main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Tattoo Party

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dad-1138, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dad-1138

Jedi_Dad-1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    What does everyone think about getting together for a tattoo party. I know I have been wanting an Imperial symbol tattoo for a long time and a couple others have said the same thing to me. If anyone else is interested let me know. I want to do some research first and maybe get everyone together sometime in September. I know that with the new 501st Garrison, I will have at least a few takers. Right?

2. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    I have two tats already. Maybe I will finally have to get a Star Wars tat.

3. DroidboyB9

DroidboyB9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    Oh sure...count me in. Prolly not a SW tat....but hell, who knows.

Gregg

4. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    I'm in!

BTW is that you Brad? Just making sure.

5. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    I'll get a tattoo when it can say "Bonnie was here"

R2-B9

6. DroidboyB9

DroidboyB9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    But that is what mine WILL say.

7. Jedi_Dad-1138

May 20, 2002
    Hey Skylafett. Yeah its me. Brad/Jedi Dad/Logans Dad/ Star Wars Geek. I am glad that you are on board with this. I think it will be great. I know I am going to get an Imperial symbol on my right shoulder. I would like to get the name of my wife and son in the ?Aerabush? lettering around the symbol. I have no idea how it is spelled. If anyone has a link where I can check it out let me know.

See Ya
    Jedi_Dad-1138

8. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    If everyone is serious about doing a tattoo party, I can ask my brother if he would do it. He does tattoos. He would give everyone a really good price too. Not like some shops who charge crazy high prices.

You can look at some of his work here.

Let me know and I will give him a call. If anyone has ideas of what they want (including the size), I can you get you guys price quotes too.

The more people we can get together for the party, the cheaper the prices will be for everyone.

9. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    I have the design for my new tat done, it is the new Republic symbol with Jayden's name in Aerabesh around my left ankle. For those who don't know, I have the Rebel symbol with Jaykob's name in Aerabesh around my right ankle already. Now I will have both ankles taken care of.

I like this sig.

10. Jedi_Dad-1138

May 20, 2002
    Hey WhoPimp,
    I have been hearing a lot of good things about SkinQuake. Where did you get your tat's at? We also have a member posting that has a relative who does tattoo work as well. If you could send me a link or copy of the Aerabesh language that would be great. So do you think we can get enough people to turn this into a sig? :cool:

11. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Man, I wish I was there for this! I was all set to get the rebel symbol on my left shoulder blade when my (then) flatmate got it done on his arm, so I didn't go through with it.

You can download the Aurabesh font sets here. Just check, cause there's a few versions there.

And I want photos when they're done!

12. Boba_Binks

Sep 7, 2001
    I got both of my tats at Skin Quake. They are rated one of the top three in the country. I highly recomend them.

13. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    Damn, our Australian Garrison is on top of things!

I think that I got mine at Skinquake, but that was so long ago, I don't even remember.

Maybe we could all get them done in Brisbane!!!

14. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    The tattoo parlour where I got my navel pierced is high on my list. There's a big biker dude who has a talent with needles there.

;)

15. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Lets do this...

16. Boba_Binks

Sep 7, 2001
    I will start designing my next tat then. No it will not be Jar Jar or C-3P0! ;)
    I will warn you all right now. Once you get your first one, you will want others.
    Also, design your own, you do not want the flash on the walls, everyone has those. :)

17. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I wanted to get a purple dolphin on my ankle when I freaked out and turned 30... but I turned chicken [face_blush]

18. thraken76

thraken76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2001
    I'm gonna get a picture of the LOTR midgets and old men crying and hugging tattooed on my back.

naw!

I wouldn't mind getting the reek skull from Boba's armor on my bicep, but lots of people already have that.

19. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    It would still be a sweet tat!

20. Jedi_Dad-1138

May 20, 2002
    I want to give everybody a chance to respond first. After that if you will send me a copy of the tat artwork you are going to want. I will check with some places and see if we can get some kind of group rate. If anyone is interested in coming out in costume for this outing let me know. Who knows maybe we can get the news crews back out after us again. Just out of curiosity. How many are going to get an Imperial symbol? How many for a Rebel symbol? How many for your own artwork and last but not least the IK symbol? I was a bit surprised to find so many posts on this subject. I thought it would be me and a handful of some others. I agree with Ron's statement "LETS DO THIS!!!"

21. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    I'm in. :) I've been needing to get my lightsabre tat fixed for a while now. Does anybody know of a good place to go to get exisiting tats touched up??

22. Jedi_Dad-1138

May 20, 2002
    OK who has a nice big and clean copy of the Imperial symbol. I am going to start getting my tattoo artwork together. Jedimama I have heard that SkinQuake does retouch and cover up work as well. If they are even half as good as what I have been hearing you should be in good shape.

23. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Jedi_Dad-1138 -- I have a vector based image of the imperial symbol, so I've got it as big and as clean as you want it. Can your computer open either .eps, .ai or .png files? Or you can specify a size you want and I'll send it to you in a web-friendly format.

Here's a small version anyway...

24. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    I can handle png files. If you send it to me I will pass it on.

25. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Alright, I've just put it up on my server, so if you right click here and save it, it should come through alright.

You can resize it as you like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.