main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tattoo Art

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Corrin_Wyndryder, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Hello all,

If any of you have read this, in STAR WARS: "DARTH MAUL" the comic, Darth Maul has tattoos all over his body. I'm sure many of you already knew this, so don't hit me for restating the obvious.

I don't want to copy his tattoos for my own character; Calheir Sett, who has similar tattoos but not identical. In fact, his tattoos are more like a symbiot like Venom or Carnage from the Spider Man comics.

I'm willing to do them myself, but I need something to work from. Does anyone one know of any really good tattoo art web pages or such that I can look at?

Or if someone WANTS to do some concept art for me, I won't say no... :)

2. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    I'd be willing to give that a try. How soon do you need the concept art done by?

3. SamS

SamS Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Becareful how you do the tattoo work, especially on the face. Check out some tattoo books and magazines (although some of it can be disturbing) in the art section of your local book store. My sister has one on Maori tattoos (those dudes from "One were Warriors") and they cover faces, arms and what-all. I say becareful for tattoos on the face because some fan films feature Harlequinn Sith who could very well get suddenly get stuck in a glass or invisible box whilst in the middle of a lightsaber duel. Darth Mime anyone?

On a different note, GrnJalera, when are we going to see an update to TBX Productions website and that teaser we've been promised? I liked the audio commentary.

4. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    The trailer for Conspiracy is 95% done, we just need one final shot from Jedi2016. We wanted to release it months ago, but we wanted to put a release date in the trailer. Something that's rarely done and followed through on. ;) Rest assured, we are waiting on one final piece of information (hopefully within the next day or so) and a MAJOR announcement will be made. The website will also be updated soon. :)

To get back on topic, with the right materials, you can have some very realistic and safe tatto's for the face. :)

5. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    I have all the proper face painting make up. I just need a design for it. I've tried looking online for Maori tattoos, but they've led to a lot of frustrating dead ends. The art will cover the actor's body from above the belt. There will be times that the character's fighting will require him to be a CGI character, sense in the story, the tattoos move.

And as to your question, as soon as possible, (before October?)

The specifications on it are Black Base with Violet Highlights. The character is shaved bald, so that'll help. (maybe) If you want to do one or more, feel free. Privately give me your real name and I will be sure to give you credit if your design is chosen, (or is the only one)

AND NO MIMES!!!!! :p

If you need any more info, please tell me.

6. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    Cool. I'll try and whip something up by this weekend. :) As for my info, check my profile for my name and email. ;)

7. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    Would this be the parasite tatoos?

8. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Yes it would be, Lone Padawaan, which reminds me, I'm not entirely sure I need a mouth or nostrels on the design. It may look like more of a mask... It depends on what I like.

9. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    And if you want to email me your picture, feel free. I've changed my email as of now, my other account got 90 messages of SPAM a day, and that was with maximum filters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.