main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tattoo Ideas

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Calgamer, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Calgamer

Calgamer Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2012
    Hey guys!

I've been thinking about getting a Star Wars themed tattoo for a long time now, but I can't decide on what I want.

And before anyone asks, yes I've put some thought into this. I've been in love with Star Wars since long before my dad took me to see TPM (and I'm 22 now!). If people can get tattoos of butterflies or quotes from people they don't know, I think I can justify putting something I've loved forever on my body.

Anyways, I've toyed with a few ideas. One was having one side of my upper body be related to the empire and the dark side, so i'd have characters like vader, palpy, maul, and maybe even dooku or malgus. The other half of my upper body would be dedicated to rebellion/republic and the light side, so it'd be luke, obi-wan, anakin (i like the idea of having him represented as himself and vader) and yoda. But I'm worried that the tattoo artist will have trouble capturing all of these characters to their fullest.

The idea I'm currently leaning towards is having some version of the rebel insignia tattooed on the back of one of my shoulders and the empire/sith insignia on the back of the other shoulder. This is my current preference because it's simple and I feel like I should start small, but it feels like it's missing something. I'd have them be relatively big, maybe softball-ish sized? And they'd be colored, although how I'm not sure yet.

I would love to hear your guys ideas! I'm not a very creative person, so any input is appreciated. The one qualification I have is that any tattoos be on my upper body and either on my back, torso, or upper arms. I'm all for tattoos anywhere, but unfortunately I'm a CPA and visible tattoos aren't allowed.

Thanks in advance!

2. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    IMO I'd prefer to stay with simple stuff. My personal favourite would be the 'logo' of the mandalorians - it makes for a cool artistic type logo. I also prefer the logo idea you have to the characters themselves.

3. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015
    I was reading about the Aurebesh system in the Wookipedia and i have some questions to ask for you guys.

First of all i'm thinking to make a tattoo (my 5th) using this writing system. The phrase will be: "May the force be with you!"

There are five kinds of fonts of Aurebesh:

- Arabesh (true type): Created by Mike E. Webb on February 10, 1996. As only the alphabet had been described, Webb based his punctuation on work by Eric Kristiansen (aka Jackill), and invented glyphs for other common symbols. He also made the lowercase letters small versions of the capitals.

- Aurebesh: (Mac TrueType/PostScript and PC TrueType) Created by David Occhino on September 8, 1997. Occhino updated the punctuation to match West End Games, removed the non-canon symbols (except for the Arabic numerals), and made the lower case letters the same size as the capitals. He also changed the assignments of the digraphs, so it is not backwards compatible with Webb's font.

- newAurebesh: (TrueType) Created by Peter Schuster on June 21, 1998. Schuster also updated the punctuation to match West End Games, removed the non-canon symbols, and made the lower case letters the same size as the capitals. He changed the numbers to match Technical Readouts, and changed the assignments of the digraphs, so it is not backwards compatible with either Webb's or Occhino's fonts.

- Aurek-Besh: (TrueType, standard, narrow, and hand-written) Created by Davide Canavero (aka Boba Fonts) on March 7, 1999. Canavero made small improvements to the rendering of many of the symbols, enlarged the numbers for clarity, and added more logical assignments for the digraphs while also keeping Schuster's assignments. As a result, Aurek-Besh is backwards compatible with newAurabesh.

- Aurebesh OpenType: Created by Tycho Ordo in 2012. This Font covers the whole ASCII code, which means it will display most English Text correctly without missing symbols. It also uses ligatures to display the double letters correctly meaning 'th' for example will be displayed as Thesh. It comes in 4 versions, which differ through the way the display numerals (tech/arabic) and capital letters (normal/inverted).

I've got this information from: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aurebesh

So, my qustions are:

- Wich type of Aurebesh its the most popular or if you have to pick one, wich one you'd pick?

- If someone in this foruns can help me to translate the sentence: "May the force be with you!" to Aurebesh.

- Is the Aurebesch system only translate directly from the basic system (english)?

- A program, or a site that will help me to translate the phrase.