main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

TOR Tauntaun mounts coming to SWTOR

Discussion in 'Games' started by Vicarious Fan, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2013
    Hando and Lady_Misty like this.
  2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Cool! Always wanted to ride one.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 8

Oct 3, 2003
    About time, wanted to have some mountable creatures

4. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Certainly looks good too and so glad I've picked this up again. I'm addicted.

5. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
  6. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    About time, speeders are so dull.

7. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    At least, they should make them faster, in some planets like Hoth, Tatooine, Belsavis, it takes foreeeeever...

8. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Also coming is the Varacytl, coming in the Freelancer's Bounty pack on the Cartel Marketplace. So, of course, it will have 0.9% drop rate and cost 5.7 million on the GTN. However, it is one of the beast/animal mounts I've been waiting for, second only to the Tauntaun. I see more coming in the future...Bantha, Dewback, etc.

[​IMG]

9. brat-of-kansas

brat-of-kansas Jedi Master star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    Time to start saving my creds! <3

10. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Looks like more than just the basic Varactyl will be available. I can only imagine that was to be expected?

[​IMG]

Remains to be see how we will access these fine looking Mounts. Either through the gamble of the Cartel Market or perhaps something on Taris (where they mostly appear in-game) similar to the Tauntauns. Speaking of Tauntauns, I've acquired both mounts. Both look exceptional and the animation looks relatively smooth. Took longer than I would have preferred due to work.

11. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I cannot find the stupid Tauntaun nests on Hoth. Frustrating. I stumbled across one and then none of the fauns would come out and let me get the domestication data. Then a wampa killed me. The end.

12. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Theres a great guide on Dulfy that show where all of the nests are - I've read that there is only a 1 in 5 chance of each lure succeeding in drawing out a TT but with 5 - 6 nests, and 3 fauns on each it only took me a couple of nights to get a mount.

If you have the macrobinoculars they show you were they all are.

I used some Cartel Coins for a new Contraband pack last night and got a Varactyl in my first drop. GET IN!! =D=:cool:

Grand Admiral Strife likes this.
  13. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    According to the new Cantina tour flash drive, more new mounts are in the works. Including armored Tauns (which I think we all saw coming) and Dewbacks.

[​IMG]