1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Tattoo Ideas

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Calgamer, Aug 29, 2013.

Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Calgamer Jedi Master

Hey guys!

I've been thinking about getting a Star Wars themed tattoo for a long time now, but I can't decide on what I want.

And before anyone asks, yes I've put some thought into this. I've been in love with Star Wars since long before my dad took me to see TPM (and I'm 22 now!). If people can get tattoos of butterflies or quotes from people they don't know, I think I can justify putting something I've loved forever on my body.

Anyways, I've toyed with a few ideas. One was having one side of my upper body be related to the empire and the dark side, so i'd have characters like vader, palpy, maul, and maybe even dooku or malgus. The other half of my upper body would be dedicated to rebellion/republic and the light side, so it'd be luke, obi-wan, anakin (i like the idea of having him represented as himself and vader) and yoda. But I'm worried that the tattoo artist will have trouble capturing all of these characters to their fullest.

The idea I'm currently leaning towards is having some version of the rebel insignia tattooed on the back of one of my shoulders and the empire/sith insignia on the back of the other shoulder. This is my current preference because it's simple and I feel like I should start small, but it feels like it's missing something. I'd have them be relatively big, maybe softball-ish sized? And they'd be colored, although how I'm not sure yet.

I would love to hear your guys ideas! I'm not a very creative person, so any input is appreciated. The one qualification I have is that any tattoos be on my upper body and either on my back, torso, or upper arms. I'm all for tattoos anywhere, but unfortunately I'm a CPA and visible tattoos aren't allowed.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Minez01 Force Ghost

star 1
    IMO I'd prefer to stay with simple stuff. My personal favourite would be the 'logo' of the mandalorians - it makes for a cool artistic type logo. I also prefer the logo idea you have to the characters themselves.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider