main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Taun We research

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by MagicCoon, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicCoon

MagicCoon Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2003
    Hi everyone!

Does anyone have any images of Taun We that do not include just the close up of her face, the partial full body shot, or the action figure? Those are the only ones I'm finding anywhere online.

My other question is if you all think it would be incredibly cheesy bad if I was to make a Taun We costume that did not include the really long neck (so imagine it just shorter). Just curious, consider it a "poll" :)

Thanks,
    Sarah :)

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I really liked her costume in the film, and I think it would be nice to see a version of it, even without the long neck. :)

3. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Maybe you can make some sort of long neck piece and fake head that you can sort of wear as a hat??

4. FERDALUMP

FERDALUMP Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Actually I toyed around with wearing a hard hat with a picture of Taun We's head on it (like they used for placement when making the film) I thought it would be a kick!

Another neat way to do the costume is with black out areas (like they use on stage a lot) On a dark stage or area the areas you don't want to see get lost with black material and clothes. Neat effect!

I think the flowy skirt and all is neat--but honestly I don't think people would "get" the costume if you didn't have the long neck.

Do you ever think that Lucas comes up with these type of CGI characters just so people can't copy them? ;) LOL!

~Ferd :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.