottle of Mexican tequila for the holiday...it only cost him 100 peso's (that's like, $10 American). God I love living near Mexico! Mmmm......42% alc. by volume....mmmmmm...
  21. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    :: walks in with a bottle of "Don Julio" tequila on one hand, and a firecraker in the other ::

[face_shame_on_you]

Just remember, if you're going to light that firecracker in here put the tequila down first.
  22. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    Just remember, if you're going to light that firecracker in here put the tequila down first.

:: Hands drink to Jedi Outcast ::

Here, hold this then...

:: takes out lightsaber and lights firecraker with it ::
  23. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Here, hold this then...

Thanks Jon! I'll take good care of this for you [face_devil].

::runs over to other side of bar where everyone is taking cover from the exploding fireworks::

Who's got a lime and some salt? Tequila shots are on me :D!
  24. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    :: BANG ::

:: SMASH ::

:: FOOM ::

Ok...that was not a good idea...
  25. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    I need to stop reading...I know that sounds odd, just ask Krash, he could explain...so far it is July 8th, and I have read 8 books since June 8th!!

MY EYES HURT ME!!!!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.